DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Checked some of the Week 1 Power rankings. The Cowboys were ranked 22, 25, 25 and 22 at the ones I saw. So on a positive note the Cowboys are in the UPPER HALF of the lower third of the NFL.

Blueoxen22

Spectator
Reaction score
My 5

1) Offensive play calling is predictable and 1985ish. The good Panthers d-line pushed the pocket and got pressure all day. What did Garrett and his shit show coordinator Linehan adjust to? Draws? Nope. Screens? Maybe 1. Planned rollouts by Dak to move the pocket and allow Dak to run if nobody open? Of course not. Quick slants to keep Kuechly honest for a couple more seconds? No.

2) Missed tackles. Result of no preseason snaps? Who knows? (I wouldn't have let starters play much either in preseason)

3) Defense was solid. Held Carolina to 18 points, but of course it took a whole half to adjust to Cam keeping the ball on the RPO. Don't other teams address that in huddles on the sideline after each possession? I've seen good teams get together on the sidelines. Ever hear of a "spy" on the QB? Not this staff.

4) Tight ends aren't good enough at anything to keep Rico Gathers off the field. He can't block? Show me who did. Give him some snaps to see if 1 big play happens. Could have made a difference in close games like this.

5) Teams will be stacking the box all year to make Dak make throws to win. Did he even throw the ball deep once? I thought Tavon Austin was signed to open up the field for Beasley and Gallup. No bubble screens to him and no go routes by him. Even if it's incomplete, it makes the DB's think they might. On 3rd and 15 why not throw deep to get a pass interference call or let the receiver make a play instead of 8 yard crossing patterns that result in a punt even if they work.

Going to be a LONG SEASON. I actually hope they continue to lose if it means Garrett and Linehan are fired. I also think the loser of this weeks game with the GIANTS finishes last in the division.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My 5

Don't other teams address that in huddles on the sideline after each possession? I've seen good teams get together on the sidelines. Ever hear of a "spy" on the QB? Not this staff.

I agree. I do think that the defense overall did their job but they should've had one guy spy on Cam. 39 of the Panthers 61 offensive plays Cam Newton either threw the ball or he ran with it. Thats around 65%.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Garrett is by far the biggest problem.

Him and his coaching staff need to go, save Kris Richard.

I would love to see Richard get a shot at this.
I see attitude and passion.
Wholeheartedly agree that Garrett and this FO is the problem as they believe Dak to be the kind of guy that elevates the personnel around him and that is just not true...he needs talent to make it work instead of relying on #2 and #3 WRs to be elevated to #1s

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you guys listen to the dallascowboys.com talk shows and I always go hoping to get some objective opinions but I'm resolved to the fact that it's just a puppet show (much like our coaching staff).
Mickey Spagnola has his mouth so far around Jerry's cock his observations are laughable (such as him being in agreement to go for it on 4th and 10 with his poignant point being...well the Cowboys barely made it this far on the field) when everyone knows you punt with 3 TOs and the 2 minute warning and a D playing well and the Panthers likely to go conservative to chew clock and TOs
Nate Newton might be entertaining but man his drinking serious Kool Aid
I'm waiting for someone to shout the truth about this coaching staff and FO and they all know Garrett should have been fired 3yrs ago...this just can't continue and can't remember a year I have my emotions strung out thinking where we may be heading because I just don't trust this staff to figure anything out

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
On the topic of Sean Lee

I can’t ever remember a game where he only had one single tackle

I’m wondering if he is possibly injured. Because he typically leads the team in tackles each game or is at least around the ball on nearly every play

jerrytotin

Spectator
Reaction score
On the topic of Sean Lee

I’m wondering if he is possibly injured. Because he typically leads the team in tackles each game or is at least around the ball on nearly every play

Or he was just off. I think everyone is just overreacting overall like they do every year after ONE game. They made mistakes, they sucked yes yes I get it. But cmonnnnnnnn! Keep the faith lol

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Or he was just off. I think everyone is just overreacting overall like they do every year after ONE game. They made mistakes, they sucked yes yes I get it. But cmonnnnnnnn! Keep the faith lol

totinjerrysballz

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Or he (Lee) was just off.
I think they were going off last year's "book" on Carolina, that if everyone will remember was sans the read-option and the run-pass option we saw them do on us Sunday. I think Norv Turner brought all that stuff back for Newton, and merely plans on using it more intelligently than it was before it was abandoned. This would explain why we (Lee included) were getting toasted by it the entire first half.

If so this can be kind of excused, for about three possessions. Not for an entire half though. Again it's seen we can't adjust on the fly to conditions we weren't expecting.

Reaction score

One game... yeah, right. It has been 23 years.

Take your mouth off Jerry's balls.

jerrytotin

Spectator
Reaction score
One game... yeah, right. It has been 23 years.

Take your mouth off Jerry's balls.

