Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Still nothing that backs what you asserted. Once again, it's:
Garrett and Linehan scouted Dak and told the brass he was 1st round talent and a franchise QB

And nothing else.

You can't dazzle with brilliance, so you're trying to baffle with bullshit. Moving the goal posts and muddying the waters. Pettifogging.

Reaction score
Still nothing that backs what you asserted. Once again, it's:

And nothing else.

You can't dazzle with brilliance, so you're trying to baffle with bullshit. Moving the goal posts and muddying the waters. Pettifogging.

Making big fonts still does discredit anything I posted. Were are your sources that states otherwise.
1. Dak sought the NFL for draft grade as a potential 1st rounder. The man was coming off a Heisman trophy consideration year.
2. Dak was worked out by Garrett, Linehan, and Wilson and they pushed his selection to Jerry Jones who did not know or wanted him.
3. Dak fits the Parcell grading for a 1st round/franchise draft prospect.
4. After multiple interviews and workouts. They confirmed what scouts were saying...he was a 1st round QB talent but the spread offense, and late arrest let his value slide. The Senior Bowl, interview and stellar workouts re-confirmed the Dak Prescott of 2014 that was a 1st round talent. However, after the arrest, his regained draft round grade took a hit but the Cowboys investigated (see L. Collins) and maintain the draft board standing.

If facts dazzle you. Then let the wizardry begin.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Making big fonts still does discredit anything I posted. Were are your sources that states otherwise.
1. Dak sought the NFL for draft grade as a potential 1st rounder. The man was coming off a Heisman trophy consideration year.
2. Dak was worked out by Garrett, Linehan, and Wilson and they pushed his selection to Jerry Jones who did not know or wanted him.
3. Dak fits the Parcell grading for a 1st round/franchise draft prospect.
4. After multiple interviews and workouts. They confirmed what scouts were saying...he was a 1st round QB talent but the spread offense, and late arrest let his value slide. The Senior Bowl, interview and stellar workouts re-confirmed the Dak Prescott of 2014 that was a 1st round talent. However, after the arrest, his regained draft round grade took a hit but the Cowboys investigated (see L. Collins) and maintain the draft board standing.

If facts dazzle you. Then let the wizardry begin.

Still no source for your original claim you now seem to be ignoring.

If it is just supposition by you, why don't you just say so? There's NO WHERE you've pointed that has what you said.
Making big fonts still does discredit anything I posted.
You're right it does discredit, and even without the "big fonts." I gave you the "big fonts" moron, because you seemed to like them YOURSELF.
Were are your sources that states otherwise.
It's not up to me to provide a source for something I have not stated. I have only asked you for your source, that proves your original assertion. Which for the last time was and is:
Garrett and Linehan scouted Dak and told the brass he was 1st round talent and a franchise QB

Now, put up or shut the fuck up. You're getting repetitious and really boring.

Reaction score
More dazzling Brilliance and Wizardry*****:hypt

“It was a coaching staff pick,” one Cowboys source said. “[The personnel staff] can be honest about that. If anyone is most responsible for him being taken, the coaches liked him maybe a little more than the scouts did. [The scouts] thought they already had a Dak on the roster in Jameill Showers.”

It turns out, much to the Cowboys’ delight and surprise, they didn’t have a Dak on the roster. And that they do now has been a well-chronicled bit of good fortune. But it wasn’t all luck. It turns out Dallas did far more homework on Prescott than any other team in the NFL draft. And that’s ultimately why the Cowboys eventually made the selection that everyone else missed.

“Of all the players I’ve coached in my entire career, the Cowboys inquired with me personally more about Dak than any team – and more than any player ever,” Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen said. “I talked to the position coach. I talked to the coordinator. I talked to the head coach"......The same Mullen who went as far as to tell a Dallas scout that Prescott was worthy of being the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.”

Who was driving force that brought Dak Prescott to Cowboys and why did it take so long?

