Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Two positives from last nights game

Jalen Smith appears to finally be living up to his potential when we drafted him

And LVE can tackle. When he gets his hands on somebody they typically go down. He made a number of solo tackles last night and appears to be a sure tackler. He wasn’t perfect but he is looking good at this point which is encouraging

Fuck the Cowboy offense
Fuck the coaches
Fuck the play calling

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
847a2db8671cf62fb52e09f47a7fe89f.png

LOL

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Linehan/Garrett's "Dak friendly" offense is the same girl in a different dress. The Cowboys still telegraph their intentions by formation and personnel. Instead of at least trying to play to our strengths, whatever the fuck they are, TPTB still think Dak is going to be Tony Romo.
Spoiler alert: He's not.
He's going to be exactly what he was in college. A big tough guy who does better on the move, using drop back as the surprise, not the norm. Every game we try to force Dak to be something he's not, we lose ground.
Romeo Crennel called a damn near perfect game against us. Just stuff the run. They literally had no worries about our passing game, and they were right.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If this year gets Garrett canned it will be a great year.

I find watching the game I dont even care what happens and actually find myself wanting them to lose. Its that bad. Its like rooting for Garrett to be canned.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If this year gets Garrett canned it will be a great year.

I find watching the game I dont even care what happens and actually find myself wanting them to lose. Its that bad. Its like rooting for Garrett to be canned.

Me too, what good will winning do for this organization?

They'll never win enough to matter, only enough to justify the status quo, we need Cleveland Brown level of failure to shake things up

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just heard a stat that we have only scored 37 points in the last 14 quarters of football

Fucking SAD!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Deondre Hopkins had 71 more yards than our entire WR group last night

Cowboys WR group = 6/80 yards
DH = 9/151

Last edited:

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The only 2 offenses that average less passing yards per game than Dallas? Arizona and Buffalo

The only 2 offenses that score less points per game than Dallas? Arizona and Buffalo

Congrats Dak, Garrett, Linehan....you are right there with Arizona and Buffalo.

Bunch of fucking losers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zeke got tackled behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 1. He was pretty much stopped all night so I'm not sure what would have changed if we went for it on 4th and 1. It was a no win situation. We run it with Zeke and he gets stopped again, we'd be second guessing because the Texans were stacking the box all night. If we let Dak throw it and we don't get it, we'd be screaming why we didn't give the ball to Zeke (who'd been shut down all night).

I had no problem with the punt. Pin them deep and play D. I know it's asking a lot of our defense but I'm at the point where I'd rather put the game in their hands than the QB.

The issue I had with it was there was absolutely ZERO risk in lining up and at least trying to draw them offsides. In fact taking the 5 yd delay of game probably would have helped the punter anyway.

Houston was playing super aggressive and on at least 2 or 3 occasions their guys jumped offsides and got back. Going up in a tight formation and trying to make them jump would have been much smarter than being a fucking pussy loser and running the punt team right out.

The other issue was Garrett retarded, loser logic afterwards. He said "pinning them deep and playing defense" was the smart move there. OK dumbass, if that's the smart move then why take the ball first to begin with in OT? His logic made zero fucking sense there.

Our D played great in the redzone but they moved the ball up and down the field the entire game. Once you dont score on the first possession, all the other team needs is a FG so "punting" like Garrett did at essentially their 40 yd line was incredibly retarded.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The only 2 offenses that average less passing yards per game than Dallas? Arizona and Buffalo

The only 2 offenses that score less points per game than Dallas? Arizona and Buffalo

Congrats Dak, Garrett, Linehan....you are right there with Arizona and Buffalo.

Bunch of fucking losers.

And those two teams are in full out rebuild mode being led by rookie QB's

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are in full on rebuild mode right now too

It’s just that the team is not admitting or talking about it

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The issue I had with it was there was absolutely ZERO risk in lining up and at least trying to draw them offsides.

exactly right. It should've been called ahead of time.

IE
listen, if we dont convert this 3rd down, we're going hurry up to the line on 4th and will try to draw them offsides.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That said, I still think going for it would have been the right decision.

After running Zeke and getting stuffed on 3rd down, line up in a run heavy formation and run a playaction pass, having a couple guys run short routes in the flat and Prescott roll in that direction, giving him the option for either an easy short completion or running for it.

We only needed a fucking yard. Garrett is such a loser.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We are in full on rebuild mode right now too

It’s just that the team is not admitting or talking about it

8 years of JG and we are in full on rebuild mode because the process works so well......lol

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I heard him when he said it but didn't in my wildest dreams think it meant he would sacrifice success on the field in order to pull this off:

But unfortunately, Jones came across as a guy from Little Rock who wanted to make one point perfectly clear: He is the owner.

"I will be a part of every decision,' he told us. Later, he added, "I won't leave anything to the football people.'

Dallas Morning News - February 26, 1989

HaBewmW.png

But wait! There's more:

"I'll be a part of every decision,' Jones said. "I won't leave anything to the football people. Certainly, Jimmy Johnson is the football expert on this team. Tex has an enormous background (in the front office). I'm not saying I'm coming into being the football coach. But we're a team. I want to understand everything about the Cowboys.'

The Dallas Morning News - February 26, 1989

9gzjtnv.png

:asshat

:puke

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The issue I had with it was there was absolutely ZERO risk in lining up and at least trying to draw them offsides. In fact taking the 5 yd delay of game probably would have helped the punter anyway.

I agree dbair and it's amazing the most basic strategies are foreign to this coaching fraud. But listen to us....we have to rely on trick plays and gimmicks to score and/or get a first down. We've got issues for sure.

The other issue was Garrett retarded, loser logic afterwards. He said "pinning them deep and playing defense" was the smart move there. OK dumbass, if that's the smart move then why take the ball first to begin with in OT? His logic made zero fucking sense there.

Our D played great in the redzone but they moved the ball up and down the field the entire game. Once you dont score on the first possession, all the other team needs is a FG so "punting" like Garrett did at essentially their 40 yd line was incredibly retarded.

We'll just have to disagree on this one. It was a long yard and we got stopped on 3rd and one. I think we actually lost yardage on that play. I have absolutely no confidence that we'd get the first. Zero....zilch. A long FG may have been worth a shot but not going for it. Our offense sucks. Just putrid. 3rd and 1 feels the same as 3rd and 20.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still dont like him in pass coverage and I would never have taken him as 34th pick in the draft but at least he giving them some return on investment on the field. Blitzing and run and chase situations he is actually playing well.

Top Bottom