yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Answer my questions above genius.

LOL Bless your heart, just because he doesn't over rule a decision doesn't mean he cant. That's the answer to your questions.

Your turn

Show me any proof he has had his authority taken from him. You can't and won't but the blind homer in you loves to pull the dipshit notion out of your ass that he's been neutered, I guess the idea makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
e977538a4248c5a981602b60bbb38a5a.png

You think he knows players?

LOL ok

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL Bless your heart, just because he doesn't over rule a decision doesn't mean he cant. That's the answer to your questions.

Your turn

Show me any proof he has had his authority taken from him. You can't and won't but the blind homer in you loves to pull the dipshit notion out of your ass that he's been neutered, I guess the idea makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

We know he wanted Manziel and wanted to pick him. We know he wanted Dez Bryant on this team now.

Did either of those things happen? if you are smart enough to see that neither of those things panned out, why didn't they?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We know he wanted Manziel and wanted to pick him. We know he wanted Dez Bryant on this team now.

Did either of those things happen? if you are smart enough to see that neither of those things panned out, why didn't they?

I remember accounts where Stevie and Jerruh almost came to blows over what we were giving up for Deion. 20 years after (which is around the time we all must agree we started seeing some better personell decisions starting to happen) I think Jerruh recognized he needed to come down out of the crazy tree and start listening to some folks and voluntarily take a little step back. But all that said he sure as hell is the chief executive and like he said in that infamous radio show call-in, he will be as long as he has the company.

What you're saying about neutering has some evidentiary truth to it, but I contend that it's voluntary.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Simple, he decided to listen to the people he pays to give him advice.

When you have a business solely owned by one individual, that individual has the power and authority to do whatever he wants at any time and NO ONE can stop him (aside from extreme situations where the league could intervene).

Its Jeris team, its his business, this is not a democracy, its not a corporation, its a dictatorship and in your examples, jeri merely chose to go along with the consensus presented to him but could have forced the team to draft Manzeil if he had wanted to.

Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

I will say this, there is a greater than 0% chance that jeri has created a living trust to avoid massive tax consequences to his business and family following his death. Perhaps there is something in that document that has immediately limited Jeri's power within the organization but given this is a document that would be created at his behest, I seriously doubt he would do anything to undermine his power and authority given his obvious need for it and how he has proclaimed since the day he bought the team that he would be in charge of everything from jocks to socks and the final decision on all matters rests upon him and him alone.

Ex: Just because he gives his secretary control of a petty cash account of $500 doesn't mean she has neutered his control over that fund, he can jerk it back at any time he likes.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
it's voluntary.

exactly

no one has neutered jeri (but I cant tell you how much I wish someone had done so and would take it a step further and send his rambling ass out pasture on a yacht in the South Pacific never to return)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
exactly

no one has neutered jeri (but I cant tell you how much I wish someone had done so and would take it a step further and send his rambling ass out pasture on a yacht in the South Pacific never to return)

Hell no, instead send him to the Philippines and let him start up a new expansion team. The Manila Folders.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ok Yim, Jerruh still has final say on everything

its not a contest amigo, I'm merely trying to find the truth wherever it exists, especially as it relates to the Cowboys where so much BS and misinformation gets taken as fact.

If you find something to support an alternative version of the truth, I'm all ears

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
PS..in regard to Jeri's statements about Manzeil, I theorize he came out and said this because he wanted it on record that he wanted to draft Manzeil in the event Johnny Football went on to succeed elsewhere.

This way he could respond to criticism about his GM ability by saying, "see, I wanted to take Manzeil but I decided to listen to so called "football men" and look what happened"

Alternatively, if Manzeil fails like he did, jeri can say, see I am relying on football men to make good decisions.

~win-win~

I'm admittedly speculating here and I don't know if jeri is clever enough to think that deeply but I do believe he thinks about how to bring the most attention and glory upon himself far too often.

Its probably as simple as he publicly lamented picking Manzeil so he could say he could say he was right in the event of JF's success elsewhere and he didn't think much beyond that.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah but everyone knew before the draft Jerry was all gaga over Manziel. Almost everyone in the media assumed there was no way the Cowboys would pass on Manziel if he were available, because Jones wanted him so bad.

It didn't just come out while we were on the clock that night.

