yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But seriously.... If any one of these "gun control" Democrats wanted to sponsor a bill increasing the penalty for felon in possession of a firearm to 20 years instead of just the 5 it is now, and make it have TEETH and be mandatory -- not available to use as a hook to get a suspect to talk -- myself and every gun owner in the US and even the NRA too, would get behind it. The reason they don't is this would greatly reduce the number of death by firearm in the US since most of it happens in the inner cities by you guessed it, felons who are banned from having firearms. They WANT lots of shootings, they NEED lots of shootings. They're not really interested in getting it stopped.

You can't handle the truth! (Jack Nicholson) - YouTube

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But seriously.... If any one of these "gun control" Democrats wanted to sponsor a bill increasing the penalty for felon in possession of a firearm to 20 years instead of just the 5 it is now, and make it have TEETH and be mandatory -- not available to use as a hook to get a suspect to talk -- myself and every gun owner in the US and even the NRA too, would get behind it. The reason they don't is this would greatly reduce the number of death by firearm in the US since most of it happens in the inner cities by you guessed it, felons who are banned from having firearms. They WANT lots of shootings, they NEED lots of shootings. They're not really interested in getting it stopped.

It won't happen. The justice system is getting away from minimum mandatory sentences for some perceived racial bias due to the the racial disparity of those being sentenced. Folks will think that only African Americans are getting targeted which wouldn't be the case but that's how it will be perceived.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This David......I was a huge Springsteen fan until he got all political. Yes, his music always had a political bend. I get that. But when he'd start getting political during concerts and spout bullshit during interviews, it just far too much. And these mother fuckers have the audacity to act like they're all about the working man while they charge hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for tickets to see them. Fuck off.........

Right there with you, love his music but his political crap makes me hate him.

True story- I was at one of his concerts here in Atl at Phillips Arena a few years back. The crowd got quiet as he went on one of his "I love Obama he is so awesome" speeches. At the moment it seemed the most quiet some guy down below us yells "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dude made my night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yep.

The ultimate lie of all of politics- "democrats really care about their voters"

NO, THEY FUCKING DONT.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It won't happen. The justice system is getting away from minimum mandatory sentences for some perceived racial bias due to the the racial disparity of those being sentenced. Folks will think that only African Americans are getting targeted which wouldn't be the case but that's how it will be perceived.

Much preferable for blacks to target each other with lead, than for there to be even the slightest possible perception that the "system" might be targeting them with something like law.

Margaret Sanger would be proud of them.

Reaction score
Dak has now answered the same question 3 times with the same results. He should have answered like Ezekiel Elliott. This is our brand love or hate, The Dallas Cowboys, America's Team.

The Cowboys can now sign Eric Reid (if the Earl Thomas traded does not happen). He has stated that he will stand for the National Anthem. The Cowboys need a FS that can roam, cover, and make plays.

In regards to the National Anthem, read the book of Daniel in the Holy Bible. The 3 Hebrew Boys and Daniel had a different perspective on patriotism vs. nationalism. When you try to stop protest against social injustice (which is a nice way of saying racism) with Nationalism, you destroy the values of liberty and freedom. Then you usually turn to racism, hatred, and bigotry (see Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Serbia, Bosnia, Rwanda). He that have eyes let him see and he that have ears let him hear.

At least we still may have America's Team...I Hope.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak has now answered the same question 3 times with the same results. He should have answered like Ezekiel Elliott. This is our brand love or hate, The Dallas Cowboys, America's Team.

The Cowboys can now sign Eric Reid (if the Earl Thomas traded does not happen). He has stated that he will stand for the National Anthem. The Cowboys need a FS that can roam, cover, and make plays.

In regards to the National Anthem, read the book of Daniel in the Holy Bible. The 3 Hebrew Boys and Daniel had a different perspective on patriotism vs. nationalism. When you try to stop protest against social injustice (which is a nice way of saying racism) with Nationalism, you destroy the values of liberty and freedom. Then you usually turn to racism, hatred, and bigotry (see Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Serbia, Bosnia, Rwanda). He that have eyes let him see and he that have ears let him hear.

At least we still may have America's Team...I Hope.