Don't be dazzled by brilliance or wizardry...READ. READ the whole article. It was also on DallasCowboys.com but you can not access old articles on the new website.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Who was driving force that brought Dak Prescott to Cowboys and why did it take so long?

Don't be dazzled by brilliance or wizardry...READ. READ the whole article. It was also on DallasCowboys.com but you can not access old articles on the new website.

You need to READ what you said, and either admit it's just supposition on your part or give us a credible source for it. This ain't it.

You continue to deflect and pettifog. It does not make one fuck if other people have said Dak was a first round talent. Nobody's arguing that!

YOU said Garrett and Linehan told "the brass" that, and you have shown nothing at all that proves it actually happened.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. The original post stated Jones tried to trade up for Lynch.
2. You go look up on DallasCowboys.com
3. Quincy Carter was drafted in the 2nd round by the great GM Jerry Jones. So I would not be building my hopes on anything Jerry Jones is saying when evaluating a player.
4. As far as jumping up and down for a player to be drafted here how it goes: 1. the draft board is set. 2. if a higher round player falls the scouts are called for their input, then position coach, then it goes to be discuss with the scout, position coach/coordinator, head of scouting/personnel or VP of player personnel and the GM. 3. then that fallen player is either selected or a decision is made to draft in a later round or not at all (see Dak 4th round selection). Therefore they did get together to push Jerry to select Dak. They did not push Jerry to select Carter as he had a 4th round grade but Jerry wanted to have Carter on the max term contract (cheap move as usual) for a 2nd round pick. You can go look that up.

So go do your homework, I ain't going do it for you, and you will find out what I posted is factual.

I am still waiting for someone to show proof that I am wrong. So what was the original post about?

This is worthless gibberish which didn't answer the question. Can you show me or anyone where anyone in Dallas, from the scouts, the HC to the OC, had Prescott rated as a first round talent? If not, then all your doing is deflecting to avoid answering and proving a point you yourself made.

So go do your homework, I ain't going do it for you, and you will find out what I posted is factual.

I am still waiting for someone to show proof that I am wrong. So what was the original post about?

Got it. I'll do my homework. Dude, you're so damn stupid that you actually provided a link that disproves your point. This is from the link you provided:

But when the Cowboys put their draft board together, Prescott was the seventh-rated quarterback.

Wentz, Jared Goff and Paxton Lynch made the top three and went in the first round. Connor Cook was Dallas' fourth-rated quarterback, and the Cowboys attempted to trade up in the fourth round to take him only to be thwarted by the Oakland Raiders. Brissett was fifth on Dallas' QB board and went in the third round to the New England Patriots.

The Cowboys had Driskel (sixth) ahead of Prescott on their draft board, but not by much. Their time invested in Prescott was the tiebreaker in selecting him ahead of Driskel, who went in the sixth round to the San Francisco 49ers, was released, and then spent the season on the Cincinnati Bengals’ practice squad.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need to READ what you said, and either admit it's just supposition on your part or give us a credible source for it. This ain't it.

You continue to deflect and pettifog. It does not make one fuck if other people have said Dak was a first round talent. Nobody's arguing that!

YOU said Garrett and Linehan told "the brass" that, and you have shown nothing at all that proves it actually happened.

I don't know anyone who claimed Dak was a first round talent, let alone the HC and OC. I don't even think there were fans that claimed Dak was a first round talent. Even his link claims Dak was the 7th rated QB on their draft board. As for the rest of his post, it's all nonsense. I don't even know why he brought up QC.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Once again, from the article you linked:

Even with the Dallas Cowboys – who took four rounds and a scuttled trade effort to make the right call – there is a lack of clarity concerning where exactly Prescott fit into the draft plans. One team source told Yahoo Sports four quarterbacks drew a better collective grade from the organization – Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook. But another says that six quarterbacks were higher than Prescott on the Dallas draft board – the aforementioned quartet, plus Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel.

