dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is officially done for 2018.

This team is an utter clusterfuck in every possible way. It's the worst coached team I have ever seen. Week in and week out we find new, amazing ways to underachieve, fuck up and fail.

The next time Day After Thoughts appears will be the Day After Garrett is FINALLY fired.

We need a repeat of the 1988 offseason now. The best part of that idea would be getting another new owner, but there's no reason to hope for that.

The best we can hope for is finish with the top pick of the draft and combine that with the hiring of a REAL potential Head Coach and staff.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I truly feel bad for the Fans who are still paying good money to watch an inferior product. I haven't spent money on the Cowboys in 6 years and counting now. Said I wouldn't until JG was gone and I have stuck with my pledge.

Reaction score
I truly feel bad for the Fans who are still paying good money to watch an inferior product. I haven't spent money on the Cowboys in 6 years and counting now. Said I wouldn't until JG was gone and I have stuck with my pledge.

The only Cowboy gear I still have is a cap that was previously owned by a former player. It's the only relic I have of what used to be. I can't part with it, but I cannot even remember the last time I purchased anything Cowboys retail. It has certainly been some years now.

I haven't been to a game in years either. No plans at present to change that even though I have enough spare cash that if this team were an actual football team I would gladly go at least twice this year despite the ridiculous prices. No matter how much Forbes values the Cowboys at I know for a fact that it isn't as much as it could be just on my abstinence alone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
https://www.12up.com/posts/6179046-...and-jason-garrett-off-the-team/partners/44566
23a41aa9cb44c2b6e318a9fab4fd4158.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Best hope we have of getting change instituted- AT&T Stadium just has to have embarrassingly bad attendance.

Jerruh still got the money, but if the stadium is half empty or less then it sends huge message.

Paul Gee

Spectator
Reaction score
I have been following the Cowboys closely since Bob Lilly was chasing Bob Griese in Tulane Stadium. Yesterday's offensive performance was perhaps one of the most pathetic I've ever witnessed. The challenging part is to figure what's the worst.
1. Coaching. Unimaginative play calling and poor field awareness/mistakes
2. QB play. Horrible inaccuracy continues from last year. Wow. Beginning to think that DP is a backup.
3. Offensive Line. How do the Eagles lose 5 starters last year and win the Super Bowl? We lose a water boy and the whole team goes down the toilet. Great depth.
4. WR corps. I never thought i'd say this, but maybe Dez's half millimeter of separation is better than the quarter millimeter of separation that this year's group gets?
I mean this product is horrible. I can't believe that Pros can be this bad. I'm amazed the defense lasted as long as they did!! How can the offense go in the locker room and even look at the other side. They should be freaking ashamed!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How can the offense go in the locker room and even look at the other side.

especially considering the entire game and rules are structured to make the offensive side of the ball excel

Reaction score
Appetite for Destruction

When you are the final decision maker for a football team and you have the results that the Jonesboys have displayed over the first 3 games, you have an appetite for destruction.

Lets analyze how we got to this point. The dumbo GM let go the no.1 WR on the team for the last 3 years that has not performed up to his contract. But, no WR on the roster has taken advantage of the drop in production to show they can be a no.1 or no. 2 WR. The dumbo GM also knew he had pressing LB issues over the last 3 years because his star LB he paid a contract extension to is always unavailable. The other LB he spent a 2nd rounder on was still running like a on leg priate. So that LB could be unavailable. So do you exacerbate the issue by cutting the no.1 WR? Only after you sign a no.1 WR in Free Agency. Dez Bryant should not have been cut. Until the Cowboys had Allen Robinson who was the Jags no.1 WR. Jones ruined his QB when he was not necessarily blind sided with the no.1 TE and future HOF decided he had enough Jones and got a prime time TV gig thanks to his BFF.

Jones appetite for destruction continued by allowing Jason Garrett and Linehan to stay as HC and OC. On the defensive side of the ball he got Marinelli help and his possible replacement. On the offensive side of the ball he keep a OC that proved he was inept last year and would be more inept with and inept HC without the QB coach that supported and guided Dak Prescott to be considered heir to the Cowboys QB throne in Wade Wilson. Wade Wilson was such a strong support for Dak because when he came into the NFL, he was DAK. He was a running QB that slowly became a running QB that could throw accurately. So he could manage and develop Dak better than any coach currently on the roster. Dak has nothing in common with ex Boise St. QB Linehan disciple now Cowboys QB coach. You can not fit a round peg into a square hole.

The game yesterday 2nd play from scrimmage shows the appetite for destruction and the worthlessness Dak Prescott round peg for a square hole is with the Cowboys. 1st play from scrimmage Zeke Elliott rushes for 6 yards. Next play is another run or play action or RPO right? Hell No! The Cowboys take Elliott completely off the field and go empty backfield with 4 WR. 4 WR who would not be a no.1 or no.2 WR on any team in the NFL. The game was lost after that play call. How many times you saw Norv Turner take Emmitt Smith off the field on the 2nd play from scrimmage after a 6 yard gain or Tom Landry take Dorsett off the field after a 6 yard gain? NEVER! Even the 3-13 senile Tom Landry with Herschel Walker would keep him on the field as Herschel touched the ball more than any RB in the NFL in 1988.

