chris7426

Spectator
Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan since the mid 80's but I have never had an opportunity to see them play live as we live near Buffalo and only have a real chance to see them once every 4 years(if they come to Buffalo). For Father's Day, my wife got us tickets to see the Cowboys vs Redskins at FedEx Field on October 21st. She chose that game even though going to Philly was a 2 hour less drive but she didn't want us to have to contend with Eagles fans.

Anyone know how the Redskins fans are in regards to Cowboys fans? I would expect the usual verbal bashing but would there be a worry that anything worse would happen if we were in Cowboys gear?

Thanks.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You'll be fine. There will be a lotta blue jerseys in that stadium so you will be among friends. Skins fans talk and will be super hyped and talking garbage if they are ahead during the game or win. But I can tell u there is nothing better than walking out of their place after a Cowboys win and high fiving and having a great time with all the other Cowboy fans. And the best part is looking at all the totally dejected Skins fans.

Ive been there plenty of times. My parents live very close to the stadium so its a great road trip for me. If u have any specific questions just ask. I lived in that area for 30 years.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, very good to hear.

A couple of other things. Parking can be crazy there. Its a mess. I dont know what u feel comfortable spending but research the parking. Traffic around that stadium and the Beltway is bad for games. Ive had the best experience paying to park close to the stadium. So it would be good if u could get a parking pass ahead of time but the Skins fans that sell them want premium dollar.

I know u said u got ur tickets already but I will add, the upper deck sucks at that stadium. I wouldnt sit up there if it was free. Its too high and away from the field.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The other day somebody was talking on the radio about how the 4skins no longer have a season ticket waiting list and in fact attendance has been on the decline. 4skin fans reasons for not going to games same as everybody else: Bad product, high prices, despised owner. My point being that there will be many Cowboy fans there because Cowboy fans seem to show better support on the road. Here is a tweet from Dec to illustrate this point.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The other day somebody was talking on the radio about how the 4skins no longer have a season ticket waiting list and in fact attendance has been on the decline. 4skin fans reasons for not going to games same as everybody else: Bad product, high prices, despised owner. My point being that there will be many Cowboy fans there because Cowboy fans seem to show better support on the road. Here is a tweet from Dec to illustrate this point.

Danny Boy Snyder is a money grubbing Hebrew that has done nothing but turn people off. Its amazing that the two worst owners in pro sports are so close together. Danny, and Peter Angelos the Orioles owner.

chris7426

Spectator
Reaction score
All good news, we are sitting in the 220 section on the visitors side and thankfully not in the nose bleed section.

Thanks for the tip about parking, hadn't considered it yet.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan since the mid 80's but I have never had an opportunity to see them play live as we live near Buffalo and only have a real chance to see them once every 4 years(if they come to Buffalo). For Father's Day, my wife got us tickets to see the Cowboys vs Redskins at FedEx Field on October 21st. She chose that game even though going to Philly was a 2 hour less drive but she didn't want us to have to contend with Eagles fans.

Anyone know how the Redskins fans are in regards to Cowboys fans? I would expect the usual verbal bashing but would there be a worry that anything worse would happen if we were in Cowboys gear?

Thanks.

Good choice in not going to see them play the Eagles. I've never once considered it and it's the closest stadium to me. But was Giants stadium not an option? I can't see that being much further from Buffalo than Philly. I've watched the Cowboys there on many occasions, and even once watched them stomp the Jets. The fans there are excitable but civil. No problems parking, except finding your car in that lot might be a problem if you're not careful. Just something to consider in the future.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
All good news, we are sitting in the 220 section on the visitors side and thankfully not in the nose bleed section.

Thanks for the tip about parking, hadn't considered it yet.

