CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I was here once before, at the suggestion of another member from another DC forum, but I didn't see a lot of action going on but I liked the free wheeling nature I saw. I have posted in about 10 threads so far and the only response I got was a Hate This, which I did appreciate as I like that idea.

I was on DC.com for a number of years but primarily in the DC Forum, not the News one, because that was a more CC friendly one. I can get verbose and my stream of consciousness a little twisty to follow but I played well with others there until they began to shut it down and migrated with the others to another site and technically, it was superior to DC.com with far fewer glitches.

But I found myself getting bored, even though the Off-Topic and Members Zones were where I spent most of my time and there are some great people there, cyber friends for a long time, because the moderation was not so freaking anal and threatening. The mods on DC.com were a hell of a lot more like real people than a bunch of Barney's with too many bullets. I assume there is moderation here and I need to know if it is like that where they want to remind posters constantly of the power they wield. On a fucking sports site, gimme a break.

Sooooo, I find myself a poster without a forum and am wondering what this one is all about? I see cussing is allowed and like that since that qualifies me as bilingual and you have a politics section and anything they don't like there is classified as political.

Please don't misconstrue my message here, I am not dumping on the other forum, the head of it was most accommodating when we arrived en masse and their welcoming moderator is really funny and they have a couple of good ones but it just became this air of second guess every post you make because that might get you a warning or benched.

I am a long time Boys fan, they were my co-fav with the Cards, growing up in AR, until the Ice Bowl when they became my only true love. Lose a game and win a fan for a lifetime. So I am not a bandwaggoner, they do not have to win or have a winning season to keep me. This is my last stop on the Cowboys train and I will seek out something else for social interaction, if this one doesn't fit. And I ain't about the football, I am about the fun. Just so much one can say about the game or the team.

So, would someone be so kind as to enlighten me what to expect here?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this forum has very little moderation outside of banning spammers and robots. if you need help navigating the forum, troubleshooting, or have a question about the features, you can always reach out to any of the mods and they will fix it for you or point you in the right direction.

outside of that ......you can tell me your opinion on something, i can tell you mine. you can tell me to fuck off if you want to, or you can agree with me. or you can agree with me and tell me to fuck off together. i dont care

i see this place like the pub down the street or a man cave in the basement or garage.

you should be able to sit down at the computer or phone, whatever. have a few beers (or take a few hits of the green gregory), and shoot the shit about the cowboys and other stuff you like as if you were just hanging out w the guys

ive found this place to be +40 crowd. lots of guys still getting by on the fumes of a fallen dynasty. ive read many stories of great cowboys like randy white, mel renfro, hayes, bob lilly, staubach, etc. obviously i wasnt around then so its pretty cool to read what actual people are saying about the past. not some idiot on espn

im 32 and started getting into football at the tail end of the triplets, so i know mostly sadness and ineptitude.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
this forum has very little moderation outside of banning spammers and robots. if you need help navigating the forum, troubleshooting, or have a question about the features, you can always reach out to any of the mods and they will fix it for you or point you in the right direction.

outside of that ......you can tell me your opinion on something, i can tell you mine. you can tell me to fuck off if you want to, or you can agree with me. or you can agree with me and tell me to fuck off together. i dont care

i see this place like the pub down the street or a man cave in the basement or garage.

you should be able to sit down at the computer or phone, whatever. have a few beers (or take a few hits of the green gregory), and shoot the shit about the cowboys and other stuff you like as if you were just hanging out w the guys

ive found this place to be +40 crowd. lots of guys still getting by on the fumes of a fallen dynasty. ive read many stories of great cowboys like randy white, mel renfro, hayes, bob lilly, staubach, etc. obviously i wasnt around then so its pretty cool to read what actual people are saying about the past. not some idiot on espn

im 32 and started getting into football at the tail end of the triplets, so i know mostly sadness and ineptitude.
You are the fan I feel for because you didn't get the taste of glory that spoiled all of us old timers. 20 winning seasons and the playoffs a given for most of them.

Thanks for the welcome, I will be one of your most senior members but that's not to say I am that old guy that thinks he has all the answers, I am still in the process of figuring out the questions and didn't like getting past shaken or stirred, blunt or pipe, edibles or crotchless? I am watching my sugar so I always go for the crotchless because they stopped making the anchovy flavored edibles.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This one what?

You said you were "a poster without a forum and wonder what this one is all about."

This one is all about the Dallas Cowboys.

You sure you're a poster? Not a leaflet or a flyer? If you're a poster are you a centerfold? Or just the single page tear out type?

WANTED poster maybe?

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
You said you were "a poster without a forum and wonder what this one is all about."

This one is all about the Dallas Cowboys.

You sure you're a poster? Not a leaflet or a flyer? If you're a poster are you a centerfold? Or just the single page tear out type?

WANTED poster maybe?
LMAO, totally missed that.

Reaction score
I was here once before, at the suggestion of another member from another DC forum, but I didn't see a lot of action going on but I liked the free wheeling nature I saw. I have posted in about 10 threads so far and the only response I got was a Hate This, which I did appreciate as I like that idea.

I was on DC.com for a number of years but primarily in the DC Forum, not the News one, because that was a more CC friendly one. I can get verbose and my stream of consciousness a little twisty to follow but I played well with others there until they began to shut it down and migrated with the others to another site and technically, it was superior to DC.com with far fewer glitches.

