Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have come out with their policy for the National Anthem. Its his team and its his Cowboys world.

But how did the Cowboys get to be America's Team? It surely did not get that name for kneeling or sitting during the National Anthem. It was not about patriotism. Dallas had killed one of America's most beloved Presidents. It is about brand marketing. Tex Schramm started it. When he allowed the title of the Cowboys season review to be called "America's Team", it was a brand commitment. America loves winners and the Cowboys were winners with fan all over the world. The first "American Bowl" overseas featured America's Team in London vs. the Bears. I could go on with the impact of Roger Staubach "Captain America", Chad Hennings, US Olympic Gold Medal winner Bullet Bob Hayes, etc. to tie-in the America theme for the Dallas Cowboys. However, Staubach was not drafted by the Cowboys to be a marketing brand. He was a Heisman trophy winning QB that had game changing passing and running skills. The same for Hayes who was a football player that happen to be the fastest human in the world.

So Jerry has no choice but to defend the National Anthem for America's Team. However, he is not a founding father of the US constitution. So Americans have the right to stand, sit, kneel, lay down, dance or plug their ears during the playing of the National Anthem. But every US citizen is not a Dallas Cowboy branded as America's Team. So I do agree with Jerry on that one point. Everything else is B.S.

The reason it is B.S. because it is brand marketing. Prior to getting paid by our armed services/US government, the NFL kept the players in the locker room until after the playing of the National Anthem. So where the heck was Tex and Jerry prior to getting tax payer money to be patriotic? Well Tex was working on the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (sex sells). Jerry was busy trying to run off Bill Parcells who he had to hire to get his stadium and hire Jason Garrett as defacto OC future HC. So in 2009 The NFL was paid to stage patriotic displays with NFL players on the field. So much for toeing the line.

Do I feel NFL players should have the same rights as US citizens...Yes. They can stand, kneel, sit, dance, etc. However, if you are drafted by "America's Team" you have to stand. It is the brand marketing that has made the Cowboys worth almost $5MM. Money talks and B.S. requires standing for the National Anthem in the NFL...not patriotism.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...utrage-you-about-the-nfl-the-national-anthem/

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do I feel NFL players should have the same rights as US citizens...Yes. They can stand, kneel, sit, dance, etc. However, if you are drafted by "America's Team" you have to stand. It is the brand marketing that has made the Cowboys worth almost $5MM. Money talks and B.S. requires standing for the National Anthem in the NFL...not patriotism.

I have a job. And I have limits as to what I can and can't do and say. It has nothing to do with "rights." I have rights too. But there are things that I can not do or say at my job or in my personal life that the average person can. If I don't like it, I can go find another job. Just like these overpaid jerks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
League came out today and ordered Jerry to stop discussing the anthem.

I hate Goodell and everything about the NFL at this point. I honestly wish the league would just go under so I wouldn't have to feel obligated to watch any games. (As I do with the Cowboys)

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
League came out today and ordered Jerry to stop discussing the anthem.

I hate Goodell and everything about the NFL at this point. I honestly wish the league would just go under so I wouldn't have to feel obligated to watch any games. (As I do with the Cowboys)

Remember when it was always said that Jerry was one of the more powerful owners?

Seems the commish and other owners dont fell that way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when it was always said that Jerry was one of the more powerful owners?

Seems the commish and other owners dont fell that way.

Nah, the commish and dickwad owners like Looney, Mara, Blank and some others are more interested in being social agenda warriors than actually have any fucking real backbone. (or sense of right v wrong)