Do u know where ur staying? Some areas are good and some arent.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Good choice in not going to see them play the Eagles. I've never once considered it and it's the closest stadium to me. But was Giants stadium not an option? I can't see that being much further from Buffalo than Philly. I've watched the Cowboys there on many occasions, and even once watched them stomp the Jets. The fans there are excitable but civil. No problems parking, except finding your car in that lot might be a problem if you're not careful. Just something to consider in the future.

Ive seen the Cowboys 3 times in Philly but all at the Vet. Yea the fans are idiots but I didnt have any real issues. Maybe worse now and at the new stadium.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You will be fine at ANY stadium (including philly) as long as you don't act stupid. I've been to SF, SD, Seattle, Cleveland, StL, and Denver. I never had a problem at any if those places. Just don't act stupid. I've seen people at our stadium get beat up for acting dumb. Hell, I almost fought a dude in the bathroom at the Cowboys/packers playoff game 2 years ago for yelling, "where is TONY HOMO". I don't play that shit.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You will be fine at ANY stadium (including philly) as long as you don't act stupid. I've been to SF, SD, Seattle, Cleveland, StL, and Denver. I never had a problem at any if those places.
In fact my best NFL experience by far was at the old and decrepit Milwaukee County Stadium in October '91 to watch my Cowboys slowly suffocate the Pack in their annual charity game. (Emmitt Smith carried 32 times for 122 yards and Troy-Boy went 31 out of 41 for 287 yds and a TD pass to Novacek for a 102 passer rating.) The beer was cold, the hot dogs great, and the fans were cool even after myself and my friend, fully decked out in our Cowboys gear, stood up after the Novacek TD yelling, "PACKER BACKERS, MEET THE PACKER WHACKERS!" (The score was now 14-0 and we foolishly thought the rout was on.)

Four chicks who were at the game together and sitting behind us, invited us out after the game for some pool and munchies, and drinks at the Green Bay Roadhouse in nearby Kenosha. We had a blast. Wisconsin girls really really like Texas boys, it turns out.

chris7426

Spectator
Reaction score

My wife thought about getting tickets at Giants stadium but they don't play there until 12/30 and it wasn't really an option due to the time of the year. Washington works great because we are going a day early and can visit the DC area.

BennyM08

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi.

Following on from the very first thread. I'm from the UK and been a life long Cowboys fan since the mid 80s. I'm travelling to Dallas in November to attend the Thanksgiving Day game against Washington. This will be my first trip to a Cowboys home game! Long overdue!
I'm staying in downtown Dallas and I've been enquiring about getting to and from the stadium? So far it appears that there are no direct rail or bus shuttle services? Is this correct? The hotel I'm staying at suggested uber! I've also found a link to a fans rally bus but that depends on numbers and you get to the venue about 4 hours before kick off. Not that this is a problem as I'm sure there will be plenty to see and do! However any help from cowboys fans would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and

How bout them cowboys!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hi.

Following on from the very first thread. I'm from the UK and been a life long Cowboys fan since the mid 80s. I'm travelling to Dallas in November to attend the Thanksgiving Day game against Washington. This will be my first trip to a Cowboys home game! Long overdue!
I'm staying in downtown Dallas and I've been enquiring about getting to and from the stadium? So far it appears that there are no direct rail or bus shuttle services? Is this correct? The hotel I'm staying at suggested uber! I've also found a link to a fans rally bus but that depends on numbers and you get to the venue about 4 hours before kick off. Not that this is a problem as I'm sure there will be plenty to see and do! However any help from cowboys fans would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and

How bout them cowboys!

Just take Uber so you don’t have to rely on any other source of transportation that could be problematic.

Uber is quick, easy, painless, and affordable. I always use it when I’m out of town because it’s always reliable and cheap! Plus it will put you door to door and typically save you the possibility of a long walk

BennyM08

Spectator
Reaction score
Many thanks for your advice! The stadium and hotel have also suggested uber! I have stumbled upon a cowboys fans rally bus that operates from various pick up points in downtown Dallas. $30 for return ticket! Does anyone recommended this as a good option?

Top Bottom