Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Former Cowboys Asst HC/OC Sparano found dead this morning of an apparent heart attack at age 56.

Multiple outlets reporting he went to the hospital on Friday complaining of chest pains but was sent home after a brief stay.

His wife found him on the bedroom floor this morning.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
RIP. This is sad news and when I hear about stuff like this, it reminds me of my own mortality. Like Dooms, Sporano was only a few years older than me. I'm guessing it was a heart attack and. if so, that's very surprising; I would think these guys have quality doctors that could identify these issues.

I always liked Sporano and thought he was a good coach. He got a raw deal here when the team refused to let him go and demanded he hold Garrett's hand. That was red flag #1 for me regarding Garrett.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
RIP. This is sad news and when I hear about stuff like this, it reminds me of my own mortality. Like Dooms, Sporano was only a few years older than me. I'm guessing it was a heart attack and. if so, that's very surprising; I would think these guys have quality doctors that could identify these issues.

Yep, terrible news and prayers out to his family and friends.

I always liked Sporano and thought he was a good coach. He got a raw deal here when the team refused to let him go and demanded he hold Garrett's hand. That was red flag #1 for me regarding Garrett.

I thought he was an ok OL coach but painfully mediocre otherwise. He had chances elsewhere (incl as a HC) and flopped. He was no big loss here. I dont get the "raw deal" mantra at all. Teams hold onto coaches all the time, the rules are written that way for a reason.

Top Bottom