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am still on a NFL Boycott in general but since JJ has taken a stand and none of the Cowboy players have taken a knee I will still watch the Cowboys play. Will wait and see what the NFL's final word will be.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
People are confused about what Freedom of speech is. Freedom of speech doesn't make you immune from having sometimes severe consequences from your Employer, other Employees, your Neighbor, The News Paper etc. Freedom of speech only means the US govt cannot make what you say illegal arrest you for it or impede you in any way from saying it. It says shit all about the rest of us and that includes your Employer. Now the Employer also has to worry about everyone else and what they have to say and I think dropping 1/3 of your viewership in one year seemed to say all that needed to be said, Jerry gets it... the rest of them will try to appease til this ship is sinking and they are all wearing neutral colors and are only named after those colors no black brown white yellow allowed. Everyone will be wearing flags and if you touch another player you'll be ejected from the game and fined. Seriously I would rather than just call it quits now than watch the game turn into some CIS Neutral Crap show and it is well on its way there now.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
At this point it really makes no sense for players to take a knee. The whole “taking a knee” has lost its relevance. Time for the players to find a new way to protest the injustices minorities have faced at the hands/guns of law enforcement. No one correlates taking a knee with that anymore. It’s lost any effectiveness it had and has now become something completely different. Taking a knee now isn’t helping bring to light any kind of injustice. If the NFL players really want to do something, start putting your checks on the line to help some of the families of the people that have been slain. Or why not organize a peaceful March like MLK did in the past. Kneeling for the flag isn’t helping anything at this point.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At this point it really makes no sense for players to take a knee. The whole “taking a knee” has lost its relevance. Time for the players to find a new way to protest the injustices minorities have faced at the hands/guns of law enforcement. No one correlates taking a knee with that anymore. It’s lost any effectiveness it had and has now become something completely different. Taking a knee now isn’t helping bring to light any kind of injustice. If the NFL players really want to do something, start putting your checks on the line to help some of the families of the people that have been slain. Or why not organize a peaceful March like MLK did in the past. Kneeling for the flag isn’t helping anything at this point.

Taking a knee won't bring to light any injustice because it doesn't exist. They're looking for a unicorn. Are there bad shootings. No doubt. But it's nowhere near the level these idiots will have you believe. There were 66 people shot, 12 fatally, this weekend in Chicago. Not a word from these jackoffs.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Taking a knee won't bring to light any injustice because it doesn't exist. They're looking for a unicorn. Are there bad shootings. No doubt. But it's nowhere near the level these idiots will have you believe. There were 66 people shot, 12 fatally, this weekend in Chicago. Not a word from these jackoffs.

1 is 1 too many. Not every shooting/murder is an injustice but to say it doesn’t exist is ignorant.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1 is 1 too many. Not every shooting/murder is an injustice but to say it doesn’t exist is ignorant.

One is too many. I agree. But to make it seem like it's some epidemic is what's truly ignorant. All the while, real issues in their community (like Chicago) go unanswered. So I'll say it....it doesn't exist.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

That's not true Dodger, the mayor there said the answer is there are too many guns in the streets!

Never mind the fact they have some of the strictest anti-gun laws in the USA. Those darned bad people, didn't they see the gun free zone signs out there?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Or better yet, all sports players and movie stars, pop singers etc etc...just SHUT THE FUCK UP ALTOGETHER

I couldn't give two shits less what these idiots think politically.

All of them are nothing but fucktard hypocrites.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's not true Dodger, the mayor there said the answer is there are too many guns in the streets!

Never mind the fact they have some of the strictest anti-gun laws in the USA. Those darned bad people, didn't they see the gun free zone signs out there?

These people are under siege and they keep voting these idiots into office. I just don't get it. These charlatans take advantage of the black community. It's out of control.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or better yet, all sports players and movie stars, pop singers etc etc...just SHUT THE FUCK UP ALTOGETHER

This David......I was a huge Springsteen fan until he got all political. Yes, his music always had a political bend. I get that. But when he'd start getting political during concerts and spout bullshit during interviews, it just far too much. And these mother fuckers have the audacity to act like they're all about the working man while they charge hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for tickets to see them. Fuck off.........

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Yea the gun argument is pretty stupid if you ask me. There have always been guns in the U.S. Blaming guns for mass shootings or school shootings is like blaming spoons for the obesity problem in the U.S. The truth is there are several reasons. It’s not as simple as blaming it on one particular thing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I honestly couldn’t agree more. I just want to watch football.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But seriously.... If any one of these "gun control" Democrats wanted to sponsor a bill increasing the penalty for felon in possession of a firearm to 20 years instead of just the 5 it is now, and make it have TEETH and be mandatory -- not available to use as a hook to get a suspect to talk -- myself and every gun owner in the US and even the NRA too, would get behind it. The reason they don't is this would greatly reduce the number of death by firearm in the US since most of it happens in the inner cities by you guessed it, felons who are banned from having firearms. They WANT lots of shootings, they NEED lots of shootings. They're not really interested in getting it stopped.

Top Bottom