Jerry Jones appetite for destruction has made Dak Prescott look like a 4th round mistake, Elliott looks like a one dimensional RB and Dak does not have a no.1 WR, no. 2 WR or no.1 TE. So you will see this Cowboys offense continue to self destruct over and over again. Because Jerry Jones decided Jason Garrett who never was a successful OC without the late Tony Sparano and Linehan who could not OC successfully the Vikings with Randy Moss, the Rams with Torry Holt and the Lions with Calvin Jackson would make Dak and Zeke a offensive powerhouse without Dez Bryant, and Jason Witten is proof the Dumbo GM has a healthy appetite for destruction

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yesterday's offensive performance was perhaps one of the most pathetic I've ever witnessed. The challenging part is to figure what's the worst.
1. Coaching. Unimaginative play calling and poor field awareness/mistakes
2. QB play. Horrible inaccuracy continues from last year. Wow. Beginning to think that DP is a backup.
3. Offensive Line. How do the Eagles lose 5 starters last year and win the Super Bowl? We lose a water boy and the whole team goes down the toilet. Great depth.
4. WR corps. I never thought i'd say this, but maybe Dez's half millimeter of separation is better than the quarter millimeter of separation that this year's group gets?
I mean this product is horrible. I can't believe that Pros can be this bad. I'm amazed the defense lasted as long as they did!! How can the offense go in the locker room and even look at the other side. They should be freaking ashamed!!

I was sitting here thinking the same thing. Who do you point at first?
head coach?
QB?
O-line?
WRs?

I am still inclined to blame Garrett first and Dak next.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Quincy Prescott is a combination of Cam Newton and Goff. Everything will be fine.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Even the 3-13 senile Tom Landry with Herschel

Maybe you should Google "Bum Bright" and pay close attention to the part where his failed investments caused him to gut the team and facilities.
"Senile" 'Ol Tom drafted Michael Irvin and was about to draft Troy Aikman when Mr. Bright had to cut his losses and sell the team.
Try again.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Maybe you should Google "Bum Bright" and pay close attention to the part where his failed investments caused him to gut the team and facilities.
"Senile" 'Ol Tom drafted Michael Irvin and was about to draft Troy Aikman when Mr. Bright had to cut his losses and sell the team.
Try again.

Joe Gibbs said then and has always maintained that coaching against him made it obvious the game had not passed him by

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking the same thing. Who do you point at first?
head coach?
QB?
O-line?
WRs?

I am still inclined to blame Garrett first and Dak next.

Garrett hired Linehan and Alexander, those are by far the 3 worst coaches on the team and those 3 combined have done the most to ensure our suckness.

As awful as Jerry is, if he had enough sense to hire another Jimmy Johnson type coach this team's results would be VASTLY different.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The 1989 Cowboys were better offensively than this team. That was painful to watch.

Reaction score
The 1989 Cowboys were better offensively than this team. That was painful to watch.

We've documented in the fails thread of how the current offense has broken some of the franchise record lows of the 1989 team. The 2017-2018 Cowboys offense is, on paper, worse than the 1989 offense. That's over an 11 game stretch so far, but I'm confident this offense can go even lower.

Consider this too - the Cowboys have the leading rusher in the NFL (Zeke is tied for 1st in yards gained), and yet the overall offensive ranking for the Cowboys offense is 31st. How is that even possible to do? It may very well have happened before, but I can't recall any.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We've documented in the fails thread of how the current offense has broken some of the franchise record lows of the 1989 team. The 2017-2018 Cowboys offense is, on paper, worse than the 1989 offense. That's over an 11 game stretch so far, but I'm confident this offense can go even lower.

Consider this too - the Cowboys have the leading rusher in the NFL (Zeke is tied for 1st in yards gained), and yet the overall offensive ranking for the Cowboys offense is 31st. How is that even possible to do? It may very well have happened before, but I can't recall any.

When you have 4 yards passing with 8 minutes left in the half, it's not hard to figure out. Think about that.....4 fucking passing yards. That's impossible but it's true. It's a level of QB futility we've rarely seen (although we've seen it twice under Garrett).

Reaction score
When you have 4 yards passing with 8 minutes left in the half, it's not hard to figure out. Think about that.....4 fucking passing yards. That's impossible but it's true. It's a level of QB futility we've rarely seen (although we've seen it twice under Garrett).

Here's how unbelievable it really is:

Any one of us on this forum could be taught to take a snap and throw to the receiver in a bubble screen play. Do that literally every play, even against the 1985 Bears, and you'll have more than 4 yards passing on your first drive. Likely, on your first play or two. That is how inept our offense really is right now in the passing game. Garrett & crew can only seemingly outsmart themselves.

Top Bottom