Do you even read what you post? Right now, I'm pretty dazzled by your sheer stupidity.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't know anyone who claimed Dak was a first round talent, let alone the HC and OC.
Yeah I'm just, sticking to exactly what he said. Was hoping that keeping it as simple as possible would help. He's already shown his ability to move the goalposts, deflect and obscure without any help.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm just, sticking to exactly what he said. Was hoping that keeping it as simple as possible would help. He's already shown his ability to move the goalposts, deflect and obscure without any help.

Yeah. It's all deflection at this point and he's just spinning his wheels with nonsense. Dak was rated anywhere from the 5th to 7th QB on their board. Even the links he provided state as much. He would have left after the 2014 season if he thought he'd go in the first round but stayed on because, unlike the dolt posting, Dak knew he wasn't going to go in the first round. Dak didn't have his off-field issues until 2016.

And to say we took a shot on the Gimp and Gregory, who failed a drug test, in the second round but we let this first round talent slip all the way to the 4th because of a DUI. Yeah, that makes sense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And to say we took a shot on the Gimp and Gregory, who failed a drug test, in the second round but we let this first round talent slip all the way to the 4th because of a DUI. Yeah, that makes sense.
That kind of stuff is actually points in their favor, for social justice Jerral.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
gawd damn this thread took a hilarious turn, wtf man?
Someone said, "George Bush said the sky was green." Then somebody said, "Show me where he ever said that." Then the dude replied with links showing where Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, twelve hack writers and Barack Obama said that. Then we were like, "Fucking show me where GEORGE BUSH said that!" And the fuck just responds with more links of OTHER PEOPLE saying that and tells us, "reading is fundamental."

That's "wtf man."

Reaction score
I challenge any nonsense poster that is going to state I need to prove something when they have not posted anything to the contrary.

The bottom line is the coaching staff pushed to get Dak to be a Cowboy and not Jerry Jones or the scouting department. Denver had a 2nd round grade on him and of course had no interest after beating Jones for Lynch in the trade. Coaches had 1st-2nd rounder on him after Senior Bowl impression and workouts. But scouts had 4th round grades on him (see spread offense, 2015 season, and arrest). Under McClay the draft board is kept clean but it was influenced as Dak was taken ahead of other higher rated QBs on the Cowboys draft board.

Because some poster don't understand and try to not read to understand does not allow them to just take and excerpt of an overall conclusive fact and twist it for their self gratification. I am not going to take their laziness to fact check the overall well known fact and point of my post to let someone intimidate me with ...SOURCE.

I am still waiting for someone to show me the opposite SOURCE. Where is the SOURCE? Nobody posting is this website is inside the Dallas Cowboys Organization. We all read and read between the lines and make our opinions (at least I read).

It just so happens I have more than the preponderance of evidence in my favor that Garrett, Linehan, and Wilson wanted Dak. Cowboys bad 2015 season allowed them the honor of coaching the Senior Bowl. Found out they had a 1st round franchise QB under radar (see orginal post regarding Parcells QB draft qualifications). Cowboys Lucked up that Denver made the Lynch trade (Denver had Dak high on their board). Cowboys got a Lucky break of back up QB ankle (Moore) that allowed Dak to show the MSU HC, the Cowboys HC, the Cowboys OC, and Cowboys QB Coach were right that Dak Prescott was a 1st round-2nd round graded QB based on 2014 performance and should have maintained that status in 2015 if not the MSU drop in wins and the DUI arrest.

Jones had to be talked of the Johnny Manziel ledge, the Paxton Lynch hype, and let the Cowboy prayers work a miracle to land Dak Prescott in Dallas. So give me a break about a source quote exactly the obvious. If you can not figure that easy realization you will not figure out how the Cowboys are going to be a playoff team in 2018. It will not be Zeke or Dak's fault if the playoffs do not happen. That is the main point of the original post for the dense, the intimidated, and the naive.

