Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok gents, what are your predictions for this coming season?

How many wins and losses do you think our Cowboys will have in 2018?

Will they make the playoffs?

Put your predictions down in stone and see who comes the closest at the end of the season

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ll go first

8-8

Its not like I’m going out on a limb here with this one but I’m saying 8-8. And that will be by the skin of our teeth in either game 15 or 16 by beating a team with nothing to play for. We will beat their scrubs just like we did for our glorious moral victory last season over the Eagles that put us over the top at 9-7 and fucked up our draft position.

Our WR are going to struggle
Our TE are going to struggle

The only good that will come out of this season is our Defense is going to be top 10 and Zeke is going to blow up and break 2k yards rushing. He may get close to 3k all purpose yards because he will be the only thing that Garrett can get to work on offense this season. So he is going to ride him into the ground and put him away wet.

We will miss the playoffs and Garrett will get fired

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You say this every year.

We shall see

He could have done it the first year if they hadn’t sat him the last game and a half

This season we will be in a win at all cost situation (to try to save Garrett’s job) by the end of the season so Garrett will have no reason to rest him in the last couple games

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This season we will be in a win at all cost situation (to try to save Garrett’s job) by the end of the season so Garrett will have no reason to rest him in the last couple games
When Garrett is in "must win" mode, running the ball is the LAST thing he thinks of.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When Garrett is in "must win" mode, running the ball is the LAST thing he thinks of.

True

But I think we (as well as Garrett) are all going to find out that running the ball will be the only thing that works at all this season

With the state of the WR/TE groups I think Dak will struggle and Zeke will be his only safety net when things get tuff

Beasley is going to have a similar year to last.
T Willy won’t step up in Dez’ absence. He will never be a #1
Hurns will be average
Gallop will hopefully show us some promise (but not enough to lead the team in anything)
Lenoir may not make the team
The rest of them are just seat fillers

For the TE’s none of them have shown any promise
Shultz hasn’t lived up to the hype and the entire group have two catches between them all

Zeke is the only player worth damn on offense besides the O-Line and even they are sketchy at the moment. Although I do think the o-line gets the kinks worked out early in the season one way or another.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Going by the schedule I'd say 7-9. We'll beat up on the lesser teams and lose to the better one's. I hope I'm wrong but that would be my best bet if I had to put money on it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Going by the schedule I'd say 7-9. We'll beat up on the lesser teams and lose to the better one's. I hope I'm wrong but that would be my best bet if I had to put money on it.

I was thinking 7-9 as well but then I figured we would be out of the playoffs and playing a team or two at the end of the year that will be resting their starters for the playoffs which will allow us to steal another meaningless game to bolster Garrett’s record. Just like we did vs the Eagles last year

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With the state of the WR/TE groups I think Dak will struggle and Zeke will be his only safety net when things get tuff

Beasley is going to have a similar year to last.
T Willy won’t step up in Dez’ absence. He will never be a #1
Hurns will be average
Gallop will hopefully show us some promise (but not enough to lead the team in anything)
Lenoir may not make the team
The rest of them are just seat fillers

For the TE’s none of them have shown any promise
Making it much LESS likely for Zeke to get 2000 yards rushing. Not more likely. Because teams will be able to load the box and keep only one deep safety, if what you're saying about the passing game comes to fruition.

Maybe you're not old enough to remember the Walker years?

Zeke is NEVER going to break 2000 yards rushing. Please just get that silly idea out of your head.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Zeke is NEVER going to break 2000 yards rushing. Please just get that silly idea out of your head.

He had a real chance had he played the final two games of 2016. He played sparingly vs Detroit and not at all vs Philly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He had a real chance
If the dog hadn't stopped to shit he had a real chance to catch that rabbit too.

It's nonsensical to believe you're going to have a 2000 yard rusher without a decent complementary passing game, in today's NFL. And that's what Scot is thinking can happen.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This season has the feel of a real shit show. My guess is the team reverts to what Garrett is, a .500 coach. I'm guessing 8 and 8 with no answers for the future, just more questions. The problem is that I'm not sure there are any true franchise QB's in the 2019 draft so going worse than 8 and 8 doesn't help us. We're fucked.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He had a real chance had he played the final two games of 2016. He played sparingly vs Detroit and not at all vs Philly.

He had an outside chance. He needed almost 400 yards in 2 games. Besides, our passing game in 2016 wasn't bad. I really don't know what to expect from it this year.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The starters are good. Not SuperBowl good, but pretty good. However....

We've all seen how bad the backups are. If anybody gets hurt, the whole season goes down the toilet. It all averages out to:

8-8.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not doing the overly optimistic prediction this year. I want to say 5-11 but I will ride or die with 6-10. They won't even remotely look like playoff contenders.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
8-8. If Garrett stays (I think he'd get fired), then I am straight up done with the Cowboys until they hire a real coach.

Top Bottom