Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jaylon seems to be one second round pick they took a flier on that has finally and actually paid off

Unlike Randy Gregory

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
LOL! This is not even close to the biggest difference at all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll just have to disagree on this one. It was a long yard and we got stopped on 3rd and one. I think we actually lost yardage on that play. I have absolutely no confidence that we'd get the first. Zero....zilch. A long FG may have been worth a shot but not going for it. Our offense sucks. Just putrid. 3rd and 1 feels the same as 3rd and 20.

I don't totally disagree with punting (although I wouldn't have done it) but I do disagree with him on his logic about it. And as I mentioned before, it was absolutely no risk whatsoever to at least try to draw them offsides, and that clown didn't even consider it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Calling all Kool-Aid drinkers:

if our coaching weren't so bad, OUR TEAM would be running away with the division.

That's the issue these clowns don't get. 2--3 with the talent this team has is inexcusable IMO. All he's doing with his asinine comment is enabling the dumbass HC even more "don't you worry 'lil Jason, we've got your back against these evil fans"

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
if our coaching weren't so bad, OUR TEAM would be running away with the division.

That's the issue these clowns don't get. 2--3 with the talent this team has is inexcusable IMO. All he's doing with his asinine comment is enabling the dumbass HC even more "don't you worry 'lil Jason, we've got your back against these evil fans"
I wish the fans at the next home game would start a Garrett Sucks chant loud and clear and not stop. would be great to see jerry squirm in his box on tv. It might shame the idiot into doing the right thing.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
afa6ce9e6b8a1be5eb4724eb51a4a660.png

I love the title NFL meme gave it!

Is that Claps-A-Lot or Collapse-A-Lot..? Sorry I'm a bit hard of hearing.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So the Red-tarded One that is an offensive-minded HC, announces to the world that he does not believe in his own offense to get ONE YARD.

That certainly will help morale of the offense.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I could see both ways on the 4th and 1 (.5).

I would have preferred them to have gone for it as with the 10 min OT, you really don't get that many chances to score anymore. The odds of a tie are more likely.

But, they did have their chance to show what they could do on 3rd and 1 and messed that up. Plus the fact Watson looked really beat up and the D was playing well. My concern was the lack of time when we got the ball back.

Of course we know how that turned out.

Regardless, the D looked pretty good. REALLY good if you consider Sean Lee was not out there the entire game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would have much rather gone for it and lost then play safe and lose anyway

I will always want to go out swinging!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know this isn’t the pick em thread for next week be the Jags, but why wait

There is absolutely NOTHING that could happen this week that could change my mind. That includes the Jags plane going down in ball of flame and killing off all their starters. We could play their practice squad and still lose

I’m picking the Jags!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I could see both ways on the 4th and 1 (.5).

I would have preferred them to have gone for it as with the 10 min OT, you really don't get that many chances to score anymore. The odds of a tie are more likely.

But, they did have their chance to show what they could do on 3rd and 1 and messed that up. Plus the fact Watson looked really beat up and the D was playing well. My concern was the lack of time when we got the ball back.

Of course we know how that turned out.

Regardless, the D looked pretty good. REALLY good if you consider Sean Lee was not out there the entire game.

So... At MINIMUM you try to draw them offsides. This is something I'm pretty sure Garrett's never tried. This is a forever gripe I have with this idiot coward.

Further, please tell me that "hey diddle-diddle, Zeke up the middle" isn't our ONLY short yardage situation play. Where's the fucking creativity and imagination this red goof is supposed to possess?

3rd and 2 and we run up the gut into a 9 man box. We did that all night on 1st and 10 too. This from the preachers of "take what the defense gives us."

There's no defending the play calling in this game and there's no defending just punting in OT without even trying to gain the 1st down by penalty first.

This idiot wanted to "pin them deep" knowing all they needed was a FG to win? And knowing they had been moving the ball very well all game between the 20s?

You punt in OT when you don't have a choice, not as a preferred strategy to win the game.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Well, the defense played well down in the red zone, I'll give them that.
Too bad they didn't need to actually need to be in the red zone after the Cowboys had a possession in OT.
Remember, in the 2016 OT game against the Eagles, Garrett had to be talked out of the FG, go for it and eventually win the game. Garrett's a coward and is more worried about his status as coach than actually being a coach.
Whether he punted or went for it on 4th and one means nothing in the long run. As stated elsewhere he showed zero faith in the O-line and Zeke. Watson and Hopkins made a play when they had a chance, Zeke and the Hot Boyz ( LOL ) never got that chance. We'll never know if Houston would have stopped Zeke, or if Zeke gets the yards or even gets past the front 7 and houses it to win the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The D was really good inside the 10.

The rest of the time, the D was pretty mediocre. And we essentially got no sacks on a guy that got dumped 7 times the week before against a far lesser talented Colts defense.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I know this isn’t the pick em thread for next week be the Jags, but why wait

There is absolutely NOTHING that could happen this week that could change my mind. That includes the Jags plane going down in ball of flame and killing off all their starters. We could play their practice squad and still lose

I’m picking the Jags!

Probably be the lowest under of the year in Vegas, I'll guess 39. I dont think they will score 29 combined

Top Bottom