theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wouldn't be overly surprised if we get shutout.

And BTW what happened last night could not have left a good taste in the mouths of anybody on the roster. Kind of loss that could linger much like a room clearing fart.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just checked the betting lines" Jags anywhere from 1 to 2.5 point favorite. Over/under 41.5

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Where's the fucking creativity and imagination this red goof is supposed to possess?
To further this point, I've been noticing this season that when we run play-action, it doesn't even look like a running play. We don't do inside handoffs, they're typically regular handoffs where Dak turns around and hands the ball to Zeke as he streaks by. But when we run play-action now, we fake a play we don't even run - the inside handoff. Telegraphing that it isn't a run, and defeating the entire purpose of the play-action! You have to SELL the play-action. You have to make it fucking LOOK like a running play, you have to have that threat of a run make them freeze for a second, or even cheat up towards it. Houston did nothing of the sort last night - they knew it was a pass. Every time.

Additionally, when is the last time we ran a fucking DRAW PLAY?

We are NOT putting our players in the best position to succeed, and we are NOT "taking what the defense gives us." Instead we're running right into the teeth of 9-man fronts, giving away our intentions on play-action and constantly doing what they expect, every time..

THIS IS HOW YOU FUCKING WIND UP IN 4TH AND ONE IN OT TO START WITH.

The opponents know what's coming, and we don't even make a perfunctory effort to fool anyone.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And BTW what happened last night could not have left a good taste in the mouths of anybody on the roster. Kind of loss that could linger much like a room clearing fart.

Yeah there were some pics of guys on the sideline, you could see it in their faces.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don’t know how Garrett doesn’t lose the locker room every other year

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don’t know how Garrett doesn’t lose the locker room every other year

I don't know that he's ever had it.

It's like the 95 season, the veterans all banded together and said "we're going to do this" by ignoring Switzer and doing things the way Jimmy had them doing, going back to what they know, worked.

This bunch though, they have no such knowledge or experience. It's rudderless. The blind, "leading" the blind.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I see the 4skins missed their flight to New Orleans. What a shit show the NFCE is right now. I suspect the Egirls get it together enough to win the division before too long.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i remember this play and i mostly remember jaylon falling and that being the main reason for the huge gain..

but take a look at the almighty jeff heath. dude is a heat seeking missile back there except when hes gotta pump the breaks and change direction

jeff heath is just JJ Wilcox that can catch ints

btw jj wilcox just got released

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is what the process has done to the team, folks

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know that he's ever had it.

It's like the 95 season, the veterans all banded together and said "we're going to do this" by ignoring Switzer and doing things the way Jimmy had them doing, going back to what they know, worked.

This bunch though, they have no such knowledge or experience. It's rudderless. The blind, "leading" the blind.

Yeah that team still had outstanding team-wide leadership in the lockerroom. Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Haley and others, they commanded the respect of the team.

They also still had a top-notch assistant coaching staff. Switzer was exactly what Randy Galloway pegged him as, the "ISP" (Insignificant Sideline Personnel)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I see the 4skins missed their flight to New Orleans. What a shit show the NFCE is right now. I suspect the Egirls get it together enough to win the division before too long.

Division was ours for the taking, and the season is being wasted, again.

23 seasons now since that last championship game/Super Bowl title, and we've managed 4 really good seasons (that all ended in postseason disappointment) in that period. Unquestionably the worst run in the history of the franchise.

Top Bottom