Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm a newbie also, and pretty hardcore DC fan. Sooo, my prediction is 10-6, we make the Playoffs, and lose AGAIN in the 1st round... BUT the good news is that Garrett gets fired! Let the Flaming begin, LOL....
Welcome to :theu

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Welcome newbies. If u like a non BS forum this is it. No threads here comparing the Red Carrot to Coach Landry or stating the Cowboys are like the Patriots because Dan Bailey is gone.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Welcome newbies. You guys got here just in time for the season.
We're a bunch of hard core Cowboys fans here, but we ain't big Kool-Aid drinkers. Please post away. If you read some of the old threads you'lol see what I mean.
IMO, lots of football and Cowboy knowledge here.

Anyway, I keep thinking somewhere in the 7 to 9 win area, and we've seen if we get the injury bug, we could be bad, really bad.

So put me down for 10-6 cause I've lost my fuckin mind.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
10-6

We went 9-7 last year despite Zeke missing six games and Sean Lee missing some as well. Now we have reinforcements at LB and Zeke for the whole year. Assuming Frederick plays eight or more games and we're not slaughtered by injuries, 10-6 is within reach.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Thanks guys for everything. Including the Dupree avatar. I am going to be putting up a pic of the pup when I find it on this computer. My last cocker spaniel was named Dallas...and this one is, obviously, named Cowboy. Trust me, in my small hometown, it drives people nuts.:shrug

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
10-6

We went 9-7 last year despite Zeke missing six games and Sean Lee missing some as well. Now we have reinforcements at LB and Zeke for the whole year. Assuming Frederick plays eight or more games and we're not slaughtered by injuries, 10-6 is within reach.

BB bringing some heat on you Cabal-ers

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
10-6

I think we're in good capable hands with Looney at C.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think we're in good capable hands with Looney at C.

Agreed, so long as he's not snapping the ball over Dak's head. We plugged in big fat Derek Kennard in '95 and didn't miss a beat.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed, so long as he's not snapping the ball over Dak's head. We plugged in big fat Derek Kennard in '95 and didn't miss a beat.

Most people forget we actually used 3 centers during the 1993 Championship season too.

Stepnoski got hurt late in the yr and they went to Frank Cornish. IIRC he was awful, and they eventually replaced him with John Gesek (I think that was the first time Gesek ever played C in his life)

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
1 Sun, Sep 9.......@ Carolina ..........4:25 PM FOX. L
2 Sun, Sep 16.....vs New York.........8:20 PM NBC. W
3 Sun, Sep 23.....@Seattle..............4:25 PM FOX. L
4 Sun, Sep 30.....vsDetroit...............1:00 PM FOX. L Garrett vs rookie HC not a good for the pokies
5 Sun, Oct 7........@Houston............8:20 PM NBC. L
6 Sun, Oct 14......vsJacksonville......4:25 PM CBS. L
7 Sun, Oct 21......@Washington.......4:25 PM CBS. W
8 BYE WEEK .......................................................L
9 Mon, Nov 5.......vsTennessee........8:15 PM ESPN. L
10 Sun, Nov 11....@Philadelphia......8:20 PM NBC. L
11 Sun, Nov 18....@Atlanta..............1:00 PM FOX. L
12 Thu, Nov 22.....vsWashington......4:30 PM FOX. W
13 Thu, Nov 29....vsNew Orleans.....8:20 PM FOX/NFL. L
14 Sun, Dec 9......vsPhiladelphia......4:25 PM FOX. W
15 Sun, Dec 16....@Indianapolis......1:00 PM FOX. W
16 Sun, Dec 23.....vsTampa Bay.......1:00 PM FOX. W
17 Sun, Dec 30....@New York..........1:00 PM FOX. W

7-10 and as an extra gut punch to the Garrett "lovers", despite losing the bye week, Garrett keeps his job by winning 5 out of the last 6 games (including a meaningless game 16 vs the giants where the giants rest everyone and the cowboys play all starters for 4 quarters and eek out an ugly W by 3 points or less)

jeri in full pompom mode declares the cowboys super bowl champs if only they hadn't had the rough start to the season and blows all their cap room by re-signing the exact same team for 2019 to go for the "repeat" where they promptly shit the bed

