Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Bengals have gained 200 yards in the last 20 minutes. LOL

The dropoff between our starters and our backups is towering. It's why I snicker every time someone touts how "talented" we are. We're not.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The dropoff between our starters and our backups is towering. It's why I snicker every time someone touts how "talented" we are. We're not.

Yeah top five players on roster talented and starts tapering, when you hit the 15-20 area, lookout below.

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
Same thing for us last week against Chicago.. #1s looked good and backups stank up the place.. exact opposite this week..

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score

You left out the awesome halftime adjustments each game......pre-season or regular season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You left out the awesome halftime adjustments each game......pre-season or regular season.

LOL

When your overall talent is just average, your horrid coaching gets magnified immensely.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

It's been that way for years, especially on the o-line.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Injury update on Zack Martin. Apparently he showed back up on the sideline in street clothes and was seen moving normally and joking around. Serious injury appears to be ruled out. Find out more tomorrow I guess.

Reaction score
Another second half shit show by the scrubs. Some people like to downplay that, but I say it points once again to coaching. Garrett is not a motivator no matter who tries to lie on his behalf. Practically never has the team up for a big game after a layoff, and never coaches up guys on the bottom of the roster.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zoner geniuses saying LVE and Williams should be cut and never have been drafted.

Yes, after 1 preseason game for LVE and 2 for Williams (who changed positions too) it's time to give up on them.

Another poster started not one, but TWO different threads before last nights game stating that Chaz Green was not as bad as people were saying, and did some in depth "film review" to supposedly back up his ludicrous claim.

One fan today stated the offense would be more successful if only we'd re-sign Dez and make Rico Gathers the starting TE (the guy who still doesn't know the playbook or how to block). Said Dez makes the offense elite. Fucking really?

At one point before the SF game, SEVERAL dumbass Zoners were saying Cooper Rush was CLEARLY better than Prescott, and should jump him as the starter.

This is why I don't care if any of those fucktards ever come here. They are shining examples of why people think we have the absolute most retarded fans in sports.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another second half shit show by the scrubs. Some people like to downplay that, but I say it points once again to coaching. Garrett is not a motivator no matter who tries to lie on his behalf. Practically never has the team up for a big game after a layoff, and never coaches up guys on the bottom of the roster.

Yep, does a poor job coaching fundamentals. It shows up every yr.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zoner geniuses saying LVE and Williams should be cut and never have been drafted.

Yes, after 1 preseason game for LVE and 2 for Williams (who changed positions too) it's time to give up on them.

Another poster started not one, but TWO different threads before last nights game stating that Chaz Green was not as bad as people were saying, and did some in depth "film review" to supposedly back up his ludicrous claim.

One fan today stated the offense would be more successful if only we'd re-sign Dez and make Rico Gathers the starting TE (the guy who still doesn't know the playbook or how to block). Said Dez makes the offense elite. Fucking really?

At one point before the SF game, SEVERAL dumbass Zoners were saying Cooper Rush was CLEARLY better than Prescott, and should jump him as the starter.

This is why I don't care if any of those fucktards ever come here. They are shining examples of why people think we have the absolute most retarded fans in sports.

I really don't know if we can adequately evaluate Rush or White behind a putrid OL. About the only thing I can say about Rush is that he's got a week arm. You'd think if we're trying to develop a QB, the first thing we'd make sure of is that he'd have a decent arm.

And Connor Williams does give me some pause. We spent a second round pick on him and he's super lightweight for an OL at this level. You can get away with that at center if he's a technician but not so much at guard. I get that maybe our front office is looking ahead and thinking he's a developmental guy with talent. But we should expect our second round picks to at least compete for a starting job. Williams needs a good year or two in the weight room.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, does a poor job coaching fundamentals. It shows up every yr.

You can't teach fundamentals when you have no basis for teaching. Garrett lacks experience. Because someone was a good player (which Garrett was not), that doesn't make him a good coach no more than a good student would make a good teacher. Doug Pederson had the benefit of learning under Andy Reid. Garrett learned under Wade and a failed Nick Saban. I don't think Garret would get an NFL job if Jerry fired his sorry ass.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Injury update on Zack Martin. Apparently he showed back up on the sideline in street clothes and was seen moving normally and joking around. Serious injury appears to be ruled out. Find out more tomorrow I guess.

This is why pre-season sucks donkey dick and I never watch a minute of it
The play on which he got hurt didn't look horrible (Kirkpatrick looked like he was going down and Martin's knee kind of ran into him) so fingers crossed the MRI comes back negative for any structural damage
I wish they would do away with pre-season or at least reduce it dramatically and I wouldn't play any starters and just have them acclimate as the season starts
The Niners were decimated last week when we played them and now its our turn...fucken' hate it!!
Let's get this season rolling...can't wait!!

Top Bottom