I guess I’ll never understand how the “fans” here are actually Dallas cowboys fans. All anyone ever does is talk shit about the cowboys. It’s like listening to the guys on 105.3 the fan, all they do is talk shit too. It’s so stupid. This forum confuses me. Everyone is some fucking cowboys/football expert and they know what the cowboys need to do and how to do it and blah blah blah. I guess being on this forum it’s just gonna have to be something I get used to, or I just won’t be a part of it anymore.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It’s so stupid. This forum confuses me. Everyone is some fucking cowboys/football expert and they know what the cowboys need to do and how to do it and blah blah blah. I guess being on this forum it’s just gonna have to be something I get used to, or I just won’t be a part of it anymore.
The homer got stomped out of most of us over the last 23 years. We need to see some real change before we feel remotely optimistic again because this year has the makings of another steaming pile. Pom pom waving wont numb the pain and for the most part is laughed off around here but if you think it is negative now, you probably havent seen anything yet.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the topic of Sean Lee

Sean Lee and Tyrone Smith both had less than stellar games. I actually think Smith is a bigger issue. LT's are found at the top of the draft and having to find a critical skill position, in addition to (possibly) QB, will be a tough challenge for this team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess I’ll never understand how the “fans” here are actually Dallas cowboys fans. All anyone ever does is talk shit about the cowboys. It’s like listening to the guys on 105.3 the fan, all they do is talk shit too. It’s so stupid. This forum confuses me. Everyone is some fucking cowboys/football expert and they know what the cowboys need to do and how to do it and blah blah blah. I guess being on this forum it’s just gonna have to be something I get used to, or I just won’t be a part of it anymore.

Remember what I said. Locker room. Sports bar. Razzing gonna happen. Don't take it to heart. Give back as good as you get. Hell, better.

At one if the big Cowboys forums the beer thread ameobas call this site "Alcatraz." I like that. A remote archaic place full of the baddest of the bad.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If you got used to this quality of football and defend it, than you can easily get used to this board. Accepting what is on the field now and over the past 8 years (let alone 23 years) should be unacceptable. I guess my question is how can you be so accepting of that and be so critical of this board? That's what I don't understand. Jerry loves you. The sucker fan that thinks Jerry's awesome and the team is beyond critical critique; he's the heart and soul of the Cowboys. Relevancy is acceptable.

If you want to stay and chat, you're welcome to do so. Just back up your opinions. If not and all you want to do is bitch about the board and can't get used to it, then go ahead and leave. It's your choice.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If you got used to this quality of football and defend it, than you can easily get used to this board. Accepting what is on the field now and over the past 8 years (let alone 23 years) should be unacceptable. I guess my question is how can you be so accepting of that and be so critical of this board? That's what I don't understand. Jerry loves you. The sucker fan that thinks Jerry's awesome and the team is beyond critical critique; he's the heart and soul of the Cowboys. Relevancy is acceptable.

If you want to stay and chat, you're welcome to do so. Just back up your opinions. If not and all you want to do is bitch about the board and can't get used to it, then go ahead and leave. It's your choice.

Excellant point & question!

perhaps its Cognitive Dissonance?

Instead of being mad/offended/etc at other cowboy fans who aren't living up to their definition of a "fan" (but want the same thing, thus why so critical of jeri & spawn), we all should be in solidarity with outrage at jeri for his horrific handling of the football team since he ran Jimmy off

He should be broke selling such a shitty product for 24+ years but the fan's irrational devotion has made him a billionaire (not his so called "genius"). Hell, I'm the biggest jeri hater around and yet I was guilty of it for years, still am to some degree or else I wouldn't post here, watch the games, etc.

If we had any sense as fans, the stadium would be empty, merch sales in the dumpster, viewer & listener-ship of anything Cowboy related would be almost nil but instead, like blind little sheep, the cowboys fans keep showing up year in and out beleiving something is actually going to change with these buffoons in charge:

40lZJN8.jpg

totinjerry, try to stick around and have fun with the place and not take anything personal, the angst is squarely directed at the organization, not personal toward you (but you will get push back if you cant back up any wild assertions) and if you can make a good counterpoint, you won't get any slack. I assure you everyone here wants the same thing you want as a fan, we're just disgusted with the BS that's gone on for far too long and speaking for myself, I'm at the end of my rope with the jones clan so shitting on those assholes every chance I get is about all I have left as a fan.

And if you're wondering why i don't just stop being a fan, its because I'm an idiot, hopelessly addicted to something that brought me so much joy for the first 30 years of my life but by all accounts is dead and gone and likely never to be resurrected

And thus why no one can ever accurately claim I'm not a so called "real" Cowboy fan(atic)

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you guys listen to the dallascowboys.com talk shows and I always go hoping to get some objective opinions but I'm resolved to the fact that it's just a puppet show (much like our coaching staff).
Mickey Spagnola has his mouth so far around Jerry's cock his observations are laughable (such as him being in agreement to go for it on 4th and 10 with his poignant point being...well the Cowboys barely made it this far on the field) when everyone knows you punt with 3 TOs and the 2 minute warning and a D playing well and the Panthers likely to go conservative to chew clock and TOs
Nate Newton might be entertaining but man his drinking serious Kool Aid
I'm waiting for someone to shout the truth about this coaching staff and FO and they all know Garrett should have been fired 3yrs ago...this just can't continue and can't remember a year I have my emotions strung out thinking where we may be heading because I just don't trust this staff to figure anything out

I'm always skeptical about how critical these 'in house' productions are allowed to be. But Eagleton, Eatman, Helman and Garcia were obviously steaming mad about many aspects of the Cowboys' performance on The Break. It was refreshing to hear.

On Talkin' Cowboys, I feel Spagnola and Broaddus are sometimes downright condescending to any callers that dare criticize the team. Broaddus accuses people of "picking low hanging fruit". And Spagnola's stock response is "well it worked in 2016 and the first half of 2017". Well it's not working now Mickey. This team has been sussed out, again, and something has got to change.

Top Bottom