dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why get caught up in the final score of a pre-season game? It's not a big deal, folks. There is no prize for winning the pre-season. That final drive by the 49ers should be analyzed and our defensive deficiencies should be isolated and fixed but I don't feel the failure there takes away from the first team's execution in the first half of the game.

I don't care about the score, nor I do care that they lost.

But for all the talk of how Garrett is a great culture guy and doing all the right things the right way etc etc they have what happened to them last night happen year after year (preseason or regular season).

They don't finish teams off consistently enough. They struggle with the fundamental portion of the game and they constantly have too many penalties. These are all signs of poorly coached teams. Garrett is the absolute epitome of a poor head coach.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

But for all the talk of how Garrett is a great culture guy and doing all the right things the right way etc etc they have what happened to them last night happen year after year (preseason or regular season).

They don't finish teams off consistently enough. They struggle with the fundamental portion of the game and they constantly have too many penalties. These are all signs of poorly coached teams. Garrett is the absolute epitome of a poor head coach.

Agreed. It always seems like our opponents 2nd and 3rd string players always outplay our guys. I put that squarely on coaching.

I was hoping to see the DB's play the ball better yesterday and a couple of times they got called for PI on a badly thrown ball. I guess old habits are hard to break but I'd like for our guys to turn on the ball. I don't think I ever saw Deion do that and just throw his hands int he air. The guy was always looking for the ball to make a play.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. It always seems like our opponents 2nd and 3rd string players always outplay our guys. I put that squarely on coaching.

Our backup o-linemen are hideous year after year. Fat guys, short guys, incompetent guys, etc.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Why get caught up in the final score of a pre-season game? It's not a big deal, folks. There is no prize for winning the pre-season. That final drive by the 49ers should be analyzed and our defensive deficiencies should be isolated and fixed but I don't feel the failure there takes away from the first team's execution in the first half of the game.

Don't think you're reading the room right there, Joe. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't watch preseason to see who wins.
I just want to see how the new guys, and the bottom of the roster guys, match up with opponents.
I was pretty happy overall, but disappointed in our late game performance. As usual.
Pretty sure that's what you're seeing reflected in these last quarter posts by others.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was hoping to see a bit more out of Mike White. He's got a better arm than Cooper Rush but he's a deer in the headlights. I don't think last night was all that bad so we'll see where it goes.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Culture is only part of it. But it has to be the right culture for a football team to be successful. And a culture where the basics arent mastered is a worthless culture for a pro team.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was hoping to see a bit more out of Mike White. He's got a better arm than Cooper Rush but he's a deer in the headlights. I don't think last night was all that bad so we'll see where it goes.

Pocket awareness needs improving, and I think that is one of the harder things to improve.

Reaction score

He also needs to put on some muscle weight. The dude would fly away in a high wind.

JoeKing

Spectator
Reaction score

LOL yeah sure. It was completely JG's fault the scrubs let the 49ers score 2 TDs in the 4th quarter. :blahblah

Reaction score
LOL yeah sure. It was completely JG's fault the scrubs let the 49ers score 2 TDs in the 4th quarter. :blahblah

Is he not the head coach? Jesus, you really are stupid aren't you? I'll bet you thought you were being clever, but you reveal that you don't have much between your ears besides oatmeal.

You belong at Cowboyszone. You are far too short for this ride.

JoeKing

Spectator
Reaction score
Is he not the head coach? Jesus, you really are stupid aren't you? I'll bet you thought you were being clever, but you reveal that you don't have much between your ears besides oatmeal.

You belong at Cowboyszone. You are far too short for this ride.

Bless your heart. Did you think that would impress me talking like that? Well, I am impressed... that's some all-time great buffoonery right there. You didn't inherit a lick sense from your retarded mama, did you? And the best part of you ran down her leg when you was conceived. I'm just so proud of you to be able spell half decent. Bless your heart. Did you say something about Jason Garrett? It's not like it matters, so never mind. :owned

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One day our fan base will realize that coaching does matter.......

I think many modern day fans have suffered traumatic brain damage from adjusting their backward wearing snap back hats a couple notches too tight.

Top Bottom