Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You don't want more members interacting? I was recruited by another from another Cowboys site so some members here are looking for some more activity or they wouldn't recruit.

I started a thread about what is this site about and that was a real question. Maybe your definition of "activity" is different from mine? Do you not want new posters to come into these forums and contribute? The reason I ask is that I was going to invite some of my clan that migrated from DC.com to CZ to check this out as they're some funny posters over there.

Most do not hang out and interact in the main forum because of the insulting nature that they allow to fester there. Some are not on board with all the positive Pollyanna "the sun will come out tomorrow" bullshit and instead of debating the points with positives, they just hammer on the poster for being negative. Then openly discuss their dislike for the poster.

That was new to me because the mods on the old DC.com were good at getting the posters to argue the points not the poster, at least they focused on that. The Zone seems more like it is run by the team than DC.com did but I did not frequent the News Forum of DC.com.

It makes no difference at all, since there are no adverts here. Are you even reading?

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
It makes no difference at all, since there are no adverts here. Are you even reading?
Yeah, I am reading, why do you ask?

Adverts shouldn't be the driving force since this is neither that or a pay to play site. I would just assume you would want more posters here but if this is more of a "closed" site and you want to keep it small, I get that too. Just trying to understand this site and if it's a good hangout for me.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Well, you're right about one thing, we don't have a lot of traffiic.
We also don't have 500 threads saying "this JAG cut by 20 teams might be our missing piece", or "Zeke will rush for 3000 yds" or "sock puppet coach is the best ever, he just needs a break".
Like you, I have been a Cowboy fan since they were about to run Landry out of town, cause we "couldn't win a big game".
Frankly, I'd rather have a small group that has football knowledge and can discuss it than 100 whining because an overpaid, underproducing player got cut.
You can say anything you want here.
I'd rather have that than high traffic any day.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Adverts shouldn't be the driving force since this is neither that or a pay to play site. I would just assume you would want more posters here but if this is more of a "closed" site and you want to keep it small, I get that too. Just trying to understand this site and if it's a good hangout for me.

The reason I am asking is because it is clear by your responses that you don't understand.

I do not care at all either way, more traffic, less traffic, or about the same. It doesn't matter to me at all and isn't a concern at all. The ONLY way it would matter to me is if there were adverts.

Clear enough?

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The reason I am asking is because it is clear by your responses that you don't understand.

I do not care at all either way, more traffic, less traffic, or about the same. It doesn't matter to me at all and isn't a concern at all. The ONLY way it would matter to me is if there were adverts.

Clear enough?
Yep, very clear.

Corso

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the feedback. Much appreciated. Don't worry, I'm not going to go recruit 'Zoners just to bring up the activity level if that's not what this place is all about.

I actually appreciate that. Feels more... inclusive, like part of a secret society.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
to piggy back on dooms post to you about instant internet gratification.....

rynie who posts here has insider knowledge. i dunno if this guy talks to the fuckin hot dog vendors or to stevie jones himself, but when rynie says something, its going to happen. he predicted the gregory suspensions, the witten retirement, and more stuff but thats all i can remember atm

and if you win the who you got during the season, you get a championship belt avatar !!!!!!!!!

Wtf??

I won the year before last and didn’t get sheeeeeeiiiit! LOL

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use these forums as therapy. I don't have any friends where I moved to and really don't want to be friends with people that think music died with either Elvis or the Beatles break up and I do have adult ADD so this helps me in rifle shot focus but then I'll drift into shotgun and turn loose but I am harmless but I am like that old warrior they let live on the edge of the reservation because they're not sure about his sanity. Don't go turning your back when your wimmen, whiskey or Jokes for the John books are laying around.

Just curious Coach. Do you visit Vegas much? Like, get comped at Mandolay Bay or something? Just asking......

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Coach, all of us here kind of "know" each other. Most of us are getting up there in age. We all pop in like we would our neighborhood bar, talk some shit and go home to listen to the wife chirp. The neighborhood bar can't compete with the fancy place down the street but I won't drink there often because I don't like their clientele, no matter how many beers they have on tap or how many bells and whistles they have.

I'm not gonna lie. CZ has some nice features and that'll attract some folks to that site and probably cause a few to come here, take a look around and leave when they don't see all the bells and whistles. But the management at CZ sucks and it's way over moderated. It's a trade off but I don't have the patience I used to to listen to blind homers who think they're "real fans" and can't discuss a topic honestly. In other words, they're internet losers. And I could do without the dumb-ass warnings from idiot mods.

Top Bottom