Folks like you sure do label a lot but never seem to tolerate speech that might be different from their own. And when a view does differ, it's because someone is racist or anti-this or anti-that. How any idiot (and yes, you are an idiot) can in any way affiliate opposing views in the United States and somehow compare them with those of Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Serbia, Bosnia, Rwanda, etc is beyond me. It's absolutely moronic.

Educate yourself. The social injustice are the lies that people have told the inner city communities to keep them poor and oppressed just to maintain their vote for one political party that has failed them while these same politicians enrich themselves. As I stated earlier, scores of young people were killed in Chicago this weekend and many more were injured. Some of them were just kids sitting in a car or on their front porch. And not a peep from the social justice warriors like yourself.

I got news for you. Michael Brown and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was a lie. People's businesses and personal property were burned down because of a lie. Lives were altered because of a lie. But Michael Brown is not the problem (and not because he's dead). It's folks like you that are the problem because when faced with the facts or what you may have believed was disproven, you can't or won't change your opinion. And that is the real threat. Because your opinions are based on perception and not reality. So there is no "solution" to solve your social issues because they don't exist.

So fuck off with your Nazi and Mussolini bullshit. The NFL is a business and no one has a right to protest on their employer's time or dime. Now, if the NFL told the players they could protest at their place of employment, I have no issue with it because then it becomes an issue of the product I'm consuming. It is then up to me to decide if I want to continue to watch or purchase an NFL product. But as it stands now, the NFL are a bunch of cowards. They won't do that because they know it will hurt their pocket book. Which is why Jerry Jones laid down the law. It's his brand. It's America's Team. Jerry don't give a fuck about the anthem, justice or injustice. He just gives a fuck about his brand and making money.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In regards to the National Anthem, read the book of Daniel in the Holy Bible.
No, read the fucking CONSTITUTION and understand the First Amendment. It applies ONLY to GOVERNMENT action, not private. Not you, me, or our employer. OR any other private employer.
When you try to stop protest ~blah blah blah~ you destroy the values of liberty and freedom.
When THE GOVERNMENT does. THE GOVERNMENT!

When the employer says "No, you may not use your position in our company to protest" it is exercising ITS OWN First Amendment rights and NOT infringing on anyone else's. NOT destroying any liberty or freedom of anyone else!

"Freedom of Speech" pertains ONLY to the Government! LIMITS ONLY, the government!

Fucking idiots!

JoeKing

Spectator
Reaction score
The Cowboys will toe the line because that's how Mr. Jones wants it. Meanwhile, the 49ers across the field tomorrow will show us what it looks like when a team is allowed to think for itself.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Cowboys will toe the line because that's how Mr. Jones wants it. Meanwhile, the 49ers across the field tomorrow will show us what it looks like when a team is allowed to think for itself.

What's up Joe? I didn't even think about what the Whiners will do tomorrow night. Good point and something to keep an eye on (if the NFL shows it).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I guess NBA, MLB and MLS team players aren't allowed to think for themselves?

It's a false claim anyway, nobody's controlling thought.

JoeKing

Spectator
Reaction score
The NFL won't want it shown, but I wouldn't be surprised if the director in the TV booth gives us a split screen for each team to demonstrate the dichotomy that exist within the NFL... two teams that operate from polar opposite philosophies. It's a moment in time that should be acknowledge for what it is. These things can coexist and then a football game breaks out.

JoeKing

Spectator
Reaction score
I guess NBA, MLB and MLS team players aren't allowed to think for themselves?

It's a false claim anyway, nobody's controlling thought.

NBA, MLB, MLS don't have the same policy as the NFL and, therefore, don't have the same problem. Of course, they are controlling the behavior of their players

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Except Eric Reid cant roam, cover or make plays. Its why he was benched and ultimately moved to LB with SF.

He had one good year and has been lousy ever since. He also has a propensity for knuckleheaded penalties.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Folks like you sure do label a lot but never seem to tolerate speech that might be different from their own. And when a view does differ, it's because someone is racist or anti-this or anti-that. How any idiot (and yes, you are an idiot) can in any way affiliate opposing views in the United States and somehow compare them with those of Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Serbia, Bosnia, Rwanda, etc is beyond me. It's absolutely moronic.

Educate yourself. The social injustice are the lies that people have told the inner city communities to keep them poor and oppressed just to maintain their vote for one political party that has failed them while these same politicians enrich themselves. As I stated earlier, scores of young people were killed in Chicago this weekend and many more were injured. Some of them were just kids sitting in a car or on their front porch. And not a peep from the social justice warriors like yourself.

