NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
As a Giants fan, I can make an observation on Dak that many Dak fans are in denial about. 1st off, he lucked out in the fact that he had the best OL in football pass blocking for him & opening up huge holes for the best RB in football that yr in Elliot. Elliot ran for 1000yds on 1st down in 2016, that meant that Dak was almost always in very favorable 2nd & 4 or 3rd & 3 or less situations where the D had to stay honest vs both the run or pass. Dak also just had to dink/dunk a short/safe high % completion pass to either Beasley or Witten to keep the chains moving, hence his great completion rate of 67% & extremely low Int rate of just 4 picks in 16 games. In our 2 wins over Dallas, our D was able to contain Elliot & force Dak to beat us with his arm from within the pocket & he couldn't, The Vikes D also gave him problems. Fast forward to last yr & now opposing DCs have a yr's worth of film on Dak & have pin pointed his weaknesses which is he is inaccurate from within the pocket, does not see the field well & is hesitant to pull the trigger on long passes downfield. His arm strength is also questionable. Zeke is the engine that runs the offense for Dallas & w/o him, Dak has shown that he cannot put the team on his back & win a game with his arm. Even in his only 300yd game vs the Giants last yr, many of those 332yds came on YAC plays from Dez & Rod Smith who took a short 10yd screen pass 70yds to the house. His 2nd highest passing total for the yr was in the opener also against us for 263yds & keep in mind the Giants were an awful D all yr so that's not really a great accomplishment for QBs to have lit us up last yr. The 3 game stretch vs Atl/Phil/LA w/o Zeke is what really nailed it for me that he is just a game managing dink & dunk type QB. For your starting QB to only produce 6-9-7 pts is amazingly bad. In 33 starts he has just 3 games of 300+ passing yds and 12 games with under 200yds passing. So in closing, I just wanna say that Jerry would be a huge fool to give Dak franchise QB $$ , he is not a franchise QB. Now as a Giants fan, I'm hoping Dak is your QB for the next 10yrs.

This year will be telling. Can Dak actually grow into an NFL QB that can be a legit starter? I wouldnt try to argue against your assessment and I have serious doubts.

Looking back at Dak's rookie year it was a magical ride and Im sure Garrett and Jerry thought it would end with a fairy tale Lombardi. In reality the best shot that year would have been playing Romo for the run thru the playoffs instead of Dak. I felt that way then and have felt that way since.

Ideally Dak has a poor enough year to get the Red Clapping Clown fired and the new HC recognizes Dak aint the answer.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I agree Yimmy. These guys have a whole different understanding of the game and he seems to have done some homework. Right or wrong, it certainly gives you something to think about. Either way, the play where Beasley is wide open down field while Dak appears to be looking right at him is very telling. Either he doesn't trust his arm, he can't see the play or he sees the play and can't pull the trigger. Either way, it's bad and we're fucked.

I don't think he can overcome them. I've been making this argument early in Dak's second year when I started seeing red flags even in games we won but I thought Dak didn't play well. Some folks here have accused me and others of forming our opinions on other factors (which I'll leave out of this discussion) but that's simply not the case. We have issues at the QB position. The good thing is that Dak may take the Red Dolt and this coaching staff down with him.

Whats so disheartening to me is you've held this view on Dak for a year+ and if you're correct but the people running the team cant see this and act accordingly, how are they ever going to win jack shit?

Its why I'm so down all the time, jeri and spawn are so woefully unqualified it makes me want to puke

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Whats so disheartening to me is you've held this view on Dak for a year+ and if you're correct but the people running the team cant see this and act accordingly
They've made him this way, intentionally, like I feared from Day One they would. They don't see a problem.

Trouty

Reaction score
jeri is the best thing to happen to Giant and all other non-cowboy fans, y'all must laugh your asses off at how fucked up the cowboys have become under his ownership

So damn true. Just like the Skins and their dipshit owner. We are the laughing stock of the NFC. But YAY... jersey sales and ratings and Forbes, oh my! We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy (Jerry). I wish this motherfucker would get swept off in a tornado and swept to Oz, and his flying monkey son, too

Trouty

Reaction score
Dak's show me year. If he is even average, which would be a step up from his last ten or so games, jettison his ass. draft high. go for a franchise QB.

fuck an andy dalton ceiling. hell, he isn't even showing that. this is his year to show he has what it takes to be a top ten qb, and if he doesn't, cut him or make him eat the #2 role.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I dont follow college football at all, but a story I just read was that the 2019 draft doesnt really have any top of the draft QBs. In fact, the article said its hard right now to say who would be worth a first round pick.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They've made him this way, intentionally, like I feared from Day One they would. They don't see a problem.

I'm not so sure. Our staff sucks. I get that. But I think they need more out of the QB position. Even Kitna had some decent numbers in this system. He was an experienced QB with a decent arm. The only QB's that have looked putrid are the ones that lacked arm talent and just basically sucked ass.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only QB's that have looked putrid are the ones that lacked arm talent and just basically sucked ass.
But somehow looked much better after they left here, and were even able to win games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And all you motherfuckers told me to relax when I pitched a bitch about Helen Moore being named QB coach

Who’s laughing now bitches! Look how well Moore has done for Dak’s development

He’s got him right where he wants him. Helen Moore has already coached him to his own personal QB ceiling of being average or below average. He’s already coached the will to win and the desire to take off running when he gets in trouble right out of him

Way to go coach!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And all you motherfuckers told me to relax when I pitched a bitch about Helen Moore being named QB coach
Actually I think this mother fucker said if Jerry was serious about winning, Helen would be QB coach at Boise High School and we wouldnt be wasting time trying to prop up Linehan's offense with "coaches" that are "comfortable" with it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was on more than one occasion and he’ll if I know which threads it was in
I think you must be dreaming. I sure don't remember anyone here thinking Helen Keller Moore would be good as a coach of any type. I DO remember jokes about "those who can't do, teach," and "he knows the system and the process" and the like.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And so it begins.......

Kinda wonder if he's the one getting cut for Butler.

Jones and Garrett probably HATED seeing those comments in the media.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Add in a trip to Cabo and you've got a trifecta for playoff success

don't forget the win or go home game in 2008 where we got embarrassed by Philly 44-6 and Romo had 3 turnovers when he famously said "well if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me"

Top Bottom