dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We are in 100% agreement on the addition by subtraction part, not sure the offense improves when all defenses have to really worry about is Zeke.

Obviously we need some of the guys at the WR position and TE positions to step up and Dak (admittedly) also has to improve.

But not forcing the ball to two guys whether they were open or not can only help the offense. And when Bryant missed 4 or 5 games Prescott's rookie yr, he did a great job spreading the ball around and the offense functioned fine.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We didn't try. You believe Dak can't throw the long ball, despite you seeing him do it with your own eyes. Selective memory, for some reason.

I know he can throw the long ball. But he doesn't pull the trigger for whatever reason. Personally, I don't think he sees the whole field. But I'll ask again......did you just say they should have stretched the field with Switzer?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know he can throw the long ball. But he doesn't pull the trigger for whatever reason. Personally, I don't think he sees the whole field. But I'll ask again......did you just say they should have stretched the field with Switzer?
Go back and read my post. The words "alleged speedster" were used. If he were truly such a speedster why didn't they ever try to use his speed, even if it's just as an occasional decoy to give them something else to cover?

Oh and, harder to "see the whole field" when you're under direction to feed Dez.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dak was immediately embraced by the Romorooters because he wasn't the target of their hate and they refused to answer the question "why was he a 4th rounder, 7th QB taken and 3rd choice by the team that took him"? Every QB scout in the NFL looked at him and none had him above the 4th round.

The question I have about Dak is are they going to take the risk and let him be what he is? A dual threat QB who's legs got him on the Heisman list after his junior year. He is Cam Newton Jr. and not the prototypical pocket passer.

I have yet to see any QB coach or HC fix a consistent accuracy issue. Dak, instinctively, throws better on the run and is comfortable on the move. He doesn't have good pocket presence and makes mechanical errors when hemmed in the pocket and the pressure is coming.

It is a risk to turn your QB loose and we've seen Newton injured but Dak runs smarter and has the slide down really well plus he's built like a RB. He might be Bobby Douglass with a better arm, if some of you remember the old Bears QB.

The simple truth to me is Dak is not one of the elite QB's and isn't going to be but that doesn't mean he cannot lead his team to some playoff success, if they build the team around him like they did for Staubach and Aikman. He is good enough to get the job done but he will not carry a team.

I laugh at the elite QB shit because other than Brady, how many have won multiple rings? Brees? Rodgers? Ryan? Yet QB's like Flacco and E. Manning win two because they had teams built around them and I could say the same of P. "Anvil Head" Manning, he was actually at his worst in the playoffs. Best ever, my ass.

So, what do I think? So nice of you to ask. I think he needs to keep his mouth shut about that "being the best Cowboys QB in history" and just work at his craft.

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
Dalton has a few skins on the wall already minus the post season where the entire Bengals team disappears. When Dalton has time to throw and receivers who can actually get open to catch the ball he's about as good as anyone playing the position. But he's never going to be the QB who can carry a team having problems. In 2015 Dalton was in the running for mvp..then he broke his thumb and we got to see the miracle that was McCarron.. The miracle being he still gets to carry clipboards..

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Dak was immediately embraced by the Romorooters because he wasn't the target of their hate and they refused to answer the question "why was he a 4th rounder, 7th QB taken and 3rd choice by the team that took him"? Every QB scout in the NFL looked at him and none had him above the 4th round.

The question I have about Dak is are they going to take the risk and let him be what he is? A dual threat QB who's legs got him on the Heisman list after his junior year. He is Cam Newton Jr. and not the prototypical pocket passer.

I have yet to see any QB coach or HC fix a consistent accuracy issue. Dak, instinctively, throws better on the run and is comfortable on the move. He doesn't have good pocket presence and makes mechanical errors when hemmed in the pocket and the pressure is coming.

It is a risk to turn your QB loose and we've seen Newton injured but Dak runs smarter and has the slide down really well plus he's built like a RB. He might be Bobby Douglass with a better arm, if some of you remember the old Bears QB.

The simple truth to me is Dak is not one of the elite QB's and isn't going to be but that doesn't mean he cannot lead his team to some playoff success, if they build the team around him like they did for Staubach and Aikman. He is good enough to get the job done but he will not carry a team.

I laugh at the elite QB shit because other than Brady, how many have won multiple rings? Brees? Rodgers? Ryan? Yet QB's like Flacco and E. Manning win two because they had teams built around them and I could say the same of P. "Anvil Head" Manning, he was actually at his worst in the playoffs. Best ever, my ass.