. . - YouTube

Last edited:

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1 Sun, Sep 9.......@ Carolina ..........4:25 PM FOX. L
2 Sun, Sep 16.....vs New York.........8:20 PM NBC. W
3 Sun, Sep 23.....@Seattle..............4:25 PM FOX. L
4 Sun, Sep 30.....vsDetroit...............1:00 PM FOX. L Garrett vs rookie HC not a good for the pokies
5 Sun, Oct 7........@Houston............8:20 PM NBC. L
6 Sun, Oct 14......vsJacksonville......4:25 PM CBS. L
7 Sun, Oct 21......@Washington.......4:25 PM CBS. W
8 BYE WEEK .......................................................L
9 Mon, Nov 5.......vsTennessee........8:15 PM ESPN. L
10 Sun, Nov 11....@Philadelphia......8:20 PM NBC. L
11 Sun, Nov 18....@Atlanta..............1:00 PM FOX. L
12 Thu, Nov 22.....vsWashington......4:30 PM FOX. W
13 Thu, Nov 29....vsNew Orleans.....8:20 PM FOX/NFL. L
14 Sun, Dec 9......vsPhiladelphia......4:25 PM FOX. W
15 Sun, Dec 16....@Indianapolis......1:00 PM FOX. W
16 Sun, Dec 23.....vsTampa Bay.......1:00 PM FOX. W
17 Sun, Dec 30....@New York..........1:00 PM FOX. W

7-10 and as an extra gut punch to the Garrett "lovers", despite losing the bye week, Garrett keeps his job by winning 5 out of the last 6 games (including a meaningless game 16 vs the giants where the giants rest everyone and the cowboys play all starters for 4 quarters and eek out an ugly W by 3 points or less)

jeri in full pompom mode declares the cowboys super bowl champs if only they hadn't had the rough start to the season and blows all their cap room by re-signing the exact same team for 2019 to go for the "repeat" where they promptly shit the bed

. . - YouTube

Overly optimistic I see. :)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think the team should be good because of overall talent and a defense that finally might have something.

I do think Looney will be a problem. Some might laugh, but I don't like what I hear from him in interviews. Sounds to me like a guy happy to be there, happy to be a career backup making a nice check. Not sure how he'll do with a few weeks of wear and other teams accumulating tape on his weaknesses.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I do think Looney will be a problem. Some might laugh, but I don't like what I hear from him in interviews. Sounds to me like a guy happy to be there, happy to be a career backup making a nice check. Not sure how he'll do with a few weeks of wear and other teams accumulating tape on his weaknesses.
Well. We do know for sure that there was a reason Fred was the starter. Now we'll find out if it was just because he is the best center in football and Looney's just a notch below, or because Fred is the best center in football and Looney is a major dropoff. The mental aspect of the C game looms as large as the physical one.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
On second thought I never went as far as awarding a loss in the bye week. I respect and admire that, for now you are officially president.

Reaction score
I thought it was me. There are like 10 other people here that will claim this.

I'm definitely one of the scrooges, but it wasn't always like this for me. I nearly got into fights in junior high school during P.E. classes over Cowboys games and trash talk. Those were much more passionate, and fun times for me as a fan. That all got beat out of me some time in the past 20 years or so.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
On second thought I never went as far as awarding a loss in the bye week. I respect and admire that, for now you are officially president.

I bet he was wondering if anyone noticed that. I was waiting to see who would be first to point it out. It's a knee slapper and post of the Universe candidate!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought it was me. There are like 10 other people here that will claim this.

It does my heart good to know I'm not alone, now if only we had about a million+ more on our side that would boycott everything Cowboys until jeri and his spawn were forced to sell the team

I know, I know, quit dreamin'

giphy.gif

Top Bottom