So never "Source" me again unless you are employed by the Dallas Cowboys in the scouting or coaching department and reply to my post with your email address and phone number. Because your just a fan with a opinion just like me. State you opinion give your facts if you have them and move on. Don't reply with "Source" unless you hire me as a reporter, you are the editor and chief, and pay me a whole lot more than I am making now.

By the way what is wrong with the website?????:)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I challenge any nonsense poster that is going to state I need to prove something when they have not posted anything to the contrary... I am still waiting for someone to show me the opposite SOURCE
Then, you're simply stupid. When you state something as fact, it is entirely up to YOU to back that up with something proving it. It's NOT up to anyone else to "prove me wrong." That's a classic deflection fallacy.
The bottom line is the coaching staff pushed to get Dak to be a Cowboy and not Jerry Jones or the scouting department....It just so happens I have more than the preponderance of evidence in my favor that Garrett, Linehan, and Wilson wanted Dak.
Nobody's arguing THAT and it is NOT what you fucking SAID.
So never "Source" me again unless you are employed by the Dallas Cowboys in the scouting or coaching department and reply to my post with your email address and phone number. Because your just a fan with a opinion just like me. State you opinion give your facts if you have them and move on. Don't reply with "Source" unless you hire me as a reporter, you are the editor and chief, and pay me a whole lot more than I am making now.
You are GOING TO BE CALLED OUT FOR A SOURCE when you post something as a fact when we all know it is NOT a fact! If you don't like that, we have a innovative thing called a "log out" button here. USE it and never come back! Your shit WILL BE challenged here. THAT is a fact.

When all you have to do is, admit it's your OPINION based on supposition. NOT fact.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I challenge any nonsense poster that is going to state I need to prove something when they have not posted anything to the contrary.

The bottom line is the coaching staff pushed to get Dak to be a Cowboy and not Jerry Jones or the scouting department. Denver had a 2nd round grade on him and of course had no interest after beating Jones for Lynch in the trade. Coaches had 1st-2nd rounder on him after Senior Bowl impression and workouts. But scouts had 4th round grades on him (see spread offense, 2015 season, and arrest). Under McClay the draft board is kept clean but it was influenced as Dak was taken ahead of other higher rated QBs on the Cowboys draft board.

Because some poster don't understand and try to not read to understand does not allow them to just take and excerpt of an overall conclusive fact and twist it for their self gratification. I am not going to take their laziness to fact check the overall well known fact and point of my post to let someone intimidate me with ...SOURCE.

I am still waiting for someone to show me the opposite SOURCE. Where is the SOURCE? Nobody posting is this website is inside the Dallas Cowboys Organization. We all read and read between the lines and make our opinions (at least I read).

It just so happens I have more than the preponderance of evidence in my favor that Garrett, Linehan, and Wilson wanted Dak. Cowboys bad 2015 season allowed them the honor of coaching the Senior Bowl. Found out they had a 1st round franchise QB under radar (see orginal post regarding Parcells QB draft qualifications). Cowboys Lucked up that Denver made the Lynch trade (Denver had Dak high on their board). Cowboys got a Lucky break of back up QB ankle (Moore) that allowed Dak to show the MSU HC, the Cowboys HC, the Cowboys OC, and Cowboys QB Coach were right that Dak Prescott was a 1st round-2nd round graded QB based on 2014 performance and should have maintained that status in 2015 if not the MSU drop in wins and the DUI arrest.

Jones had to be talked of the Johnny Manziel ledge, the Paxton Lynch hype, and let the Cowboy prayers work a miracle to land Dak Prescott in Dallas. So give me a break about a source quote exactly the obvious. If you can not figure that easy realization you will not figure out how the Cowboys are going to be a playoff team in 2018. It will not be Zeke or Dak's fault if the playoffs do not happen. That is the main point of the original post for the dense, the intimidated, and the naive.

By the way what is wrong with the website?????:)

LOL

thank you sir, I can now clearly see the source was your ass

pulled it right out of there did ya?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
reading thru this thread is like watching a car accident in slow motion

Top Bottom