theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Also beer thread where guys spent all their time braiding each others hair and giving each other back rubs wore real thin after a while. If people are coming just to do that shit, probably not the place for em.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also beer thread where guys spent all their time braiding each others hair and giving each other back rubs wore real thin after a while. If people are coming just to do that shit, probably not the place for em.

Yep I'd much rather have 2 substantive topical posts a day TOTAL, than have even 5000 posts of that inane infantile shit.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what's the deal? Why is this place getting nothing, as far as traffic? Is it the cheapness of it? You gotta hit "TOP" and then hit "DALLAS COWBOYS FORUM" to get back and refresh the forum, like a schlep? I know... pretty amateur.

But is that the problem? Is there more? Is it exposure? That's usually the main deal... I know.
Okay - what do we do?

It's the off-season and not a whole lot to discuss. Truth be told, if you go over to CZ you get the dumbest and gayest threads ever conceived....like "how much money for Jeff Swaim next year?" I mean, really? Or "why we don't run a lead draw." Or "all roads lead to Gallup" where we get the revelation that we're remaking the WR group.

If we'd have hundreds of dumb idiots starting dumb threads, then we'd have more activity. These poor saps wouldn't last more than a few posts here.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It's the off-season and not a whole lot to discuss. Truth be told, if you go over to CZ you get the dumbest and gayest threads ever conceived....like "how much money for Jeff Swaim next year?" I mean, really? Or "why we don't run a lead draw." Or "all roads lead to Gallup" where we get the revelation that we're remaking the WR group.

If we'd have hundreds of dumb idiots starting dumb threads, then we'd have more activity. These poor saps wouldn't last more than a few posts here.

Or the "Do You ReSign Dez If Ur The GM?" thread

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or the "Do You ReSign Dez If Ur The GM?" thread

I was going to mention that one too Red. I haven't posted there in a long time. I just can't stand the over the top homerism that permeates that place. It's not worth the key strokes to communicate with some of those guys.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Notice I said it wasnt too negative for me.

I hear you. Just saying that sometimes the negativity angle is overplayed. There's plenty of support and positive posts for guys like Dak and others.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Yep I am older than dirt. When I say old and cranky I aint kiddin. Go back to tail end of Jeff and Hazel's baby boy as QB for this franchise. The only thing a Pinto and the equally shitty and dangerous Vega were good for were dragsters and dirt track modified bodies. If you used em as daily transportation, you best have the auto club on speed dial.
Hell, you've got to toss the Corvair in there, made Consumer Reports a reality for Nader.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
In order to get more activity, you need to invite it. On the Zone, that Off Topic area gets almost as much action and there are posters in there that I rarely saw out in gen pop. It's got to be more than just the Cowboys because there's just so much any of us can say about that.

I think this site is basically an unknown to a lot of people and if they drifted through as I did, once upon a time, and didn't get a lot of action, they just cruised on.

I know that a lot of us built our own thing on DC.com and there was a lot of looking the other way by the mods, if not downright participation because we were all having fun. Didn't matter what we were discussing, we were one upping and building fun, block by block.

One of the challenges is the time factor and some just don't have enough to screw around, they want to talk some Boys and ball and they're on to their obligations. I am more "said all I have to say about that", let's get some new shit going.

It is tough when your forum family gets broken up because I know that's never going to be the same again, it is lightning in a bottle. But that doesn't mean we can't contribute and build something again but it does take effort and time.

I use these forums as therapy. I don't have any friends where I moved to and really don't want to be friends with people that think music died with either Elvis or the Beatles break up and I do have adult ADD so this helps me in rifle shot focus but then I'll drift into shotgun and turn loose but I am harmless but I am like that old warrior they let live on the edge of the reservation because they're not sure about his sanity. Don't go turning your back when your wimmen, whiskey or Jokes for the John books are laying around.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In order to get more activity, you need to invite it.
Except, we really don't give a shit about "activity." It's not a goal, it's not a desire or even a want. It's not what the site is about.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I hear you. Just saying that sometimes the negativity angle is overplayed. There's plenty of support and positive posts for guys like Dak and others.

The negativity angle is perception by deniers of reality.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My great grandfather had a red Corvair and loved it.

I was almost killed in one as a baby. He and Nader were correct. It was a highly dangerous shit box. I shake my head when I see people who have rescued them and made them their pride and joy classic car.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what's the deal? Why is this place getting nothing, as far as traffic? Is it the cheapness of it? You gotta hit "TOP" and then hit "DALLAS COWBOYS FORUM" to get back and refresh the forum, like a schlep? I know... pretty amateur.

But is that the problem? Is there more? Is it exposure? That's usually the main deal... I know.
Okay - what do we do?

to piggy back on dooms post to you about instant internet gratification.....

rynie who posts here has insider knowledge. i dunno if this guy talks to the fuckin hot dog vendors or to stevie jones himself, but when rynie says something, its going to happen. he predicted the gregory suspensions, the witten retirement, and more stuff but thats all i can remember atm

and if you win the who you got during the season, you get a championship belt avatar !!!!!!!!!

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Except, we really don't give a shit about "activity." It's not a goal, it's not a desire or even a want. It's not what the site is about.
You don't want more members interacting? I was recruited by another from another Cowboys site so some members here are looking for some more activity or they wouldn't recruit.

I started a thread about what is this site about and that was a real question. Maybe your definition of "activity" is different from mine? Do you not want new posters to come into these forums and contribute? The reason I ask is that I was going to invite some of my clan that migrated from DC.com to CZ to check this out as they're some funny posters over there.

Most do not hang out and interact in the main forum because of the insulting nature that they allow to fester there. Some are not on board with all the positive Pollyanna "the sun will come out tomorrow" bullshit and instead of debating the points with positives, they just hammer on the poster for being negative. Then openly discuss their dislike for the poster.

That was new to me because the mods on the old DC.com were good at getting the posters to argue the points not the poster, at least they focused on that. The Zone seems more like it is run by the team than DC.com did but I did not frequent the News Forum of DC.com.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I was almost killed in one as a baby. He and Nader were correct. It was a highly dangerous shit box. I shake my head when I see people who have rescued them and made them their pride and joy classic car.
One of my wife's classmates was one of the first victims that brought all of the attention down on that car. Minor fender bender turned into a gas tank explosion and she burned to death. Nader showed up in Little Rock 2 days later.

There were quite a few Corvairs being driven by high school kids, including my wife who I had yet to meet. Her Dad contacted the dealer and over the course of several years, they were given either the money back or credit toward another vehicle under the condition that not go public about it. GM knew they had made death traps and were already doing damage control before Nader had his full effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom