MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Can't see how, if you watched his idiot antics in meetings and on the sideline on that Amazon program. And his interview in his house with his wife? He came across to me as 100 percent chucklehead.

Beotchi is the exact brand of slacker dumbass, so it's obvious why he likes Switzer and wanted him at Oakland.

Supposedly Witten’s comments a couple of months ago about how’s some of today’s generation of players are sometimes really effected by what’s said about them on social media was about him. About how his confidence was shook when fans said how much he sucks. So he might just be a very weak minded person.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Supposedly Witten’s comments a couple of months ago about how’s some of today’s generation of players are sometimes really effected by what’s said about them on social media was about him.
Mentally weak. Chaz epitomizes this. About as mentally tough as a 13 Y/O girl. He has a lot of company though.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So Chaz (the Door Mat) Green is a lock to start now.

Hell, he’s the best backup OL on the team right now. But I mean, how can we have expected Red to have developed some decent backup O-linemen, he’s only been here a decade.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry Jones on @1053thefan said Travis Frederick received good news yesterday from the second opinion he got on his neck. Jones expects Frederick and Zack Martin to play Week 1

— Jon Machota (@**********) August 21, 2018​

To me that’s part of the problem. These fools don’t prepare for the worst. They’re going into the season expecting Fredrick to start. So what happens if he doesn’t or if he plays 1 game and then is out for an extended period of time? It’s ok to hope for the best but these idiots never prepare for the worst.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
he’s only been here a decade.
Yeah and we have thread dedicated to the constant embarrassment he brings to the franchise via stats and records, the one thing that stands out is one playoff win in 7.5 years. The bar is set so low now that it is below ground.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This guy is starting to have the look of a future Walmart greeter.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
To me that’s part of the problem. These fools don’t prepare for the worst. They’re going into the season expecting Fredrick to start. So what happens if he doesn’t or if he plays 1 game and then is out for an extended period of time? It’s ok to hope for the best but these idiots never prepare for the worst.

But there's nothing wrong with Looney at center from what we saw last night. Otherwise point taken, "hope is a plan" and all.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Looney looks like a decent backup at C to me. Marcus Martin might have been too but he got injured and is gone for the year.

You cant have a roster of all pros backing up all pros.

That said, it doesn't make up for the ineptitude at the backup T spots, or the safety problem. (and now the obvious backup QB problem)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Injuries have shuffled the roster again.

The Dallas Cowboys are heading into their fourth preseason game, the one when the starters rest and the backups get another opportunity to show they are worthy of a spot on the 53-man roster. As such, new starting center Joe Looney might be rested as he’s expected to take over for Travis Frederick in the regular season until Frederick recovers from his bout with Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

The problem with that scenario is the backup center to Looney, Dustin Stanton, injured his knee in Sunday’s game against the Bengals. The Cowboys need help as Jacob Ohnesorge, who was just signed about a week ago, looks primed to handle the snapping duties. Additionally, reserve tackle Korren Kirven was also injured. So the Cowboys needed to make some moves.

The Cowboys have signed offensive linemen Matt Diaz and Kyle Bosch with Dustin Stanton (knee) and Korren Kirven (calf) suffering injuries last Sunday. Diaz spent time with Tennessee; Bosch was with Carolina. With the starters not playing Thursday against Houston, this is mostly about having depth this week.

Kyle Bosch signed a contract with the Carolina Panthers after going undrafted out of West Virginia. He spent time mostly at guard during his college career. Matt Diaz played at Wagner and signed with the Tennessee Titans as a free agent, he is a tackle.

It looks like one of the reserve guards will be tasked with helping backup at center, since the position is perilously thin right now, especially if Looney is rested.

Dustin Stanton and Korren Kirven were released to make room.

The two guys that got hurt are out Joe Porter on Twitter: "The Cowboys need to make a move to get these players on the roster right? What do you think the move(s) will be?… "

— Todd Archer (@toddarcher) August 28, 2018​

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I see a lot of screen passes in our immediate future...

They've been executing those really well this preseason, that's for sure.

Having Zeke on the receiving end of those is going to create a lot of big plays.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They've been executing those really well this preseason, that's for sure.

Having Zeke on the receiving end of those is going to create a lot of big plays.

I well remember back when that's all we really had, screens and dumpoffs to Hershel Walker. Along with his ball carrying. Zeke has that same air of danger for defenses that Walker had. Can take it to The House on any given touch.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I well remember back when that's all we really had, screens and dumpoffs to Hershel Walker. Along with his ball carrying. Zeke has that same air of danger for defenses that Walker had. Can take it to The House on any given touch.

Some of it will be the by-product of our WR and TE situation, but I really do believe if Zeke stays healthy and plays in all the games, that he leads the team in receptions this year. 60-70+ catches wont surprise me in the least.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this doesnt mean shit but i would love ramsey in dallas because of the player and because of the implications after reading his comments:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ according to ramsey,

jerry can still put his foot down if he wants to ... stevie and will mcclay be damned

Top Bottom