Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cleveland announces they gonna cut Josh Gordon, and at least 8 teams scream, "nooooo, let us trade for him!"

Just for future reference for those who still fantasize that there was ever a "Dez sweepstakes." There never was, it never existed regardless of how hard the sports shows tried to make it so.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not only was there never a Dez sweepstakes, there is apparently no Dez interest either

Clearly

2 teams kicked the tires on Dez and determined that his tread was nearly worn out and decided to pass on him

I’ll be the first to admit that I would have never guessed in a million years that he would still be unsigned by week 3 of the season. I fully expected some team to suffer an injury in preseason or weeks 1/2 and call him in to at least fill a roster spot. I figured some team would be desperate enough to sign him by now.

But nope, no such luck for Dez

So should we place bets on what week he announces his retirement this season?

Or is he just going to fade off into the sunset never to be heard from again

Reaction score
Not only was there never a Dez sweepstakes, there is apparently no Dez interest either

Clearly

2 teams kicked the tires on Dez and determined that his tread was nearly worn out and decided to pass on him

I’ll be the first to admit that I would have never guessed in a million years that he would still be unsigned by week 3 of the season. I fully expected some team to suffer an injury in preseason or weeks 1/2 and call him in to at least fill a roster spot. I figured some team would be desperate enough to sign him by now.

But nope, no such luck for Dez

So should we place bets on what week he announces his retirement this season?

Or is he just going to fade off into the sunset never to be heard from again

There's always the CFL option.

Top Bottom