But I found myself getting bored, even though the Off-Topic and Members Zones were where I spent most of my time and there are some great people there, cyber friends for a long time, because the moderation was not so freaking anal and threatening. The mods on DC.com were a hell of a lot more like real people than a bunch of Barney's with too many bullets. I assume there is moderation here and I need to know if it is like that where they want to remind posters constantly of the power they wield. On a fucking sports site, gimme a break.

Sooooo, I find myself a poster without a forum and am wondering what this one is all about? I see cussing is allowed and like that since that qualifies me as bilingual and you have a politics section and anything they don't like there is classified as political.

Please don't misconstrue my message here, I am not dumping on the other forum, the head of it was most accommodating when we arrived en masse and their welcoming moderator is really funny and they have a couple of good ones but it just became this air of second guess every post you make because that might get you a warning or benched.

I am a long time Boys fan, they were my co-fav with the Cards, growing up in AR, until the Ice Bowl when they became my only true love. Lose a game and win a fan for a lifetime. So I am not a bandwaggoner, they do not have to win or have a winning season to keep me. This is my last stop on the Cowboys train and I will seek out something else for social interaction, if this one doesn't fit. And I ain't about the football, I am about the fun. Just so much one can say about the game or the team.

So, would someone be so kind as to enlighten me what to expect here?

I think you'll be fine here. Just keep it real. I think I can recall reading some of your threads at Jerry's now memory hole'd forums. You're not the "holier than thou" type that thinks they get to decide who is a fan or not. Those are the types that don't do well here.

And the usual caveat I give to those who think we are too negative here... it's not like we want things to be the way they are, we just aren't going to lie to ourselves and others when discussing it. You would see a lot of optimism if the Jones clan suddenly announced a sale to some legacy rancher in the area that bleeds blue and silver, but also understood that the best owner is one that signs checks, and then gets the hell out of the way.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome CC. Like icup said, we have very little moderation and we can discuss just about any topic outside of football (ie: politics). It's a senior forum where a lot of us have been around. We won't be fooled by the bullshit of younger fans who have been re-educated by Jerry to believe that he's the Cowboys. He's not. He wants us to think Garrett is some superior coach. He's not. We've seen Landry, Jimmy and even BP. We know what good coaching looks like....we know what good football looks like.....we know what winning football looks like. We never described a good season as "not having a losing season (ie: 8 and 8). Fuck that and it drives me nuts to listen to stupid crap like that.

Personally, I'm waiting for Jerry to meet his maker. He's had a great run but that guy's liver and other internal organs are pickled from all the alcohol. He'll live forever.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Welcome CC. Like icup said, we have very little moderation and we can discuss just about any topic outside of football (ie: politics). It's a senior forum where a lot of us have been around. We won't be fooled by the bullshit of younger fans who have been re-educated by Jerry to believe that he's the Cowboys. He's not. He wants us to think Garrett is some superior coach. He's not. We've seen Landry, Jimmy and even BP. We know what good coaching looks like....we know what good football looks like.....we know what winning football looks like. We never described a good season as "not having a losing season (ie: 8 and 8). Fuck that and it drives me nuts to listen to stupid crap like that.

Personally, I'm waiting for Jerry to meet his maker. He's had a great run but that guy's liver and other internal organs are pickled from all the alcohol. He'll live forever.
The rich don't die easily, Dodger. There is an entirely different health care system for them.

And I think this is going to be a Crazy Al experience for us as I do not buy into that Son and McClay are taking over. Booger has given them parts to play but he still pulls all the strings and will continue to do so, what else is he going to do?

And thanks for the welcome.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I think you'll be fine here. Just keep it real. I think I can recall reading some of your threads at Jerry's now memory hole'd forums. You're not the "holier than thou" type that thinks they get to decide who is a fan or not. Those are the types that don't do well here.

And the usual caveat I give to those who think we are too negative here... it's not like we want things to be the way they are, we just aren't going to lie to ourselves and others when discussing it. You would see a lot of optimism if the Jones clan suddenly announced a sale to some legacy rancher in the area that bleeds blue and silver, but also understood that the best owner is one that signs checks, and then gets the hell out of the way.
Yeah, I never liked that defining one's fanhood even through my own filter.

There are those that protect their optimism by going against the negative poster, not necessarily their posts. They don't like their faith or foundation shaken.

I was a card carrying pessimist for most of my life because in the end I was either pleasantly surprised or right but went through a life changing experience that caused me to at least try the optimistic and positive approach but not at the sacrifice of realism.

When I encounter the negative poster, I try to surmise do they like being this way and are ready to defend that or or they wanting to discuss both sides and consider options. I have encountered those that enjoy being negative so I just let them be negative. And the negative posters are the funniest anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rich don't die easily, Dodger. There is an entirely different health care system for them.

And I think this is going to be a Crazy Al experience for us as I do not buy into that Son and McClay are taking over. Booger has given them parts to play but he still pulls all the strings and will continue to do so, what else is he going to do?

And thanks for the welcome.

You're right about that CC. The man just keeps ticking. But he does fly in a chopper and a private jet. Just saying.

Top Bottom