Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We need a receiver. Beasley is not a no. 1. Gallup is not ready yet, and we don't seem to have deep threat.
But, we do have a proven deep threat (Austin). They were obviously scared of him and all we ever did was use him as a decoy. We don't throw deep balls unless we need a lot of yards on 3rd down. We never throw deep on 1st and 10, we never run play-action on 2nd and 1... We are NOT putting our players in the best positions to succeed! Our play calling is idiotic and predictable.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Garrett just now. ..

We weren't efficient enough in the passing game.

Every FUCKING week he says the same thing.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I am not buying the old coaching excuse as for why dak stinks. He can't hit a guy between the numbers from 8 yards away.
Except he's done it, over and over.

You don't understand what's happening. I predicted it two years ago. Saying, "Yeah Dak looks great now but wait until Ginger has a full offseason with him."

You think the skills and instinct he showed in 2016 just disappeared? It was "coached" out of him. If he was shit he wouldn't have done what he did in 2016.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No. I think the league studied dak, realized he can't beat anyone from the pocket and can't routinely beat anyone throwing down the field, and they game plan accordingly. He blows. He's about 30% the QB that Blake bortles is.
And that's not good.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I do like how the defense is coming along. We need a receiver. Beasley is not a no. 1. Gallup is not ready yet, and we don't seem to have deep threat. 16 points won't get it done.

The Cowboys are averaging 16.6 points a game through week 5. Jax will shred our offense next week. The Boys will be lucky to score 10. It's gonna be ugly!!!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Except he's done it, over and over.

You don't understand what's happening. I predicted it two years ago. Saying, "Yeah Dak looks great now but wait until Ginger has a full offseason with him."

You think the skills and instinct he showed in 2016 just disappeared? It was "coached" out of him. If he was shit he wouldn't have done what he did in 2016.
Helen cant fix it? Who knew?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No. I think the league studied dak, realized he can't beat anyone from the pocket and can't routinely beat anyone throwing down the field, and they game plan accordingly.
Except, he did that regularly in 2016. They tried that shit, it didn't work.

What they did after 2016 was, realize how predictable and idiotic our play calling was going to be after that first offseason, and planned accordingly. Just like they did when we had Murray and Romo.

Explain yo-yo seasons any other way? It's not like this is new. 12-4 then 4-12, 13-3 then 8-8.... What's the common denominator?

GINGER.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I bet Jerry totin still enjoyed the game. He still cheering for his ball squad

Jerry totin >>> :koolaid

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The defense is a pocket collapsing DT away from being pretty good.
Again, if they had some imagination they could run stunts to collapse the pocket in the middle, could have some well-designed blitzes, and not be straight-up bread and butter all the time. We don't need some "missing piece" player.

COACHING.

The defensive personnel we have is better than average. The coaching is far below average.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No. I think the league studied dak, realized he can't beat anyone from the pocket and can't routinely beat anyone throwing down the field, and they game plan accordingly. He blows. He's about 30% the QB that Blake bortles is.
And that's not good.

Add to that the Cowboys are too stupid to run the ball 25-30 a game consistently (you know because they have like a great Oline and premier RB and shit) and you end up with a suck ass Offense. 8 years of this same crap over and over and over and JG is still clapping on the sideline. Comical, disgusting and very sad.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Add to that the Cowboys are too stupid to run the ball 25-30 a game consistently
Because the bottom line is, Garrett doesn't want to be defined by the running game. He doesn't believe in it, and doesn't like it. He thinks it is the past, of football. So he sabotages it. 1st and 10, 9 man box, run up the gut. Then says "see? The running game doesn't work in today's game."

Reaction score
I loveeee Sunday evenings after a loss.

There are STILL some clowns at CZ who are defending Garrett. It's incredible how stupid most of this fanbase is, I guess partly due to such large numbers.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jesse holley just now

"Dak deserves a lot of blame , he is not an accurate QB. He is not a hundred million dollar QB"

Then....

"This coaching staff or Dak. It has to be one or the other because its a bad match. Dak can't overcome deficiencies like romo could"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jesse holley just now

"Dak deserves a lot of blame , he is not an accurate QB. He is not a hundred million dollar QB"

Then....

"This coaching staff or Dak. It has to be one or the other because its a bad match. Dak can't overcome deficiencies like romo could"

But... Romo never DID!

Same idiots also love to say "Garrett wasted Romo's career." They gotta try to have it both ways. It's not.

THERE IS ONE FUCKING COMMON DENOMINATOR AND THAT IS GARRETT.

And Jerry is why we have Garrett.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s weird

Even in our 4-12 Weeden/Cassell debacle of a year I never felt this discouraged and uninterested in the team

I guess finally realizing and accepting the Dak is not the answer nor is he the next franchise QB has killed the last hope I had that this team “might not” suck for another ten years while they search for their next franchise QB

ALL HOPE that we don’t lose another decade to Jerry and his bullshit is lost!

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But, we do have a proven deep threat (Austin). They were obviously scared of him and all we ever did was use him as a decoy. We don't throw deep balls unless we need a lot of yards on 3rd down. We never throw deep on 1st and 10, we never run play-action on 2nd and 1... We are NOT putting our players in the best positions to succeed! Our play calling is idiotic and predictable.
He's too short. Any deep jump ball you throw to him, he's going to lose. You can't drop a pass into him over the top. We could have used him more tonight, though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's too short. Any deep jump ball you throw to him, he's going to lose. You can't drop a pass into him over the top. We could have used him more tonight, though.

Somehow he did all that with the Rams. Somehow he was a pro bowl WR. And Houston was scared to death of him tonight. They know what you don't.

COACHING. Putting players in the best position to succeed.

Top Bottom