dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Landon Collins is always a big mouthed drama player, as it should be when it comes to rivalry games. I think every team has figured out that they need to stop Zeke and make Dak beat them by throwing the ball.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
793023d1dac37ab5d04c8c60263ba744.png

https://www.12up.com/posts/6170112-...ead-of-giants-cowboys-showdown/partners/44566

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Tony was twice the QB Dak is and we couldn't win anything with him either. Let that sink in.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good video but depressing:

The Dallas Dilemma - Dak Prescott is holding the Cowboys back - YouTube

It appears Daks 1st year was mirage and he is fools gold

Without a quality QB, its crater city here we come.

Good thing is losses could really start to pile up and the commensurate fan outrage will grow which might move Jeri's needle dick of a GM to do something. He still wont know what to do and will likely make a horrible decision but thats all we have for entertainment these days and should be semi-fun or funny to watch

~yawn~

Reaction score
If Dak plays poorly enough to get this coaching staff shit-canned I will forever consider him a hero to this organization even if he fades away, and is never heard from again once the next staff takes over.

Reaction score
Good video but depressing:

The Dallas Dilemma - Dak Prescott is holding the Cowboys back - YouTube

It appears Daks 1st year was mirage and he is fools gold

Without a quality QB, its crater city here we come.

Good thing is losses could really start to pile up and the commensurate fan outrage will grow which might move Jeri's needle dick of a GM to do something. He still wont know what to do and will likely make a horrible decision but thats all we have for entertainment these days and should be semi-fun or funny to watch

~yawn~

That video is an excellent breakdown of Dak's problems right now with the biggest being an inability to read the defense. He seems to have a particular blind spot for when Beasely beats various coverages, and is wide open such as the missed 90 yard walk in, or the immediate dump off against Carolina's nickel package. Both were broken down flawlessly.

That guy should work for Dallas because he obviously studies film, something our guys apparently can't be bothered by as evidenced by the lack of adjustments this staff is known for.

Linehan shouldn't even have a job in the NFL, but then again, our staff is filled with such people including the latest "QB coach" who didn't even have enough experience to apply for water boy. And gee, all our Qb's look like shit, and have clearly regressed since his hire. Who could have ever seen that coming?!?!?

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That video is an excellent breakdown of Dak's problems right now with the biggest being an inability to read the defense. He seems to have a particular blind spot for when Beasely beats various coverages, and is wide open such as the missed 90 yard walk in, or the immediate dump off against Carolina's nickel package. Both were broken down flawlessly.

That guy should work for Dallas because he obviously studies film, something our guys apparently can't be bothered by as evidenced by the lack of adjustments this staff is known for.

Linehan shouldn't even have a job in the NFL, but then again, our staff is filled with such people including the latest "QB coach" who didn't even have enough experience to apply for water boy. And gee, all our Qb's look like shit, and have clearly regressed since his hire. Who could have ever seen that coming?!?!?

I've never studied the game nor understand x's and o's like this guy explained but he made perfect sense to someone as ignorant as myself and if he's correct (and he appears to be), then Dak is toast.

I don't see how he'll ever read defenses if he cant do it by his 3rd year.

Its a shame because I really like him. He has so many good qualities you want to root for but I just cant see how he can overcome these glaring deficiencies.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yes and I keep saying this a broken record but there a appears to be nobody on the sideline capable of doing it either like McVay does for Goff. As you can see in the Goff situation it made just "the slightest" difference in his effectiveness.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never studied the game nor understand x's and o's like this guy explained but he made perfect sense to someone as ignorant as myself and if he's correct (and he appears to be), then Dak is toast.

I agree Yimmy. These guys have a whole different understanding of the game and he seems to have done some homework. Right or wrong, it certainly gives you something to think about. Either way, the play where Beasley is wide open down field while Dak appears to be looking right at him is very telling. Either he doesn't trust his arm, he can't see the play or he sees the play and can't pull the trigger. Either way, it's bad and we're fucked.

Its a shame because I really like him. He has so many good qualities you want to root for but I just cant see how he can overcome these glaring deficiencies.

I don't think he can overcome them. I've been making this argument early in Dak's second year when I started seeing red flags even in games we won but I thought Dak didn't play well. Some folks here have accused me and others of forming our opinions on other factors (which I'll leave out of this discussion) but that's simply not the case. We have issues at the QB position. The good thing is that Dak may take the Red Dolt and this coaching staff down with him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And so it begins.......

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I remember before the draft on a talk show a former NFL QB was talking about all the QB prospects in that draft and saying Dak wasnt an NFL QB. He didn have the accuracy or other tools needed. I dont remember what he said now but the specifics he referred to made a lotta sense to me at the time and I was Pissed when we drafted Dak. 13-3 more than likely was fools gold.

I think it was Phil Simms who rated all the QB prospects on that particular show.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
As a Giants fan, I can make an observation on Dak that many Dak fans are in denial about. 1st off, he lucked out in the fact that he had the best OL in football pass blocking for him & opening up huge holes for the best RB in football that yr in Elliot. Elliot ran for 1000yds on 1st down in 2016, that meant that Dak was almost always in very favorable 2nd & 4 or 3rd & 3 or less situations where the D had to stay honest vs both the run or pass. Dak also just had to dink/dunk a short/safe high % completion pass to either Beasley or Witten to keep the chains moving, hence his great completion rate of 67% & extremely low Int rate of just 4 picks in 16 games. In our 2 wins over Dallas, our D was able to contain Elliot & force Dak to beat us with his arm from within the pocket & he couldn't, The Vikes D also gave him problems. Fast forward to last yr & now opposing DCs have a yr's worth of film on Dak & have pin pointed his weaknesses which is he is inaccurate from within the pocket, does not see the field well & is hesitant to pull the trigger on long passes downfield. His arm strength is also questionable. Zeke is the engine that runs the offense for Dallas & w/o him, Dak has shown that he cannot put the team on his back & win a game with his arm. Even in his only 300yd game vs the Giants last yr, many of those 332yds came on YAC plays from Dez & Rod Smith who took a short 10yd screen pass 70yds to the house. His 2nd highest passing total for the yr was in the opener also against us for 263yds & keep in mind the Giants were an awful D all yr so that's not really a great accomplishment for QBs to have lit us up last yr. The 3 game stretch vs Atl/Phil/LA w/o Zeke is what really nailed it for me that he is just a game managing dink & dunk type QB. For your starting QB to only produce 6-9-7 pts is amazingly bad. In 33 starts he has just 3 games of 300+ passing yds and 12 games with under 200yds passing. So in closing, I just wanna say that Jerry would be a huge fool to give Dak franchise QB $$ , he is not a franchise QB. Now as a Giants fan, I'm hoping Dak is your QB for the next 10yrs.

Top Bottom