dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
10-11 Wins
Defence is Top 10
Zeke leads nfl in ap yards

This is kind of my thought as well.

Need the really key guys to stay healthy and getting Fred back sooner rather than later would be huge, but I do think the defense and running game will carry the team to the postseason.

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Worst WR`s,TE's, and safties in the league maybe. Plus an offensive scheme and coaches that haven`t shown an ability to scheme anyone open. This is a disaster in the making. 5-11 this year.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Worst WR`s,TE's, and safties in the league maybe. Plus an offensive scheme and coaches that haven`t shown an ability to scheme anyone open. This is a disaster in the making. 5-11 this year.

Dont you worry. After they start 0-1 the GM will panic and offer Seattle two number ones for Earl Thomas. That'll fix everything.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not doing the overly optimistic prediction this year. I want to say 5-11 but I will ride or die with 6-10. They won't even remotely look like playoff contenders.

The Cowboys cut Bailey so make it 5-11 lol.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Cowboys cut Bailey so make it 5-11 lol.

You may not be far off

We have gone from Bailey who was the most accurate kicker in the NFL at the start of last season to a kicker from the CFL who couldn’t make it in the NFL until Jeruh decided to give him a shot

The only thing I see as a positive in this situation is that maybe Garrett will go for the TD or go for it on fourth more often instead of going for the easy 3 points or the extra point since the making of the FG will no longer be automatic

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only thing I see as a positive in this situation is that maybe Garrett will go for the TD or go for it on fourth more often instead of going for the easy 3 points or the extra point since the making of the FG will no longer be automatic
Orrrrrrr as the thinking appears to be, we expect to kick MORE and Longer field goals, since Bailey's accuracy at 48 yds or greater was near zero. Most all of his career misses were from those distances. Maher appears to have a much stronger leg and his accuracy has been stellar in camp, while Bailey struggled with it in camp.

Add to this the fact that Bailey was going to cost 3.3 million each year for the next three, and we signed Maher for 480K.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I really want to say 9-7, but this is my first post and I don't want people saying "Oh God, another newbie that's a homer- just what we need".

So I will go 8-8. I think our run game will be fine and the defense will keep getting better and be very good by the 2nd half of the season. The guy I am really interested in seeing is Tavon Austin. I want Garrett to get creative and get this guy some touches every game. He will be good in the return game, but JG needs to get the ball in his hands on some reverses, quick screens etc. 8-8.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Welcome to :theu Dupree.

I remember the Cowboys radio announce team referring to him as "Billy Joe Debris" when he would leave would-be tacklers on the turf in his wake.

And, "homers" are okay as long as they're not the usual blind stupid homer. Your 9-7 idea doesn't show blind stupid homerism, it shows you're at least a realist homer.

My own prediction by the way is 11-5 and at least one playoff win this year.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Welcome to :theu Dupree.

I remember the Cowboys radio announce team referring to him as "Billy Joe Debris" when he would leave would-be tacklers on the turf in his wake.

Thank you. I loved when they would call an "end around" for him.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really want to say 9-7, but this is my first post and I don't want people saying "Oh God, another newbie that's a homer- just what we need".

So I will go 8-8. I think our run game will be fine and the defense will keep getting better and be very good by the 2nd half of the season. The guy I am really interested in seeing is Tavon Austin. I want Garrett to get creative and get this guy some touches every game. He will be good in the return game, but JG needs to get the ball in his hands on some reverses, quick screens etc. 8-8.

Welcome amigo!

New or old, you can say whatever you like around here as long as you can back it up with evidence, sound logic, etc.

Pom-poms wont do the trick so expect to get hazed if thats all you got

Reaction score

Welcome to the boards!

It's ok to be a homer. It's the crusaders, as I like to call them, that come here thinking they can take us on by waving the pom poms of cognitive dissonance about the reality of the team that don't last long here.

The other kind of homer that doesn't do well here is the "you are a piece of crap" if you don't blindly applaud everything the idiot owner does type of person. A lot of us are immune to the kool aide and we don't love Big Brother, but we still love the concept that was once known as the Dallas Cowboys.

MI Cowboy Fan

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm a newbie also, and pretty hardcore DC fan. Sooo, my prediction is 10-6, we make the Playoffs, and lose AGAIN in the 1st round... BUT the good news is that Garrett gets fired! Let the Flaming begin, LOL....

BTW, how do I change my Avatar?
Thanks

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a newbie also, and pretty hardcore DC fan. Sooo, my prediction is 10-6, we make the Playoffs, and lose AGAIN in the 1st round... BUT the good news is that Garrett gets fired! Let the Flaming begin, LOL....

BTW, how do I change my Avatar?
Thanks

click settings at the top of the page

settings.jpg

once youre on the settings page, on the left side panel, click edit avatar

editavatar.jpg

Top Bottom