So, what do I think? So nice of you to ask. I think he needs to keep his mouth shut about that "being the best Cowboys QB in history" and just work at his craft.

Average Joe Flacco has two?

Trouty

Reaction score
prove it year. he's getting some hype, now, too. if he improves on last season, shows some of that first half flair and 2016 flair, re-sign to 4x25M. If he is stagnant or regresses further, toss his ass to the curb and start over and waste no more time on him. and keep riding zeke to the mother fucking ground.

dak does study, and he does have some of those "intangibles" but if he can't sling the rock, he's worthless as some feel good story/try hard/motivator.

Trouty

Reaction score
joe flacco worked because he had Newsome assembling an all-time defense around him, plus he went off in the playoffs.

we don't have an ozzie. personally, i don't want ten years of a flacco-retread. our incompetent staff couldn't assemble a winner around Romo, and he was 10x the qb flacco ever is/was in his wettest of dreams, we'd be doomed with a qb that produces at the rate of a flacco

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some QB's with expiring contracts in 2020:

Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Tom Brady
Sam Bradford
Case Keenum
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Nick Foles
Jacoby Brissett
Dak Prescott

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here it is. If Dak does well, then Garrett stays. I like Dak, but I hate Garrett more. For that, I do not want Dak to do well. I do not want the team to do well. I truly would like to see Dak and the Cowboys with a new HC.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Here it is. If Dak does well, then Garrett stays. I like Dak, but I hate Garrett more. For that, I do not want Dak to do well. I do not want the team to do well. I truly would like to see Dak and the Cowboys with a new HC.

Ive never hated a coach like I hate Garrett. I never hated Campo, Gailey, etc. I dont think I could enjoy winning like I should be able to as long as Garrett is the coach. He's such a phony POS scamming weasel.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ive never hated a coach like I hate Garrett. I never hated Campo, Gailey, etc. I dont think I could enjoy winning like I should be able to as long as Garrett is the coach. He's such a phony POS scamming weasel.

You didn’t hate them because they all got fired when they didn’t perform (eventually)

Garrett hasn’t!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You didn’t hate them because they all got fired when they didn’t perform (eventually)

Garrett hasn’t!

Hate the senile fool that is signing the checks. Without him there is no puppet on a string. This is the mother fucker that destroys the franchise and my fandom on a daily basis.

Last edited:

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Garrett hasn’t!

I dont hate Garrett as much for the losing and poor coaching as I do for being a two faced back stabbing type POS. I dont think Campo or Gailey were weasels like the Red Fraud.

Reaction score
I dont hate Garrett as much for the losing and poor coaching as I do for being a two faced back stabbing type POS. I dont think Campo or Gailey were weasels like the Red Fraud.

I can't even work up the energy to hate Garrett. I'm just so damn bored by the entire Garrett tenure. Boring football is the worst kind.

Reaction score

Garrett hasn’t!

Remember though, Jerry thinks he fired Gailey too soon, and regrets it. That mindset frightens me greatly because Jerry didn't fire Gailey too soon. The guy was a huge bag of nothing as a coach, and should have never been hired. In fact, only Jimmy and Parcells were guys who Jerry should have hired. The rest of the stiffs, nothings, and jokers were reassurances that Jerry is beyond incompetent at his GM role.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I hated Gailey. He was 100% goober and coached like a dumbass.

The poodle had nothing to work with and was a likeable guy.

I was super excited when we hired Parcells, but like Jones we all got fleeced on him. He was a 100% burnout that only came back for the money. I really don't think he gave two shits whether the team was actually good or not. I ended up hating him too.

Garrett is a POS for sure, should have been fired after the 2nd or certainly 3rd 8-8 season.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Campo was a likeable loser. He didn't throw players or his coaches under the bus. Where Campo had guts, he was an idiot; where Gailey was intelligent, he lacked guts --- was a pussy.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Remember though, Jerry thinks he fired Gailey too soon, and regrets it. That mindset frightens me greatly because Jerry didn't fire Gailey too soon. The guy was a huge bag of nothing as a coach, and should have never been hired. In fact, only Jimmy and Parcells were guys who Jerry should have hired. The rest of the stiffs, nothings, and jokers were reassurances that Jerry is beyond incompetent at his GM role.

Unlike most people I do not dislike Wade Phillips. He got a bum deal --- pun unintended. He did as well as any and perhaps even more, considering he had an OC that had no business being one, and whom said OC was actively working to undermine him to set the stage to eventually take over.

Top Bottom