Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's quite likely Dallas can start off 3-1 this year and people will mistakenly think this team is on a roll. But that's what these Cowboys do. They beat sub par teams and lose to good ones. That is typical of 8-8 teams.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But that's what these Cowboys do. They beat sub par teams and lose to good ones. That is typical of 8-8 teams.
That's mediocrity defined, buddy. We're somewhere in the middle of the pack of the 20 or so teams in this league who can finish 3-13, 13-3, or 7-9 or 8-8 in any given year. That's what this league actually IS. Outside of course, the 4 or 5 annually good teams it has, and the 4 or 5 annually really bad ones it has.

We're mediocre and have been since 1997.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If the Cowboys trend continues we go 7-9 to 9-7 going by the schedule and depending on how they do in the last two games. That's what I see in the schedule. I hope I'm wrong.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's quite likely Dallas can start off 3-1 this year and people will mistakenly think this team is on a roll. But that's what these Cowboys do.
I wont. Last night when Giants DE crashed to far inside and Dak took off in the hole the DE created, I had Tim Tebow visions. Then I looked at the stat sheet and knew I was right. I betcha that hole disapears real quick in about a week or so. Then what?

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wont. Last night when Giants DE crashed to far inside and Dak took off in the hole the DE created, I had Tim Tebow visions. Then I looked at the stat sheet and knew I was right. I betcha that hole disapears real quick in about a week or so. Then what?

I hate that play and it's going to eventually get him injured. This isn't college. But you're right. Forget a week or two, it disappeared late in that game but Dak dodged the DE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I get the injury concern, and you're right opponents will make an adjustment to account for Dak keeping those and getting outside for good gains.

But that's ok. As long as teams KNOW there's the threat of him doing it, teams cant use DE's and OLB's to crash down inside on Zeke and we'll get a blocking advantage. More holes for Zeke.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They won't get away with this gimmicky RPO offense forever. You don't get to the SB with running QBs, but rather pocket passers who stand tall against the rush. And each fake puts Dak in harm's way. Jaylon almost killed Eli last night. The same fate awaits Dak if he keeps this up.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They won't get away with this gimmicky RPO offense forever. You don't get to the SB with running QBs, but rather pocket passers who stand tall against the rush. And each fake puts Dak in harm's way. Jaylon almost killed Eli last night. The same fate awaits Dak if he keeps this up.

Jaylon was too soft on him IMO. Don't get me wrong, it was a hard hit, but I think he should have hit him much harder even if it draws a penalty. Send a message to stay behind the LOS.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jaylon was too soft on him IMO. Don't get me wrong, it was a hard hit, but I think he should have hit him much harder even if it draws a penalty. Send a message to stay behind the LOS.

NOOOOOOO, we don't want the fucking bonehead penalty! Period. Smith showed intelligent restraint. And the message was delivered clearly.

We have enough fucking idiotic penalties.

Top Bottom