NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
In regards to the National Anthem, read the book of Daniel in the Holy Bible. The 3 Hebrew Boys and Daniel had a different perspective on patriotism vs. nationalism.

Daniel, Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace for praying to God in defiance of the kings decree. It was about putting God above the decrees of men. Better to obey God than man if the two are in contradiction. So not really sure how an accurate correlation can be made to the fools in the NFL kneeling and being disgraceful to their country.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Folks like you sure do label a lot but never seem to tolerate speech that might be different from their own. And when a view does differ, it's because someone is racist or anti-this or anti-that. How any idiot (and yes, you are an idiot) can in any way affiliate opposing views in the United States and somehow compare them with those of Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Serbia, Bosnia, Rwanda, etc is beyond me. It's absolutely moronic.

Educate yourself. The social injustice are the lies that people have told the inner city communities to keep them poor and oppressed just to maintain their vote for one political party that has failed them while these same politicians enrich themselves. As I stated earlier, scores of young people were killed in Chicago this weekend and many more were injured. Some of them were just kids sitting in a car or on their front porch. And not a peep from the social justice warriors like yourself.

I got news for you. Michael Brown and "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was a lie. People's businesses and personal property were burned down because of a lie. Lives were altered because of a lie. But Michael Brown is not the problem (and not because he's dead). It's folks like you that are the problem because when faced with the facts or what you may have believed was disproven, you can't or won't change your opinion. And that is the real threat. Because your opinions are based on perception and not reality. So there is no "solution" to solve your social issues because they don't exist.

So fuck off with your Nazi and Mussolini bullshit. The NFL is a business and no one has a right to protest on their employer's time or dime. Now, if the NFL told the players they could protest at their place of employment, I have no issue with it because then it becomes an issue of the product I'm consuming. It is then up to me to decide if I want to continue to watch or purchase an NFL product. But as it stands now, the NFL are a bunch of cowards. They won't do that because they know it will hurt their pocket book. Which is why Jerry Jones laid down the law. It's his brand. It's America's Team. Jerry don't give a fuck about the anthem, justice or injustice. He just gives a fuck about his brand and making money.

Great post!!!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The case for "thought control" was never made, so I don't know why you ever brought it up.
YOU made that case right here:
the 49ers across the field tomorrow will show us what it looks like when a team is allowed to think for itself.
Meaning, the Cowboys' thoughts are controlled by mean ole Jerruh telling them to stand for the anthem.
The policy most certainly controls behavior,
It does NOT "control behavior." It assigns CONSEQUENCES to behavior. That's two entirely different things. Just like there's a penalty for holding, it does not control the players' ability to hold.
The difference the NFL has is the policy.
And the policy controls no one or anything. It merely assigns consequences to actions or behaviors.
He that knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool
And, that's you in a nutshell. As has been shown several times before.
This protest is covered under constitutional law of the United States of America and every adopting state law. The National Anthem occurs before the work begins in a public tax paying forum/stadium where the government seal is on every bottle of beer sold. Therefore you can not legally prohibit the free exercise of freedom of speech
The players are employees of a private company and as such they are required to stand for the national anthem if the company requires it. The venue isn't relevant at all, neither is a tax stamp on beer bottles. The NBA. MLB and MLS require it, and their legal standing to do so is verified.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You all must learn.

I can tell by your post that you've never been employed. Experience will teach you a lot of things as as you get older.

Does business govern men or does government govern men and business. Show me the law that says the National Anthem must be played before the start of your job and you must stand at attention and give reverence. You can not. Therefore, your points are either ignorant or foolish.

As Doomsday mentioned earlier, the constitution exits to protect the citizens from an over reaching government. There is no constitutional right to freedom of speech in the workplace or private sector, albeit with a few exceptions such as anti-discrimination laws. Many jobs have standards of conduct. They dictate what you can and can not do not only at your work, but in your private life. I can't claim that I have First Amendment protection if I violate those standards of conduct. If you ever had a job, you might know this.

Another example is a dress code. You can't tell your boss you want to wear an Anifa or Black Lives Matter T-Shirt if he/she doesn't want you to. The same holds true for wearing right leaning attire. Go tell your boss you're expressing your First Amendment rights and see how long you're employed with that company.

Businesses must abide by the constitutional law that governs man. Man also must abide by the constitutional law that governs man.

You are incorrect. Your whole premise is, in fact, incorrect. And, as I mentioned in my earlier post, people like you can't change your opinions when those opinions are found to be based on incorrect information. That's the real issue at work here.

The Constitution does not provide you protection from your employer. It provides you protection from the government. As I said, you have no First Amendment protection in the workplace. Go call a black man the "N" word at work and see how fast you get fired even though you think you have "freedom of speech." Go tell some lady (or in your case, a man) at work that you'd like to bend her over her desk and see how long you'll last at work. Go tell your 300 lb boss that he/she is fat and repulsive (even if it's true) and see how long you last at that job. Your belief that the First Amendment governs your employer will be shot down pretty quick.

You're an idiot.

This protest is covered under constitutional law of the United States of America and every adopting state law. The National Anthem occurs before the work begins in a public tax paying forum/stadium where the government seal is on every bottle of beer sold. Therefore you can not legally prohibit the free exercise of freedom of speech to peaceable go down on one knee, to raise a fist, to stand or dance in protest against racism in America while the National Anthem is played. Therefore all the Nebuchadnezzar lovers can only protest the protest within the constitutional laws of the United States of America and the adopting state laws. However, you are on a moral low ground (very low to imoral) protest someone protesting racism.

You keep repeating the same thing over and over. All you need to do is use Google. Even ACLU lawyers and Constitutional scholars will tell you you're incorrect. As a matter of fact, it's common sense.

And I don't even know what you're saying about "public tax paying forum/stadium where the government seal is on every bottle of beer sold". What does that even mean and what bearing does it have on anything?

Let me go one step further, although I know you won't answer. Zek was suspended last year without ever being charged with a crime. Did he sue the team for depriving him of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Anyone that is saying a business which is usually incorporated under state law which that state law is under constitutional federal law, is not govern by those laws is either ignorant of foolish.

Have I told you you're an idiot? And you're an ignorant idiot. You have no idea what you're talking about. Here's some advice: better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. Thank me later.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Constitution does not provide you protection from your employer. It provides you protection from the government.
There is only ONE thing in the Constitution that protects us from each other. The 15th Amendment.

And that's all. Everything else in the Constitution protects us from strictly, the government.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have I told you you're an idiot? And you're an ignorant idiot. You have no idea what you're talking about. Here's some advice: better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. Thank me later.

LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And that's all. Everything else in the Constitution protects us from strictly, the government.

And we know a certain side of the government wishes there was no constitution. And we know why.

Well, all of us know this except for one person in this thread.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
There are six other days in the week for them to protest. Also, they have never to my satisfaction explained the connection between the Anthem and sporadic cases of police brutality.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There are six other days in the week for them to protest. Also, they have never to my satisfaction explained the connection between the Anthem and sporadic cases of police brutality.

On one hand they say its something that needs fixing in this country and its an unacceptable thing to be going on in a country like ours so its why they protest during the anthem. Then they come out and say the protest has nothing to do with the anthem and even Tony Dungy said this week on FoxNews that the protesters are not being unpatriotic.

But then one has to ask if it has NOTHING to do with the anthem then why is the singing of the anthem the time to choose for the protest?

I used to have a lotta respect for Tony Dungy but not anymore after him supporting and voting for Obama. Everything that Tony says is important to him and what he stands for as far as his faith and being a person of integrity is in complete opposition and contradiction with what Obama was all about.

Top Bottom