Then there was the trade up thing for Paxton Lynch. Jerry wanted everyone in the room to do it at almost any cost. Stephen drew the line and told Seattle there was no way we were giving up a 2nd and 3rd to move up for him.

And I don't think there is any doubt that S Jones, Garrett and McClay all ganged up on Jerry over Dez.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah but everyone knew before the draft Jerry was all gaga over Manziel. Almost everyone in the media assumed there was no way the Cowboys would pass on Manziel if he were available, because Jones wanted him so bad.

It didn't just come out while we were on the clock that night.

Then there was the trade up thing for Paxton Lynch. Jerry wanted everyone in the room to do it at almost any cost. Stephen drew the line and told Seattle there was no way we were giving up a 2nd and 3rd to move up for him.

And I don't think there is any doubt that S Jones, Garrett and McClay all ganged up on Jerry over Dez.

I'm not disputing these possibilities and assertions. If jeri is in fact neutered, I just want to know how this works to force him to not do something he wants to do and vice versa. So far I've seen nothing to convince me he's been forced to do or not do anything.

Surely you're not suggesting they held him down until the pick was announced so jeri couldn't physically overrule them?

Other?

Again I ask, how exactly can anyone stop jeri from doing anything he wants to do besides compelling him into a course action through persuasion? (HINT---> If its not obvious by now, this is what I think is occurring)

I am not attacking you with my questions or trying to have a pissing contest with you over this issue. I am sincerely open to changing my mind if someone can provide any kind of proof where jeri is forced to do or not do anything.

If you're satisfied with the idea that because every decision that occurs was not one jeri agreed with means he has been neutered, so be it.

I obviously disagree and have a higher standard of proof in order for me to draw that conclusion (but I do long for the day when its true and jeri is no longer anywhere near the management of football related decisions as well as all microphones, cameras and written word)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Jeruh was truly neutered we wouldn’t have ended up with Jaylon Smith and Randy Gregory. He would have been over ruled

But a Wildcatter is gonna wildcat and that’s why they are both on the team.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If Jeruh was truly neutered we wouldn’t have ended up with Jaylon Smith and Randy Gregory. He would have been over ruled

I doubt Jeri made that choice all on his own.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I probably agree to a certain extent on Smith, but not on Gregory.

While Gregory was a risk, he was also at a point in the draft where the risk was worth the reward. He was a top-10 level talent available at the end of the 2nd round. His situation wasn't bad enough where he was going to be eliminated from draft boards. I could see where collectively they agreed it was worth taking a chance where they did.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I probably agree to a certain extent on Smith, but not on Gregory.

While Gregory was a risk, he was also at a point in the draft where the risk was worth the reward. He was a top-10 level talent available at the end of the 2nd round. His situation wasn't bad enough where he was going to be eliminated from draft boards. I could see where collectively they agreed it was worth taking a chance where they did.

Gregory failed drug tests before and DURING the combine!

How was he in any way worth the risk? We could have used that 2nd round pick for someone who could have made an immediate impact. He has been suspended for more games than he has been eligible for.

We got exactly what we thought we might get. A talented player who can’t keep himself from getting high for two seconds. He has one sack in his entire NFL career.

With that said, could he be a great player for us one day? Sure. But we just wasted three years on him and we are still waiting for him to prove he wasn’t a wasted pick.

Whereas we could have taken another player with that second round pick that could have made an impact each of the last three years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gregory failed drug tests before and DURING the combine!

How was he in any way worth the risk? We could have used that 2nd round pick for someone who could have made an immediate impact. He has been suspended for more games than he has been eligible for.

We got exactly what we thought we might get. A talented player who can’t keep himself from getting high for two seconds. He has one sack in his entire NFL career.

With that said, could he be a great player for us one day? Sure. But we just wasted three years on him and we are still waiting for him to prove he wasn’t a wasted pick.

Whereas we could have taken another player with that second round pick that could have made an impact each of the last three years.

Draft history is littered with guys who were in similar boats as Gregory, and many of those panned out.

Again you have to way the risk vs the reward. it's easy to have the hindsight 20/20 vision today but it isn't liked we used a top-10 pick in the draft (or even a 1st rd pick at all) on a guy that was universally regarded as a top-10 pick.

Top Bottom