Reaction score
With new DB/Asst. Defensive Coor. K. Richards, I would not be surprised at the Cowboys for using 3 draft picks in the Supplemental Draft to get one of these players mentioned on DallasCowboys.com:

Name: Sam Beal
College: Western Michigan
Position: CB
Height/Weight: 6-0/185

Report:

Beal is above all else a press man corner. The tighter to the man, the better he plays.
Very good with his hands and feet. They all work well together. Smooth back pedal.
He is a competitive player. Doesn’t back down when receivers try and bully him.
Quick to make his turn. No wasted steps. Plays with start-stop quickness.
Strength to force his man wide. Uses the sideline well.
Shows catch up speed. Quick-footed. Doesn’t let you execute double-moves on him.
Easy transitions. Doesn’t labor in his movement at all.
Aware when it comes to switching off responsibilities. Doesn’t get caught out of position.
He is able to position himself in the red zone to defend his man. Plays with balance.
Has a feel for how to play through the trash. Receivers try and run him across the field and it doesn’t bother him.
One negative: he can be hit and miss as tackler. I have seen him step forward and wrap up, then other times be a step late.
He gets his eyes around to find the ball. Puts himself in position to knock it away. Could have had more interceptions but didn’t secure the ball.
Plays faster than his timed speed. Majority of his work is on the outside and not in the slot.
Grade: Based on his tape, I gave Beal a third-round grade.

Name: Adonis Alexander
College: Virginia Tech
Position: CB
Height: 6-3
Weight: 195

Report:

Alexander is a long, rangy corner. His length makes him hard to get around. He almost looks like a safety playing on the outside.
For such a long player, he turns quickly. Adjusts well on the move.
Despite his size, he will line up and play in the slot. His feet are quick.
When he gets beat it’s due to his technique being lazy. He has slow hands and feet. When he misses with his hands, he gets in trouble.
Has the upper body strength to drive his man out of bounds along the sideline.
I didn’t get the feel that he had much extended speed. When receivers got past him, he really had to rally to catch up.
He will take some strange angles to the ball when driving to make a tackle. At times he doesn’t go straight to the ball carrier.
Too aggressive down the field. Will draw flags, especially when playing off coverage. He likes to bang on the receiver, and he is not afraid to gamble on a route. Plays with confidence.
For his size, I would like to see him be a better tackler. He will attack the ball carriers at times, then other times he will retreat. He had a big-time, physical hit against West Virginia which knocked a deep ball loose.
Had seven career interceptions and 24 pass break ups. Aggressive when he has the chance to play the ball.
Grade: Based on his tape, I gave Alexander a third-round grade.

Name: Brandon Bryant
College: Mississippi State
Position: S
Height/Weight: 5-11/215

Report:

His movements are good. Smooth pedal.
Has to be careful not to guess on the route. Struggles with the combination of routes.
He will show his speed at times, but there are a lot of instanced where he just gets frozen.
Wrap-up tackler. Can be physical when he gets to his man. Not afraid to throw his body around.
Shows the ability to create turnovers through physical play.
Not always the deepest of the deepest, as far as safety alignment goes. He will allow the ball behind him. Finds himself in no man’s land at times. You can fool him, as he gets caught looking in the backfield.
Can drive on the ball when he sees it.
Grade: Based on his tape, I gave Bryant a fifth-round grade.

The Cowboys do not have the DBs that give opposition WRs trepidation. Roy Williams (the OU DB) would be a super star in the Cam Chancellor role in what will be a new look cover 2 defense. I think adding a CB and big S would be a good start. You can find both in the Supplemental Draft this year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you're going to cut and paste articles or even parts of articles at DCU, please also include a link to where the original work came from.

This one is from here:

Grading The 2018 Supplemental Draft Prospects

And no, we shouldn't use any supplemental draft picks for the backend. If we use any at all, let's get a pass rusher.

Reaction score
Those CBs are 6-0 plus. Unless there are serious off field isssues, the Cowboys are going to send a pick to be in the Supplemental draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Those CBs are 6-0 plus. Unless there are serious off field isssues, the Cowboys are going to send a pick to be in the Supplemental draft.

They didn't spend one.

So glad we have our own Hos-liar, Sdogo,Couchscout type here that's posts b/s

Top Bottom