NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Eh, couldnt the ratings drop also have to do with the product on the field? The fact that there are like 5 or 6 really good QBs in the league, and most of the good ones are getting ready to go on Social Security? Or the O Line play is abysmal and seem to get worse every year? Or the new millennial audience that NFL desperately needs have the attention span of a gnat and can only sit still and watch for like 15 minutes at a time? Just sayin.

The NFL wont die any time soon but the anthem stuff has driven away some lifers and the younger crowd cant sit and watch a game. For them its like background noise while they do other stuff. The decline should be steady but it will take years to kill it completely.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, couldnt the ratings drop also have to do with the product on the field? The fact that there are like 5 or 6 really good QBs in the league, and most of the good ones are getting ready to go on Social Security? Or the O Line play is abysmal and seem to get worse every year? Or the new millennial audience that NFL desperately needs have the attention span of a gnat and can only sit still and watch for like 15 minutes at a time? Just sayin.

Sure all those things play a role in the declining viewership. So that begs the question....why make matters worse? We've been at war for years. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle your on. Why insult the flag, the country and the men and women who sacrificed? Even if you claim that's not your intent, once you realize the perception you're giving, change your actions and tactics. It rings pretty hollow when you say that you're not disrespecting the flag but tens of millions of people are telling you that's exactly how they see it. Quite frankly, I don't believe these people and I don't buy their reasoning. And now Nike comes along with this bullshit and throwing fuel into the fire? How can millionaires talk of sacrifice when families and friends have buried their loved ones? It's just outrageous. Fuck the NFL, Nike, Kap and the rest of these idiots.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NFL has Kap & his BS PC anthem kneeling to thank. Do they really think that the majority of America is anti anthem anti America? I haven't seen an NFL game since last November when I canceled my cable subscription with Direct TV & the NFL package as well. I just follow the Giants on our fan based web page & check out the highlights on youtube. Sorry, I didn't serve as an infantry Marine 8yrs & do back to back combat tours in Iraq & the Stan & watch 16 brother Marines KIA including 8 die due to one of our own planes dropping a bomb on them to come back to this mickey mouse PC shit. The anthem/flag have absolutely zero to do with issues with law enforcement or "oppression" Take that shit to the front of police precincts & do it during the off season.

Semper fi 2/8

Amen. This issue transcends fandom. It's bad for the league and it's bad for the game. But, to me, the genie has been let out of the bottle. They could have fixed this when it reared it's ugly head but they didn't.

Lastly, the CBA will be the final nail in the NFL's coffin. They'll spend time arguing over these issues that damage the image of the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's an ugly lockout or strike. I welcome it and hope the NFL goes the way of baseball.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Why insult the flag, the country and the men and women who sacrificed? Even if you claim that's not your intent, once you realize the perception you're giving, change your actions and tactics.

And that's from the same crowd that is "all in" on being ultra sensitive and claims we all must recognize that we need to cater to anyone or any group that might just happen to maybe find something offensive. So if 2% of the Indian population is offended by the term Redskin we must honor their wishes and remove all references to Indians as Redskins for example.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And that's from the same crowd that is "all in" on being ultra sensitive and claims we all must recognize that we need to cater to anyone or any group that might just happen to maybe find something offensive. So if 2% of the Indian population is offended by the term Redskin we must honor their wishes and remove all references to Indians as Redskins for example.

Good point. Those folks will only agree with you when you agree with their opinions. Fuck them.....

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Good point. Those folks will only agree with you when you agree with their opinions. Fuck them.....

Right. All for tolerance, as long as its tolerance for some things but not all things. Its a system of contradictions, inconsistencies and anything illogical. Sadly its spilled over into the world of sports with networks and individual fools like Lebron and Serena.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Amen. This issue transcends fandom. It's bad for the league and it's bad for the game. But, to me, the genie has been let out of the bottle. They could have fixed this when it reared it's ugly head but they didn't.

Lastly, the CBA will be the final nail in the NFL's coffin. They'll spend time arguing over these issues that damage the image of the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's an ugly lockout or strike. I welcome it and hope the NFL goes the way of baseball.

