Corso

Spectator
Reaction score
So what's the deal? Why is this place getting nothing, as far as traffic? Is it the cheapness of it? You gotta hit "TOP" and then hit "DALLAS COWBOYS FORUM" to get back and refresh the forum, like a schlep? I know... pretty amateur.

But is that the problem? Is there more? Is it exposure? That's usually the main deal... I know.
Okay - what do we do?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Plenty of posters have come here and for whatever reason couldnt handle the lack of moderation and freedom. A few stepped in shit and when the mods didnt bail em out, they ran off like little bitches. I dont get it but have seen it happen multiple times.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Good topic. Prob varying opinions. But my guess would be its TOO NEGATIVE around here. Not to me, I see it as acknowledging reality. And the Cowboys 23 year track record is nothing but negative. But most people have a hard time facing reality.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Plenty of posters have come here and for whatever reason couldnt handle the lack of moderation and freedom. A few stepped in shit and when the mods didnt bail em out, they ran off like little bitches. I dont get it but have seen it happen multiple times.

We have an entire society of weak minded individuals that cant handle anything but their own perspective even if shown to be total BS. No ability to process real information and be objective.

Corso

Spectator
Reaction score

I already get it.
And cool with it. I enjoy the premise.
I just now want this place more active.

It's... sleepy, with sporadics.

This team can't be too hard to get people drawn in...

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good topic. Prob varying opinions. But my guess would be its TOO NEGATIVE around here.
Add the super fan syndrome. There is probably a Ford Pinto forum somewhere in cyber space when bringing up the inconvenient fact that a firey death awaits if you get rear ended, is frowned upon.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I already get it.
And cool with it. I enjoy the premise.
I just now want this place more active.

It's... sleepy, with sporadics.

This team can't be too hard to get people drawn in...

OK but at the Zone for example it is the same topics over and over and the same assholes defending, the Jones, Garrett, keeping Marinelli, the drafting of Jaylon Smith as the 34th pic in the draft, etc. We disagree plenty but if you can defend your position with some facts you will be all right.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's not at all the place to get your instant gratification dopamine fix from, as far as online interaction goes. Sometimes on game days it can get hectic, but not often.

The ameoba beer thread crowd at cz calls this place "Alcatraz" and that's fitting and I like it. An unmodern archaic facility filled with the baddest of the bad. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Corso

Spectator
Reaction score
OK but at the Zone for example it is the same topics over and over and the same assholes defending, the Jones, Garrett, keeping Marinelli, the drafting of Jaylon Smith as the 34th pic in the draft, etc. We disagree plenty but if you can defend your position with some facts you will be all right.

I feel you on this. I don't disagree... but you would frown upon, at least, a few more personalities making some activity in this environment? This is different ground...

Let me caveat: I'm not exactly sure how much this place actually gets regulated... maybe I need to edumacate myself, but it's obviously more lax than, say, similar sites.

If everybody here is comfortable with the traffic... cool.
I desire a bit more. Call me selfish.

*I've gone and read you here... I nod my head, with a smile.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Add the super fan syndrome. There is probably a Ford Pinto forum somewhere in cyber space when bringing up the the inconvenient fact that a firey death awaits if you get rear ended, is frowned upon.

U show ur age having knowledge about a Pinto. What a hideous excuse for an automobile.

When I was just outta HS (early 80's) there was an Oriental kid that had a early Pinto with a 351 Windsor, automatic, nitrous and running in the low 11's in street trim. That was fast back then but I always thought it was a death trap. Even tho it was faster than my big block Camaro I wouldnt want one.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I feel you on this. I don't disagree... but you would frown upon, at least, a few more personalities making some activity in this environment? This is different ground...

Let me caveat: I'm not exactly sure how much this place actually gets regulated... maybe I need to edumacate myself, but it's obviously more lax than, say, similar sites.

If everybody here is comfortable with the traffic... cool.
I desire a bit more. Call me selfish.

*I've gone and read you here... I nod my head, with a smile.

Its a blank canvas. No rules and no moderaton because there are no adds. Doomsday wont take yours or any add money here. Everyone is welcome but a lot of Zoners couldnt hack it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
U show ur age having knowledge about a Pinto. What a hideous excuse for an automobile.

