Reaction score
I loved hearing Pat and John call a Cowboys game. One of my favorite things ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxkii-_hsG0

My favorite non SB win. I grew up, and was in 49er territory in those days. I practically became a pro wrestling villain after that game cutting promos on 49er fans who had a decade's worth of karma coming. They didn't like hearing that their dynasty ended the same day as ours began.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
My favorite non SB win. I grew up, and was in 49er territory in those days. I practically became a pro wrestling villain after that game cutting promos on 49er fans who had a decade's worth of karma coming. They didn't like hearing that their dynasty ended the same day as ours began.

Yea it was such a great win. We were back!! Roger was there on the field. That pass to Harper was so awesome. It felt so good after the 80's drought. Who would have thought another longer drought was waiting to start just a few years later.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nobody could set the table better than Summerall. This is one if my all-time favorite Cowboys moments as well.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
We've talked about this before, but I don't really mind doing it again.
This is the game I go to when we ice our own kicker or some other half wit move.
Oh, and SB XXX.
Because fuck the Steelers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We've talked about this before, but I don't really mind doing it again.
This is the game I go to when we ice our own kicker or some other half wit move.
Oh, and SB XXX.
Because fuck the Steelers.
I pull out SB 27 and watch it about once a year, because it was just a merry blur watching it live. It was just a sea of white swarming all over the guys in blue with no letup. A beatdown for the ages which I also won a $100 bet on. It was just a joygasm.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sad we have to resort to the "I remember when" threads and old NFLN programming to remind us of why we liked this team in the first place.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sad we have to resort to the "I remember when" threads and old NFLN programming to remind us of why we liked this team in the first place.

we're like the Cleveland Browns now, parity allows yahoo's like jeri and his spawn to think they know what they're doing and sucker fans into thinking they're "just this close" to winning the SB again.

Hell, I even saw a thread at the zone already discussing whether the Cowboys will repeat next year...LOLOLOLOL

Speaking of jeri, did anyone watch the NFL network special smooch-fest about that asshole? I couldn't make myself watch, I assume its full of lies and/or gross exaggerations

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Times have not been like the good ol days for a long time, but we are NOTHING like the Cleveland Browns

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hell, I even saw a thread at the zone already discussing whether the Cowboys will repeat next year...OOL
Last I checked they were up in arms at the Zone because Vegas thinks they arent making playoffs (no I didnt post that thread). OP was getting called out as a troll. Good times.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Times have not been like the good ol days for a long time, but we are NOTHING like the Cleveland Browns

The Browns were the dominate team of the 60's, winning multiple championships and then were bought by a jackass deemed to be a marketing genius who ran them into the ground (and then moved the team to cap off his incompetence) and they haven't won anything since

after jeri ran off Jimmy, he's run the team into the ground as well, the only meaningful differences are the time since championships and the Cowboys are still in Dallas, otherwise they're on the same trajectory as long as jeri is above ground and likely long thereafter

Wouldn't surprise me if the Browns see another SB before the Cowboys do

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Browns were the dominate team of the 60's, winning multiple championships and then were bought by a jackass deemed to be a marketing genius who ran them into the ground (and then moved the team to cap off his incompetence) and they haven't won anything since
Unless you actually consider them to be the Ravens, in which case they have been a hell of a lot better.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if the Browns see another SB before the Cowboys do

That is sad and extremely scary thought!

All they need is the right coach. The Eagles were able to turn around the Chip Kelly dumpster fire in two years and win a Super Bowl. So we have recent proof that it can be done

Reaction score

All they need is the right coach. The Eagles were able to turn around the Chip Kelly dumpster fire in two years and win a Super Bowl. So we have recent proof that it can be done

Any teams besides the Cowboys and Bengals have the hope that they can hire a coach one of these years, and hit the jackpot with an overnight rebuild to contender status. Even the Browns could get that lucky, although it looks unlikely to happen year to year. That would hope is enough to get through bad years if you happen to cheer for a team who's GM and Owner are two different people who are not blood related.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I'm going out on a crazy limb here and predicting Cleveland finishes 8-8 or better this season

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm going out on a crazy limb here and predicting Cleveland finishes 8-8 or better this season

I am gonna say 6 games. Hue Jackson should be good for a couple unnecessary losses along the way and probably ends up getting fired. Haslem is another cheap/ bad owner and should have already dumped him after losing 31 of the last 32.

Top Bottom