bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Lazy fucker. If I can spend three minutes starting a game thread, you can devote hours and hours to a thoughtful capsulization of game action.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Consider this too - the Cowboys have the leading rusher in the NFL (Zeke is tied for 1st in yards gained), and yet the overall offensive ranking for the Cowboys offense is 31st. How is that even possible to do? It may very well have happened before, but I can't recall any.

Anything is possible when you have a great leader of men

jason-garrett-101315-getty-ftrjpg_cg8q45lddppm19d4w7gqjmp09.jpg

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Consider this too - the Cowboys have the leading rusher in the NFL (Zeke is tied for 1st in yards gained), and yet the overall offensive ranking for the Cowboys offense is 31st. How is that even possible to do? It may very well have happened before, but I can't recall any.

I cant think of a team for sure this has happened to. My only guess where it might be close is those Bears teams around 77 and 78. When Walter Payton was the HOF RB and Bob Avellini was their incompetent QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The 1989 Cowboys were better offensively than this team. That was painful to watch.

The sad thing is the 1989 Cowboys only had a few decent players on it.

The 2018 Cowboys have more talent, and the results are worse.

Reaction score
Many of which though were Landry holdovers who wound up staying and getting SB rings.

Guys like Bill Bates, whom I was really glad to see get a ring. I recall him making the game winning interception of Jim Harbaugh to preserve the playoff win over Chicago before the dynasty got going. That was our first playoff victory since the 1982 strike season if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom