Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The far bigger issue is still the fucking pathetic coaching.

I don't think we have the worst starting QB in the league. I am pretty sure we dont have the least talented offensive team in the league.

But I KNOW FOR A AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING FACT GARRETT IS THE WORST HEAD COACH IN FOOTBALL.

I agree dbair. But we need a better QB just like we need a better HC. They are not mutually exclusive and I don't excuse the short comings of the one (Dak) because the HC is a fraud. That doesn't excuse some of the poor throws we've seen. We should get better in all areas.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm picking Dallas next week. Fuck all you negative nancies.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree dbair. But we need a better QB just like we need a better HC. They are not mutually exclusive and I don't excuse the short comings of the one (Dak) because the HC is a fraud. That doesn't excuse some of the poor throws we've seen. We should get better in all areas.

Not disputing that if Prescott is going to play like yesterday, he most likely isn't the answer.

But I do think quality coaching would make a HUGE difference. The blocking is bad. The blocking scheme is bad. The passing system is bad. All these things contribute to a QB's success. Its far too easy to figure out what play is coming by the formation or some of the simple use of motion they do. If I can figure it out, I know for damn sure that people that get paid to study this stuff can easily figure it out.

He was too good as a rookie to look this bad today.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
wow. do the Jets really have that much more offensive talent than Dallas? sad if true.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Eli plays like Stafford we have a chance

If our season tanks, Prescott struggles here and Stafford struggles up there, don't be surprised if Jones doesn't sell the farm to acquire Stafford.

Linehan coached him and in one of those yrs Stafford had over 5000 yds and 41 tds. I'm sure him and Garrett would believe he could save both their asses.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
wow. do the Jets really have that much more offensive talent than Dallas? sad if true.

They now have 48 pts and over 300 yds total offense. I guess 34 of those pts are offensive, but still.

And still have the 4th quarter to go.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If our season tanks, Prescott struggles here and Stafford struggles up there, don't be surprised if Jones doesn't sell the farm to acquire Stafford.

Linehan coached him and in one of those yrs Stafford had over 5000 yds and 41 tds. I'm sure him and Garrett would believe he could save both their asses.

Stafford in Dallas might not look much better than Dak.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
48-17 in the Jets game and it’s barely the end of the 3rd quarter.

Darnold might have started his career with a pick six but he certainly turned things around and is already looking better than Dak who is in his third year

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Certainly not with the Red Plague leading the way

Adam Schefter said today that Jerry has high expectations for this year and a run in the playoffs. If that doesnt happen its likely the Clapper is gone. Lets hope he's right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Darnold might have started his career with a pick six but he certainly turned things around and is already looking better than Dak who is in his third year

So glad the Giants passed on him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not disputing that if Prescott is going to play like yesterday, he most likely isn't the answer.

But I do think quality coaching would make a HUGE difference. The blocking is bad. The blocking scheme is bad. The passing system is bad. All these things contribute to a QB's success. Its far too easy to figure out what play is coming by the formation or some of the simple use of motion they do. If I can figure it out, I know for damn sure that people that get paid to study this stuff can easily figure it out.

He was too good as a rookie to look this bad today.

If we go back and look, you'll find other QB's who started off strong or had good seasons but they were a fluke. By the same token, Aikman wasn't as bad as his rookie year and was better than a 1 win QB. It happens.

A good HC can hide Dak's flaws and maybe get the team to 8 and 8 or 10 and 6. Parcells did it with QC. But that's not a long term answer. A bus driver will only take you so far.

And I'll also say this about Dak and his first season. Mentally, he had nothing to lose. He could take chances because he was either going to lose his starting job when Romo got healthy or those chances could pay off and let him keep his job against all odds. By the same token, when the season is almost lost or Dak thinks he's losing his grip on the job in Dallas, he'll do just that....throw down field and take chances. Right now, he's happy being the bus driver and letting Zeke carry the team. If they win more than they lose, he gets a huge pay day but that just doesn't cut it for a franchise QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Darnold doesn't have Red Boob

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter said today that Jerry has high expectations for this year and a run in the playoffs. If that doesnt happen its likely the Clapper is gone. Lets hope he's right.

Yeah and Campo warming up in the bullpen. Long as Jerry is around we ll be talking draft every October.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm a realist.

good to see you join the community

in other news, that Marshawn Lynch TD was hilarious, especially watching that defender with his arms firming wrapped around Lynches ankles only to be carried along with the rest of the pile right into the end zone

Top Bottom