Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We gon win da supa bow, bitches. You nattering nabobs of negativism.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
How can it when it lacks weapons, coaching, and a QB that can hit water from a boat?

So Jerry said Dak is in between Cam Newton and Jared Goff. Spinning it as if Dak is some hybrid with the good qualities from each of those guys. He also said our receivers got separation in the game but we just didnt get them the ball. Unless I missed it he failed to elaborate on the WHY the receivers didnt get the ball.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jeruh also thinks he’s a “football guy”

So there’s that....

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How can it when it lacks weapons, coaching, and a QB that can hit water from a boat?

I think it's more Dak than anything else. But the coaching has him running plays that experienced QBs run and Dak doesn't yet have the skill to hit WRs in tight windows. That's why I said the Rams offensive plan was better suited for Dak. The 11 formation with 3 wideouts. Play action to Zeke from under center and look downfield.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think it's more Dak than anything else. But the coaching has him running plays that experienced QBs run and Dak doesn't yet have the skill to hit WRs in tight windows. That's why I said the Rams offensive plan was better suited for Dak. The 11 formation with 3 wideouts. Play action to Zeke from under center and look downfield.

If I remember correctly Dak was near the top (he might have actually led the league) in tight coverage throws in his rookie season. I forgot what the name of the stat was called but I do remember being shocked that he was near the top of the list in that category.

So he “had” the skill at one point.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Dak was near the top (he might have actually led the league) in tight coverage throws in his rookie season. I forgot what the name of the stat was called but I do remember being shocked that he was near the top of the list in that category.

I heard about that too, but it can be deceiving. There is a difference between throwing in a tight window and tight coverage. For anyone that watched the Saints game you could clearly see Brees throwing in tight windows. What Dak doesn't seem to want to do is throw the ball just as the WR breaks to the open area. The WR won't necessarily be open until the ball gets there. A good QB already knows where the WR is going to go and needs to get the ball there inside a tight window. I don't remember him doing that in 2016, I could be wrong.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah. And those same stats had Dez as the #1 tight window WR.......

Reaction score
Here's another prediction for this season - when the offense finally has a decent game the defense will fall apart at that exact same time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's another prediction for this season - when the offense finally has a decent game the defense will fall apart at that exact same time.

1) Not sure we are going to see decent offensive games
2) I don't think the defense is going to fall apart.

Based on what we saw last week, we might field a top-10 or even top-5 defense, and still manage to go 3-13 or 4-12

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Based on what we saw last week, we might field a top-10 or even top-5 defense, and still manage to go 3-13 or 4-12

Agree. I think the Defense will be ranked around 8-12 this year (early round playoff caliber) and the Offense 22-26 range (fuhgeddaboutit caliber). Sticking with 5-11.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Anyway, I keep thinking somewhere in the 7 to 9 win area, and we've seen if we get the injury bug, we could be bad, really bad.

So put me down for 10-6 cause I've lost my fuckin mind.

This fuckin guy. SMDH.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

LOL the homer in you just keeps poking his head out, like a poop you're too constipated to release LOL

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
3-13 or 4-12 prediction means I am a homer?

First of all, if you havent figured it out by now, I just like giving you shit because there's nothing else exciting about the cowboys anymore for me, so don't take it to serious, just trying to get the conversations more active ron-he-yah

I was referring to this comment:

we might field a top-10 or even top-5 defense

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
First of all, if you havent figured it out by now, I just like giving you shit because there's nothing else exciting about the cowboys anymore for me, so don't take it to serious, just trying to get the conversations more active ron-he-yah

I was referring to this comment:

Key word- "might"

Top Bottom