I got news for you. Michael Brown and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was a lie. People's businesses and personal property were burned down because of a lie. Lives were altered because of a lie. But Michael Brown is not the problem (and not because he's dead). It's folks like you that are the problem because when faced with the facts or what you may have believed was disproven, you can't or won't change your opinion. And that is the real threat. Because your opinions are based on perception and not reality. So there is no "solution" to solve your social issues because they don't exist.

So fuck off with your Nazi and Mussolini bullshit. The NFL is a business and no one has a right to protest on their employer's time or dime. Now, if the NFL told the players they could protest at their place of employment, I have no issue with it because then it becomes an issue of the product I'm consuming. It is then up to me to decide if I want to continue to watch or purchase an NFL product. But as it stands now, the NFL are a bunch of cowards. They won't do that because they know it will hurt their pocket book. Which is why Jerry Jones laid down the law. It's his brand. It's America's Team. Jerry don't give a fuck about the anthem, justice or injustice. He just gives a fuck about his brand and making money.

Hall of Fame fucking post.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
NBA, MLB, MLS don't have the same policy as the NFL and, therefore, don't have the same problem. Of course, they are controlling the behavior of their players

Nice to see the goalpost get moved from "controlling thought" so adroitly. Now...

There's also no control of behavior. Except voluntarily by those players as part of their employment agreement they voluntarily entered into.

JoeKing

Spectator
Reaction score
Nice to see the goalpost get moved from "controlling thought" so adroitly. Now...

There's also no control of behavior. Except voluntarily by those players as part of their employment agreement they voluntarily entered into.

The case for "thought control" was never made, so I don't know why you ever brought it up. That was never the "goal post", so no "goal post moving" done either. The policy most certainly controls behavior, so you are wrong on that account, otherwise there is no explanation why the other sports leagues don't have such a problem while the NFL does. There are no leagues forcing players to enter into employment agreements, including the NFL, so you can't use that as excuse. The difference the NFL has is the policy. Period, point blank, end of discussion.

Reaction score
You all must learn.

Does business govern men or does government govern men and business. Show me the law that says the National Anthem must be played before the start of your job and you must stand at attention and give reverence. You can not. Therefore, your points are either ignorant or foolish.

Businesses must abide by the constitutional law that governs man. Man also must abide by the constitutional law that governs man.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This protest is covered under constitutional law of the United States of America and every adopting state law. The National Anthem occurs before the work begins in a public tax paying forum/stadium where the government seal is on every bottle of beer sold. Therefore you can not legally prohibit the free exercise of freedom of speech to peaceable go down on one knee, to raise a fist, to stand or dance in protest against racism in America while the National Anthem is played. Therefore all the Nebuchadnezzar lovers can only protest the protest within the constitutional laws of the United States of America and the adopting state laws. However, you are on a moral low ground (very low to imoral) protest someone protesting racism.

Anyone that is saying a business which is usually incorporated under state law which that state law is under constitutional federal law, is not govern by those laws is either ignorant of foolish.

Only under a business brand marketing ideology does Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones can make ask NFL players or require players to stand (ie. America's Team or Walmart's "Made in America" which did not last long). But that is a slippery slope considering the venue they are requiring forced patriotism which is then Nationalism which by definition of preamble and the entire constitution is ILLEGAL. That is why it must be collectively bargained by the NFLPA to get that type of rule approved. The NFL does not have a work based policy collectively bargained with the NFL to make players stand during the National Anthem. When they get it done (collective bargained work place policy), you will see players standing not based on love of country but on NFL business love of money.

My final statement on this matter will show you my wisdom with this African Proverb: "He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool: shun him. He that knows not and knows that he knows not is ignorant teach him. He that knows and knows not that he knows is asleep awake him. But he that knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him."

Your response will tell me just which one you are.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Actually the idiots that kneel arent thinking for themselves. They are like sheep blindly following idiocy that started with Krapernick a world class idiot. If these fools actually thought for themsveles they would know that what they think they are protesting isnt even a real issue. Its just a mediot created narrative to fuel an agenda that isnt based in reality.

Top Bottom