Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Or.....

We ALL can see what Garrett is building here and are patiently waiting the second coming of Jimmy Johnson and the 92-93 Cowboys

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
so let me ask you guys this....because I am new here and I dont know how everyone here deals with stuff.

So does a loss ruin you for awhile? For me, my night is ruined. My Monday is ruined, and pretty much Tuesday is ruined as well. By Tues night or Weds morning I get back to normal.

Nope because every loss makes Jerry look like more of an asshole and less of a football guy. His money cant buy him being a football guy in the eyes of actual football guys.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A new QB wont make any difference until they clean house of this abortion of a HC and staff.

Maybe not but nothing matters until you get a franchise QB. And that could take years to find and develop. We'll see Rush and White in the meantime.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
so let me ask you guys this....because I am new here and I dont know how everyone here deals with stuff.

So does a loss ruin you for awhile? For me, my night is ruined. My Monday is ruined, and pretty much Tuesday is ruined as well. By Tues night or Weds morning I get back to normal.
After 23 years of being spoon fed this crap by the Joneses I'm pretty much desensitized by it all. I've gone beyond angry, to the point where I just don't care much anymore. The Joneses aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so it's pointless losing your shit about it. Which, ironically, is how Jerry and Spawn want it to be. It suits them that we don't care anymore.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Not anymore. Maybe 20 or so years ago when I still had hope but not now. This team has been hijacked by the Jones family. I also know each loss is one step closer to getting rid of Garrett and finding a true franchise QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe not but nothing matters until you get a franchise QB. And that could take years to find and develop. We'll see Rush and White in the meantime.

Hell if Garrett stays and we draft draft a QB #1, how would we ever know he's a franchise QB or not? Garrett would find a way to ruin Troy Aikman circa 1989.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hell if Garrett stays and we draft draft a QB #1, how would we ever know he's a franchise QB or not? Garrett would find a way to ruin Troy Aikman circa 1989.

I am now convinced that Garrett could have ruined Aikman

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The sad part is we could go 1-15 and end up with the #1 overall pick and there still doesn’t seem to be a QB in this upcoming draft that could be the next franchise QB that would solve our problems

Right. The time to do it was when we were gifted a top 5 pick and still had a (partially) functional QB. Those picks need to be used to plan for a franchise QB, especially when your current franchise is older and brittle. Poor planning by our GM, HC and personnel folks but that's why they suck.

Either way though, now you're stuck and have to pick one up and take yiour chances.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sean Lee injured his... you guessed it... hamstring, and did not return.

LVE was one of the few bright spots IMO. This kid looks like a player.

Honestly if they were smart they'd try to trade Lee before the deadline and start stockpiling picks for 2019.

But we know they arnt smart.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Garrett and Dak both need to go. This level of futility is on both the coaching staff and the QB.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just dont see how we can blame the staff for him not being accurate.

Agreed
Towards the end of the half he scrambles out of pressure to step up in the pocket and throws between 2 receivers where neither has a chance for it
The only throw I liked was when he was backing up and strong armed it with the rush in his face
Not enough RPO
Can't pay this guy to handcuff the rest of the roster
Having said that let me me be the first to welcome Earl Thomas to the Cowboys...thank you for showing us what we don't have...he's on our sideline in this game and that's 2 INTs they don't get b/c no way in hell our safeties even come close to picking off those balls...trade coming this week with Jerry coming on Monday morning "my team, my rules, we trade for ET"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LVE was one of the few bright spots IMO. This kid looks like a player.

Honestly if they were smart they'd try to trade Lee before the deadline and start stockpiling picks for 2019.

But we know they arnt smart.

LVE is good sideline to sideline but he has trouble diagnosing the play so he'll make a tackle 4 yards downfield on runs between the tackles. He's a work in progress and I haven't seen (yet) what all the hype was about. He was hyped as the next Urlacher.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Can we stand anybody up and stop them with a tackle or do we just ride the runner for a few yards before he goes down?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

33a2d92a95ee8f61c105b3c7c9a71c87.png

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
why not go for 2 there?

Thought the same thing and texted my buddy that going for 2 makes it a 10pt game but going for 2 and missing or kicking an extra point keeps it a 2 TD game
You can thank our brilliant coaching staff for that inspired decision...

Top Bottom