I agree 100%.
The new CBA will be the millionaires(players) vs billioaires (owners). As you say, Dodg, there will be a lot of back and forth about stuff that matters only in the abstract. Of course both sides will say these are real issues that must be solved.
It will be ugly and it's very likely a walkout or lockout will take place. There's a fuck ton of money involved., so it will be deadly serious.
One more thing that will definitely muddy the waters; there are two new leagues getting ready to start up. While the list of failed competition for the NFL is full of failures, the AAFL is well funded and well planned, and MacMahon seems to have learned from the earlier XFL experience.
Do I think the NFL will crash and burn? I don't know.
I am sure, however, that this league is at a tipping point, right now.
Man, I just want to watch my Cowboys and see this game I love played at a high level by real pros.
I really dislike it when I hear someone tells someone else to stay in their lane. This the USA, say what you want. But know you aren't saying it in a vacuum, and that freedom comes.with responsibility, period.
Ok, I'm done, for now.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I for one hope the owner of the Redskins never succumbs to the BS PC whining about racism & always keeps their name. It's only the left that in recent yrs started this BS. How long have they been known as the Redskins & there was not one peep about the name being "offensive" until the Obama era. Then everything became "offensive" from the rebel flag & confederate statues to the Dukes of Hazzard being called racist & banned from TV reruns. I have never heard of any American Indian group protest any sports teams with Indian mascots or insignias prior to the last few yrs. when the soy drinking, man bun wearing, gender confused, illegal alien loving, Muslim loving, anti 2A/anti anthem crowd started the outcry. Our military has given American Indian names to many of our helicopters, missiles & operations dating back to WWII, no outcry from the very people they were named after. From 08'-16', this country's nutsack shriveled up & many people in this nation became easily offended whiny PC bitches Fortunately, the majority of the nation had enough of Barry's CHANGE & said no more!

Last edited:

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I for one hope the owner of the Redskins never succumbs to the BS PC whining about racism & always keeps their name. It's only the left that in recent yrs started this BS. How long have they been known as the Redskins & there was not one peep about the name being "offensive" until the Obama era. Then everything became "offensive" from the rebel flag & confederate statues to the Dukes of Hazzard being called racist & banned from TV reruns. I have never heard of any American Indian group protest any sports teams with Indian mascots or insignias prior to the last few yrs. when the soy drinking, man bun wearing, gender confused, illegal alien loving, Muslim loving, anti 2A/anti anthem crowd started the outcry. Our military has given American Indian names to many of our helicopters, missiles & operations dating back to WWII, no outcry from the very people they were named after. From 08'-16', this country's nutsack shriveled up & many people in this nation of easily offended whiny PC bitches Fortunately, the majority of the nation had enough of Barry's CHANGE & said no more!

I must admit, for a Giants fan you're ok!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I must admit, for a Giants fan you're ok!
Personally I've never been one to bash on the Giants or their fans. For without old Wellington Mara helping defeat the Redskins owner's attempt to stop the franchise licensing, then allowing Tex to interview Landry while he was still under contract, then letting Tom leave for dallas... There would have been no Dallas Cowboys and no Tom Landry as its head coach.

So, I always hold the Giants and their fans as original NFL family. Don't mind them winning it all if we can't.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Personally I've never been one to bash on the Giants or their fans. For without old Wellington Mara helping defeat the Redskins owner's attempt to stop the franchise licensing, then allowing Tex to interview Landry while he was still under contract, then letting Tom leave for dallas... There would have been no Dallas Cowboys and no Tom Landry as its head coach.

So, I always hold the Giants and their fans as original NFL family. Don't mind them winning it all if we can't.

And dont forget, the Parcells LT Giants kept Joe Gibbs and the Hogs in check otherwise it would have been more miserable with all those Foreskin fans in the 80's. Ive never hated the Giants like I do the Skins and the Eagles. But Im around a lotta Giants fans now and most are typical obnoxious NYers so there is that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But Im around a lotta Giants fans now and most are typical obnoxious NYers so there is that.
Yeah I mean, they never booed Santa Claus or pelted our players with frozen oranges. Plus our players never went up in the stands at the Giants' place, to stomp some asses like they had to do in Philly.

Giants fans really no more obnoxious than ours are at the stadium on game day.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah I mean, they never booed Santa Claus or pelted our players with frozen oranges. Plus our players never went up in the stands at the Giants' place, to stomp some asses like they had to do in Philly.

Giants fans really no more obnoxious than ours are at the stadium on game day.

Probably true on game day at the stadiums. During the week they're still NYer's.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Well I'm a native of Brooklyn, NY but once I left to join the corps, I never went back due to realizing that it costs way too much to live there, traffic sucks, I don't enjoy sub zero temps nor Blizzards, NYC is way too liberal/democratic for my tastes, I'm a republican. They are anti 2A, pro illegals, the POS Gov is so desperate for votes that he has signed a bill allowing felons to vote in NYC cuz we all know which way they're gonna vote in Nov. I still have fam/friends in NYC but haven't visited since 2010. I refuse to go into any state that doesn't respect my God given right to carry. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Top Bottom