hobie286

Spectator
Reaction score
I plan on going to training camp in oxnard this year. I notice that the days I want to go that it is military appreciation day. Will I still be allowed in to watch practice?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I can't imagine why. Only way I would consider it is if I lived nearby.

Welcome to :theu

I can understand why a fan would wanna go. Im sure it can be a lotta fun. But I can understand why you wouldnt want to go as well. Ive never been as sour on my team as Ive been the last few years with the Red Clappin Clown remaining as our HC. Two plus decades of futility and no end in sight with Red at the helm.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can understand why a fan would wanna go. Im sure it can be a lotta fun. But I can understand why you wouldnt want to go as well. Ive never been as sour on my team as Ive been the last few years with the Red Clappin Clown remaining as our HC. Two plus decades of futility and no end in sight with Red at the helm.

Reminds me of my "Mediocreville" song I recorded a few years back.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Anywhere we can listen to that?

I posted it here a couplathree years ago. It's just a parody of Jimmy Buffett's hit. Last verse still cracks me up, and there's also bitching between some of the verses and at the end.

Last verse goes like this here:

I took off my flip-flop
Threw it at carrot top
Cuz the Dallas coach is a cheerleading fool
We just missed a field goal
We won't make the super bowl
And why he's clapping I haven't a clue

EDIT: I parked it on my server here, click to play or stream.

www.eipnetworks.com/mediocreville.mp3

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did you guys see that interview with Dak where he was talking about spreading the ball around? He mentioned my boi Lance Lenoir LOL. Anyway I think it may be a tough year but its make or break for Dak. No big results no contract !! At least I hope.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Training Camp

I wanted to make TC last season but couldn’t work it out with my schedule. It looks like this year might be a little easier to make it happen.

So I’m hoping to be able to make it out to camp this season.

As for those asking why anyone would want to attend the Cowboys training camp.....

Not all Cowboy fans live in Texas and can make it to a game without spending thousands of dollars to do so to fly in from out of state, pay for the tickets, hotels, and everything else involved.

We can’t just drive an hour to make it to a game like those who live in Texas can. But we can drive an hour to make it to training camp during this time of year.

For us that live in CA this is the best access we can get to the team other then planning a trip to Texas for a game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wanted to make TC last season but couldn’t work it out with my schedule. It looks like this year might be a little easier to make it happen.

So I’m hoping to be able to make it out to camp this season.

As for those asking why anyone would want to attend the Cowboys training camp.....

Not all Cowboy fans live in Texas and can make it to a game without spending thousands of dollars to do so to fly in from out of state, pay for the tickets, hotels, and everything else involved.

We can’t just drive an hour to make it to a game like those who live in Texas can. But we can drive an hour to make it to training camp during this time of year.

For us that live in CA this is the best access we can get to the team other then planning a trip to Texas for a game.
So again I ask, why? Why the hell would anyone go to camp, or most especially any of the games? Continuing to reward Jerry for his football malpractice.

I'd have a 6 hour drive to make a home game. But that ain't why I never go anymore. When I used to go it was by this thing we have here in Texas called a jet aeroplane.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Training Camp

None of my money is going to Jerry

It’s $15 parking fee and admission is free. I sure as hell ain’t gonna buy any merchandise so Jeruh ain’t getting a shit from me! (Unless he gets a cut of the parking)

The only thing it’s going to cost me is the parking fee and gas money to get there.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
None of my money is going to Jerry

It’s $15 parking fee and admission is free. I sure as hell ain’t gonna buy any merchandise so Jeruh ain’t getting a shit from me! (Unless he gets a cut of the parking)

The only thing it’s going to cost me is the parking fee and gas money to get there.

You'll be one of the saps he sees thronging to camp, convincing him further he can do no wrong. Big crowds in camp just reinforce him.

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
Well done (the song Mediocreville) and every bit of it can be replaced with Mike Brown just as easily..
I have to admit though that the term mediocre is possibly the most overused word among fans of stuggling teams. Some don't even rise to the level of mediocre. Hell, in Cleveland their super bowl every year is the number one pick in the draft.. lol

Last edited:

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
You guys do realize that buy buying team merchandise such as jerseys, etc. you're paying for the honor of doing free advertising for the team owner, right?
My dad made a good living in the advertising business and he was absolutely loathed to see grown men wearing team jerseys. I'm kind of the same way. If a team wants me to advertise for them I'd be glad to if I'm getting paid for it, but I'd be damned if I'd ever walk around town wearing a free advertisement that I paid to wear.. lol

Think about it for a moment..imagine wearing a Walmart jersey with the names of Walmart greeters on the back and paying for the jersey..
I have a small business making and selling cat traps (yeah, they actually do sell amazingly enough)..I should sell cat trap jerseys with my name on the back and have people clamoring for the right to advertise for free for me.

My cat traps for catching feral cats in the neighborhood.. https://imageshack.com/i/plSdLVjNj
If someone had suggested that I sell cat traps a year ago I'd have thought they were insane, but they sell pretty good.

Last edited:

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You guys do realize that buy buying team merchandise such as jerseys, etc. you're paying for the honor of doing free advertising for the team owner, right?
My dad made a good living in the advertising business and he was absolutely loathed to see grown men wearing team jerseys. I'm kind of the same way. If a team wants me to advertise for them I'd be glad to if I'm getting paid for it, but I'd be damned if I'd ever walk around town wearing a free advertisement that I paid to wear.. lol

Think about it for a moment..imagine wearing a Walmart jersey with the names of Walmart greeters on the back and paying for the jersey..
I have a small business making and selling cat traps (yeah, they actually do sell amazingly enough)..I should sell cat trap jerseys with my name on the back and have people clamoring for the right to advertise for free for me.

My cat traps for catching feral cats in the neighborhood.. ImageShack - 1529604741460-586.jpg
If someone had suggested that I sell cat traps a year ago I'd have thought they were insane, but they sell pretty good.

How is the cat trap different than the old metal cage traps people have been buying at hardware stores for years?

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
Price..The metal traps run around $70. I'm selling mine for far less.. I was selling them for $20.. I'm going online with them soon @ $40 ea..
I'm not exactly trying to get rich quick with them.. lol

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My brother was talking with Todd Williams earlier, and has agreed to get a Costa booth set up at TC. I may go and help him work it, but my baby will be due anytime at that point, so I doubt I can actually go. Ugh.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My brother was talking with Todd Williams earlier, and has agreed to get a Costa booth set up at TC. I may go and help him work it, but my baby will be due anytime at that point, so I doubt I can actually go. Ugh.

Who's Todd Williams and whats a Costa booth?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Price..The metal traps run around $70. I'm selling mine for far less.. I was selling them for $20.. I'm going online with them soon @ $40 ea..
I'm not exactly trying to get rich quick with them.. lol

How do u make money at $20 a pop? Wood, time, etc.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How do u make money at $20 a pop? Wood, time, etc.
I think he said he WAS charging $20 for them, in context I read this as his price for family and friends? He says he is going online selling them for $40.

Still, I don't see much margin there even at 40.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I think he said he WAS charging $20 for them, in context I read this as his price for family and friends? He says he is going online selling them for $40.

Still, I don't see much margin there even at 40.

I was just curious. If he's buying the lumber at a local store I cant imagine a tremendous profit. Maybe its not about profit. Maybe he has the wood already and using scrap and leftover pieces from other things.

Top Bottom