Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently the injuries to Martin and Fred are impacting the "dress rehearsal" game vs Arizona.

No Zeke and no Prescott Sunday night. Probably the smart/prudent move but I was looking forward to seeing them.

At this point I’m good with bubble wrapping all of our starters

We don’t have the depth at any position to survive one of them getting injured

I’m fine with seeing the back up and back ups back ups fight it out for a roster spot the rest of the preseason

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At this point I’m good with bubble wrapping all of our starters

We don’t have the depth at any position to survive one of them getting injured

I’m fine with seeing the back up and back ups back ups fight it out for a roster spot the rest of the preseason

I don't think Cooper or White are looking forward to 60 mins of Chaz Green

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently Tyrone Crawford has been moved inside to DT, Taco Charlton is now running 1st team at RDE. This is definitely a positive move IMO. Randy Gregory was 1st team RDE in nickel D.

Also reading the updates from today padded practice, Prescott has connected on numerous deep throws to WR's. Also good news.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dak got sacked twice before stepping on the practice field:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How to prepare a team 101, by Jason Garrett.

Play 4 preseason games, have your starting offense play exactly ZERO snaps together.

This defense better be ready to flat out suffocate people this year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Raiders just traded Ryan Switzer to The Steelers
74a789a7455f4ca05abaf0d43f09695c.png

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
thats interesting, wonder what the issue is with Switzer, teams seem ready and willing to part with him quickly

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
thats interesting, wonder what the issue is with Switzer, teams seem ready and willing to part with him quickly

So much for Oakland "using him properly." But actually they did, they converted a 6th round pick to a 5th by trading him. Hell of a lot better than WE did with him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing

I thought it was a mistake for us to trade him. But if Gruden doesn’t see enough in him to keep him around I feel a better about us trading him away

I trust Gruden to Evaluate a player much more than I trust Carrot top

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I trust Gruden to Evaluate a player much more than I trust Carrot top
And remember, our ST coach from last year is Oakland's ST coach this year, Rich Beotchi, who loved Switzer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And remember, our ST coach from last year is Oakland's ST coach this year, Rich Beotchi, who loved Switzer.

Exactly

That’s what I’m saying

This has to come from the HC and not his ST Coach. He’s the reason he ended up in Oakland in the first place.

Switzer didn’t strike me as a dumbass so I’m curious why teams keep kicking the van down the line

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Switzer didn’t strike me as a dumbass

Can't see how, if you watched his idiot antics in meetings and on the sideline on that Amazon program. And his interview in his house with his wife? He came across to me as 100 percent chucklehead.

Beotchi is the exact brand of slacker dumbass, so it's obvious why he likes Switzer and wanted him at Oakland.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So much for Oakland "using him properly." But actually they did, they converted a 6th round pick to a 5th by trading him. Hell of a lot better than WE did with him.

Well at least they cut bait quickly, makes me wonder how bad this guy must be considering a guy like Chaz Green is still on the team

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well at least they cut bait quickly, makes me wonder how bad this guy must be considering a guy like Chaz Green is still on the team

Wasted a 3rd on Chaz and a 4th on Switzer.

But we draft great.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

His problem is he can’t play WR in the NFL and sucks even worse as a kick/punt returner. He had negative yardage as a return man this preseason.

Top Bottom