When I was just outta HS (early 80's) there was an Oriental kid that had a early Pinto with a 351 Windsor, automatic, nitrous and running in the low 11's in street trim. That was fast back then but I always thought it was a death trap. Even tho it was faster than my big block Camaro I wouldnt want one.

Yep I am older than dirt. When I say old and cranky I aint kiddin. Go back to tail end of Jeff and Hazel's baby boy as QB for this franchise. The only thing a Pinto and the equally shitty and dangerous Vega were good for were dragsters and dirt track modified bodies. If you used em as daily transportation, you best have the auto club on speed dial.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Its a blank canvas. No rules and no moderaton because there are no adds. Doomsday wont take yours or any add money here. Everyone is welcome but a lot of Zoners couldnt hack it.
Yep this is why traffic isn't any concern I have at all. The site isn't monetized in any way. It costs around 11 bucks a month to keep it on the air, and another 11 bucks annually for the domain renewal. It's just a place to go for people who want to voice their true opinions about the Dallas Cowboys without running the risk of getting banned, or benched, or whatever it is. The ban list here has exactly zero accounts in it.

Corso

Spectator
Reaction score

Ad money? What? You mistake me and my intentions. I'm just saying I like it here, but wish it was a bit more active.

Corso

Spectator
Reaction score
Yep this is why traffic isn't any concern I have at all. The site isn't monetized in any way. It costs around 11 bucks a month to keep it on the air, and another 11 bucks annually for the domain renewal. It's just a place to go for people who want to voice their true opinions about the Dallas Cowboys without running the risk of getting banned, or benched, or whatever it is. The ban list here has exactly zero accounts in it.

I respect that. I'm not trying to do anything... Just talking of whims and asking questions.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ad money? What? You mistake me and my intentions. I'm just saying I like it here, but wish it was a bit more active.
He is explaining why I don't give a shit if it's active. If there were adverts, I would care.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is it the cheapness of it? You gotta hit "TOP" and then hit "DALLAS COWBOYS FORUM" to get back and refresh the forum, like a schlep? I know... pretty amateur.
This site's engine is vBulletin version 4. It does exactly what it's needed for. vBulletin for decades was the premier forum software platform. The platform now considered more "modern," Xenforo, is a creation of the same guys who created vBulletin and after vB was sold to a conglomerate, they struck out on their own. XF is designed from the ground up, to be mobile-browser friendly. But other than that it's essentially the same platform with the same navigation, the same basic features. And the same cost for the license and the cost of operation is similar.

I'm admin on one of the busiest sports-related forums on the internet, and it's a vB version 3 - MUCH more "archaic" than this one. At this moment it has 460 members and 5827 guests online. It has 743,029 Threads, 18,186,260 Posts, and 228,661 Members. It is heavily monetized with national and international contracted advertising accounts. It is also fairly strictly moderated. So, it's not the "modernness" or "cheapness" of the platform that drives traffic, it's not whether there's rules or moderation or not, it's really all about what forums are and always were - the subject material.
You gotta hit "TOP" and then hit "DALLAS COWBOYS FORUM" to get back and refresh the forum, like a schlep?
No, you do not. The "What's New" and "New Posts" buttons work great for seeing everything that's newly posted. Getting to the top of the page is very easy, there's a "top" button in every post, right next to that post number in the upper right of each post. Looks like a inverted yield sign.

Reaction score
So what's the deal? Why is this place getting nothing, as far as traffic? Is it the cheapness of it? You gotta hit "TOP" and then hit "DALLAS COWBOYS FORUM" to get back and refresh the forum, like a schlep? I know... pretty amateur.

But is that the problem? Is there more? Is it exposure? That's usually the main deal... I know.
Okay - what do we do?

Things pick up much more once the season starts. I've hardly posted at all lately, but when the season is in full effect I'm here every day.

Plus, as already mentioned, a lot of posters can't handle this place not being a safe space for irrational homerism. When they realize there isn't an Idgit or Jobberone to bench the meanie who had the unmitigated gall to criticize the team they tend to bail.

Reaction score
Also, 5countem5 couldn't even hack it here, and that guy dominated Fish's forum before Fish owned it. So, it works both ways.

Top Bottom