RomoFan4Life

Spectator
Reaction score
We force Romo into retirement for him?

I'm sorry but Dak is NOT the guy that's going to take us to the promise land. He can't read defenses and he can't throw. I don't know if the coaches don't trust in him or what but this offense is boring and the plays are obvious. No defense respects Dak because they know he is not talented in that area so zeke is being punished. I get it, Dak took over the starting job because he was the "hot" thing, but lets face it, teams didn't have tapes on him so he lucked out. You saw what happened last yr and so far this yr, he's a dud. With romo on this team, they would IMO win the NFCE and have a good chance at the superbowl with the improved defense this team has. Jerry better start looking for a passing qb in the draft and not give Dak a new contract.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I made a post about Dak after your week 1 loss to Carolina that stated how since even during his great rookie season, I began to see that he was just a game manger type QB that needs a great run game & great OL play to be effective. Take away the run game & he cannot win you a game with his arm. He is not a classic pocket passer & if kept in the pocket, is not accurate throwing past 20yds. He is dangerous on the rollouts & RPOs because he can then utilize his legs if the play breaks down or he just keeps the ball on the RPO. IMO, it would be a grave mistake for Jerry to give him a $100 million 5yr contract a she is not a franchise QB. Look at SF, they gave all that $$ to a QB based on a 5 game audition where he went 5-0 & now he's lost for the yr with a torn ACL. Say what you want about our QB, but he's been injury free & behind center for 14+yrs now & with us finally benching Flowers, the revamped OL gave him time to scan the field & he lit up Houston for 25/29 297yds & 2 TDs. Once opposing DCs had a yrs worth of film on Dak, they figured out his weaknesses & exploited them. He has gone like 10 of the past 10 games dating back to week 9 of last yr where he has failed to hit the 200yd mark & from the looks of it today, will be lucky to pass for 150 today. Sorry , but you don't give franchise contracts for that type of performance.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I made a post about Dak after your week 1 loss to Carolina that stated how since even during his great rookie season, I began to see that he was just a game manger type QB that needs a great run game & great OL play to be effective
Most of us saw that too. The tells were both Giant games that year and the Thursday night shit fest at Minnesota.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak has 58 yards passing in the fourth quarter

WTF??????????

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I made a post about Dak after your week 1 loss to Carolina that stated how since even his great rookie season, I began to see that he was just a game manger type QB that needs a great run game & great OL play to be effective
There's a thread here right after the 2016 season where Jerry is quoted calling Dak a "bus driver." So he's living up to his boss's expectations.

Regarding RomoFan: How can you lament Romo's failed career when he said Garrett was a "great coach" while at the same time you're knocking same coach? Romo alone was in position to get better coaching in here, and didn't. Because having fun and being the nyuk-nyuk small town boy made good was all he ever really wanted.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At this rate it will be game 8 before he reaches 200 yards total

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Most of us saw that too. The tells were both Giant games that year and the Thursday night shit fest at Minnesota.

Exactly! Those were the 3 games where your run game wasn't as dominant & giving Dak nice 2nd & 5 or 3rd & 3 downs & he was being kept contained in the pocket by the Giants/Vikes Ds & he struggled to pass accurately from within the pocket on long down situations. DCs probably used those 3 games the following yr as blueprints on how to beat Dak. He's 15/24 113yds 1TD so far today with 6 min left in the game. Those are journeyman backup QBs stats not franchise QB numbers. How in today's rules friendly pass happy NFL he is having trouble passing for 200+yds is mind boggling.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We've now scored 41 pts in 3 weeks.

5 teams have had individual games this yr with more than that. One team had 1 less than pt than that in a 6th.

Reaction score
Pretty much official now - Dak sucks.

I'm sure Helen Moore isn't at fault though, because he has no idea what the hell he is doing as a coach, and is an even worse QB than Dak.

ODA543

Spectator
Reaction score
Dak (in my opinion) is very inconsistent and indicisive. He is certainly capable of making big plays and pump his team up, yet he holds on to the ball way too long and that is his downfall. Watching him play against the Seahawks it was obvious that he was trying to make plays open up for the long ball. I would like for him to take a step back, review game tape of the previous games, to see that he is trying to hard to make things happen when he should let the timing plays develop in its time. Hence the 3, 5, 7 step drop back, shotgun, etc....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak (in my opinion) is very inconsistent and indicisive. He is certainly capable of making big plays and pump his team up, yet he holds on to the ball way too long and that is his downfall. Watching him play against the Seahawks it was obvious that he was trying to make plays open up for the long ball. I would like for him to take a step back, review game tape of the previous games, to see that he is trying to hard to make things happen when he should let the timing plays develop in its time. he the 3, 5, 7 step drop back, shotgun, etc....
Don't you kind of wish his coaching would take the last train to Clarksville?

I warned everyone here Ginger and his "coaching" would fuck the kid up. Said this during his 2016 rookie run.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I warned everyone here Ginger and his "coaching" would fuck the kid up. Said this during his 2016 rookie run.

Yep, that's why I said earlier in another thread I am not sure what Prescott is or isn't anymore.

He was so good as a rookie though, and less than two yrs later you see what Garrett and Linehan have done to him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, that's why I said earlier in another thread I am not sure what Prescott is or isn't anymore.

He was so good as a rookie though, and less than two yrs later you see what Garrett and Linehan have done to him.
As I predicted.

Romo could overcome a lot of the crap, to a point. But never realized he was overcoming crap, he just thought he was "playing within the system."

Reaction score
Dak has gone 5 straight games with less than 200 yards passing, and averaging 12 points over that same span.

I think at this point Quincy Carter was better than Dak is now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak has gone 5 straight games with less than 200 yards passing, and averaging 12 points over that same span.

I think at this point Quincy Carter was better than Dak is now.

That's only because Garrett didn't coach Quincy Carter

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the way Dak performed in his rookie season I had hopes that he would somehow overcome the coaching situation here

I don’t know how I thought that might happen. As soon as they hired Helen Moore as his QB coach to be in charge of his development I should have known he would be ruined for good.

I just didn’t think that you could coach everything good about him out of him this quickly

Top Bottom