dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He was not having a good first half. That's just a myth but one that you've mentioned several times before. 6 out of 8 games Dak didn't break 250 yards passing (it was almost 7 but one game he had 251 yards); two of those games he threw for under 200 yards. He was 2 and 3 before the lowly 49er's bailed him out.

Overall, in 8 out of 16 games Dak had less than 200 yards passing (almost 9 but he threw for 204 yards against Oakland). That's awful. 174, 138, 126, 113, 168, 93, 154, 172. Those are just not very good stats for a franchise QB in the modern era of football. And 93 yards in one game is just atrocious.

That's pretty bad for a "franchise" QB coming off a big year.

There's more to being a QB that fantasy stats dude

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
granted,

....a talented roster is more important when you have ...

shit for brains as a HC

--excuse me --- i mean a guy that does not know "X's and O's" (to me this is like a soccer player with no legs but whatever )

but the eagles lost a lot of players ... etc etc

dallas is closer fucked than un fucked

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some scenario where Dak steps up and shows us his remarkable leadership and skill set, while at the same time Garrett screws every pooch he can and gets fired.

Either that or Samuel L. Jackson narrates our 2018 highlight video and at the end says, "So I killed the Mutha Fuckas"

Diehardblues

Cheerleader
Reaction score
It appears our front office is already All-In on Dak regardless the results and he’s basically playing for the size of his contract barring anything devastating.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It appears our front office is already All-In on Dak regardless the results and he’s basically playing for the size of his contract barring anything devastating.

You know this how exactly?

Love the avatar pic by the way.

Diehardblues

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dak is a sensitive subject with some fans. He won over the hearts of most Cowboy fans in his remarkable Rookie season and appears to have solidified the franchise QB position barring a dramatic collapse despite his disappointing sophomore season which exposed more of his weaknesses.

We’ve seen good and bad. Hopefully we’ll see him develop more this season. Ultimately the results of the team will weigh in like it always does for QB’s. It was his Winning Wave afterall that demanded our attention initially and I’d suspect we’ll need to see more of that again to gain more support from the fans.

Diehardblues

Cheerleader
Reaction score
That’s how I interpreted Stephen talking about Dak playing for the size of his contract.

I can’t imagine Jerry and Stephen doing a 360 on Dak now . They’d look much the fools after booting their hero to the curb.

I suspect it will be much like their intention to stay with Garrett. They wouldn’t admit their mistakes and continue to attempt surrounding them with as much support as possible.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
do you really think they wont resign dak?

it would take a lot for them not to resign him

If he doesn't play well, he wont get a mega deal. It's that simple.

That said, I expect him to play well.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

he might not reset the market but he will still get top market value. dallas has to pay him or another team would. theres always a qb-needy team that thinks theyll recapture the magic of daks rookie season.

if dak struggles, theyll resign him for >$20 mil per yr. and my guess is wentz will be getting almost $35 mil per yr if he keeps playing like a mvp

and if dak plays well, he'll be paid about as much as wentz.

both scenarios are too expensive

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I think he will too. If he gets time on the pocket with WRs breaking open he can get it to them. What I don't know is how good he is in tight windows. But last year, and unlike his rookie year, he was always getting chased out of the pocket. No one was breaking open. Or he needs better separation to feel comfortable throwing the ball. I don't know which.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he might not reset the market but he will still get top market value. dallas has to pay him or another team would. theres always a qb-needy team that thinks theyll recapture the magic of daks rookie season.

if dak struggles, theyll resign him for >$20 mil per yr. and my guess is wentz will be getting almost $35 mil per yr if he keeps playing like a mvp

Of course Wentz is now the man. The real deal. But in 2016 it was Dak, and Carson who? It's amazing what a supporting case can do for a QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently Dak has been working hard on mechanics all offseason.

He's also coming into camp much leaner than his first two seasons in the league.

I think he's going to have a good year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I disagree on both your points to be honest. If he doesn't play well he isn't going to get a huge deal, and he might only get a short term deal. if he plays well then it's a no brainer.

If he's a franchise QB (which we may or may not learn for sure this year) then he isn't too expensive.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
If he's a franchise QB (which we may or may not learn for sure this year) .

Yes. A lot of moving parts to digest in "Dak friendly" and new defensive schemes.
IMO, a lot of things to like about this team. However, my faith in Garrett/Linehan ain't real strong.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Mike Sando of ESPN Insider released his annual QB tier rankings, based on opinions from 10 general managers, five head coaches, 10 coordinators, 10 senior personal executives, five QB coaches and 10 others inside an NFL organization.

Tier 1
(1) Aaron Rodgers, 1.00

(T-1) Tom Brady, 1.00

(3) Drew Brees, 1.12

(4) Ben Roethlisberger, 1.40

Tier 2
(5) Matt Ryan, 1.62

(6) Russell Wilson, 1.72

(7) Matthew Stafford, 1.74

(8) Philip Rivers, 1.80

(9) Carson Wentz, 1.84

(10) Andrew Luck, 1.94

(11) Cam Newton, 2.30

(12) Derek Carr, 2.42

(13) Jimmy Garoppolo, 2.58

(14) Deshaun Watson, 2.60

Tier 3
(15) Kirk Cousins, 2.52

(T-15) Alex Smith, 2.52

(17) Eli Manning, 2.78

(T-17) Dak Prescott, 2.78

(19) Jared Goff, 2.80

Sorry this is a copy and paste job from various sites to give an idea of opinions around the league. Apparently Jerry wasnt polled. Maybe somebody has the article which I believe is premium content.

Top Bottom