DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yup, that was a bonafide crapfest. This might be the worst dress rehearsal since the late 80's if not EVER!! I'm seriously thinking 6-10 this year give or take a game.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Basically what it says is this:

Our backups are Clev. Browns bad and if any starters go down we might as well start watching college football games in preparation for next year's draft. We have zero depth. We are your typical Madden team.

Reaction score
Actually. I think Cleveland's scrubs would destroy our scrubs.

Over at Reality's Shithouse the usual whistling past the graveyard with posts like "It's only pre-season" and "this wasn't our dress rehearsal"...

Bullshit - this WAS our dress rehearsal. It shows you what is in store yet again for this team which is a shit show.

Also - Rush has clearly regressed, might that have something to do with a QB coach who didn't even have enough experience to be the water boy?

Team is so thin that we can't even risk starters in pre-season anymore, and thus we will start the season unprepared, out of shape, and rusty.

8 turnovers was impressive, though. Might be a team record regardless of regular or pre-season, but I don't have confirmation.

This franchise is dead and buried. The corpse doesn't even stink anymore.

Reaction score
Basically what it says is this:

Our backups are Clev. Browns bad and if any starters go down we might as well start watching college football games in preparation for next year's draft. We have zero depth. We are your typical Madden team.

I think you could take a Madden game, pool all non-starting, non-Cowboys players from the 31 other teams, put their names on a wall, blindfold yourself, then throw darts, and the resulting team would be better than the Cowboys.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Actually. I think Cleveland's scrubs would destroy our scrubs.

Over at Reality's Shithouse the usual whistling past the graveyard with posts like "It's only pre-season" and "this wasn't our dress rehearsal"...

Bullshit - this WAS our dress rehearsal. It shows you what is in store yet again for this team which is a shit show.

Also - Rush has clearly regressed, might that have something to do with a QB coach who didn't even have enough experience to be the water boy?

Team is so thin that we can't even risk starters in pre-season anymore, and thus we will start the season unprepared, out of shape, and rusty.

8 turnovers was impressive, though. Might be a team record regardless of regular or pre-season, but I don't have confirmation.

This franchise is dead and buried. The corpse doesn't even stink anymore.

This ^^. The Cowboys have 4 pro bowlers in Tyron, Frederick, Martin and Zeke. Maybe a few more if they can stay healthy and consistent like Lee and Dak. The rest of the starters are mediocre as the last couple seasons have shown and the backups are atrocious. The HC is about as inspiring as a concrete block and has the football brains of a water boy (no disrespect to hard working water boys). I see nothing but crappy execution, no fire in the players and some of the worst conditioning I have ever seen on ANY sports team. The Owner is delusional about his franchise being competitive but rakes in massive amounts of money so he doesn't have to really care.....just pretend he does. So much great talent has been wasted for years. Shame.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The only positive from tonite would be a total crap fest to make Garrett and coaching staff look bad.

That's exactly what we got, and to call it a crap fest might be an understatement. Other than the defense, everyone else on the Cowboys have to walk off that field embarrassed. It was a comedy act.

Chaz Green. What can I say? Gave up another strip sack, but hey, he was right there trailing the DE to recover the fumble.

Rush and White. I don't see either one as NFL ready. Rush looked terrible and White has some hope, he needs a lot more developing. But I don't see Rush making the final cut.

I did love watching that D. I can't remember the last time going into a season I had confidence in a D. We're going to need them. Because even when our starters come back, I have a feeling our offense is going to struggle a little this year.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
did kellen moore coach the arm strength out of cooper rush ??

i know that moore is a 1st yr qb coach
and learning on the job like everyone else
but rush and dak had near perfect preseasons before he got here. i dunno preseason doesnt matter

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;eAhzT5HzF8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=eAhzT5HzF8I[/video]

oh yeah, we really needed this

Reaction score
Jason Garrett Where Were You?

After the preseason loss, Jason Garrett said he had never been involved in all his years in the NFL in a game that featured eight turnovers by a team. Jason where were you during Super Bowl XXVII? Where were you when you father coached the New Orleans Saints and the Cowboys played the Super Bowl in New Orleans the same year against Denver in Super Bowl XII?

MOST TURNOVERS, GAME - Super Bowl
9 Buffalo vs. Dallas, XXVII
8 Denver vs. Dallas, XII
7 Baltimore vs. Dallas, V

Jerry Jones is known for revisionist HIS-Story. Now Jason Garrett is doing revisionist His-story. Garrett you have been in and at a game that featured eight turnovers by a Team...Twice. You just happen to be the Head Coach of a team that turned the ball over 8 times.

But it is only preseason and Jerry Jones is still Head Coach and GM. Therefore, Garrett does not know what he will be involved in a NFL Game during the 2018 football season.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;eAhzT5HzF8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=eAhzT5HzF8I[/video]

oh yeah, we really needed this

caught the ball 4 yds behind the LOS and still almost got a 1st down

rodcatch.jpg

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
some vids from the game:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
caught the ball 4 yds behind the LOS and still almost got a 1st down
That's kinda the whole idea of the screen pass.

Looney represented himself quite well on that play, among many others last night.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's kinda the whole idea of the screen pass.

Looney represented himself quite well on that play, among many others last night.

im trying to enhance the green zone experience

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
im trying to enhance the green zone experience
The all-important "Governor's Cup" game is in three fucking days and we're not ready.

Try to focus. We're on to Houston.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
NBC should make the "green zone" one yard short of the 1st down in honor of Jason Witten.

Too soon?

Top Bottom