allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm a former resident of the greater Dallas area, but originally from the Cincinnati area so at heart I'm a long suffering Bengals fan. My daughter, brother and a few other members of my family are Cowboy fans. I guess that puts me somewhere in the middle I suppose..
Anyway, on to the exchange of offensive line coaches between the two teams..
As a Bengals fan it was sweet music to every Bengals fan when Paul Alexander was shipped off. In Cincinnati it was Bengals fans version of winning the super bowl. Many were "thrilled" to get Pollack and lose PA.. We, the Bengals went from having a good offensive line to plain horrible in just a few short years. Pianoman, aka Paul Alexander kept telling us what a great center we had in Russell Bodine and what a steal is was to draft Cedric Ogbuihi and yet the offensive line got progressively worse and worse.
One of the hits on Alexander is his passive coaching style so for several years we watched offensive linemen get pushed back into Andy Dalton's lap play after play after play..
For your sakes as Cowboy fans I hope everyone in Cincinnati was wrong about PA, but I really don't think that is the case.
You'll probably have a decent line for awhile because he has a lot to work with, but I expect that as your current line ages it won't get one bit better and by this time in 2020 you'll be screaming for Alexanders head to be left under a freeway bridge when the next drunken fool decides to drive the wrong way on I-35 and runs into a gasoline truck.. Yeah, I was there when at least twice freeway bridges were lit up.. At least it was entertaining during the 6 o'clock news..
How your team owner can keep the revolving door of bad coaching is anyones guess, but take heart. You're not alone. We have the venerable Mike Brown to contend with and like Cowboy fans we have a funeral to look forward to someday and new ownership.. I used to actually like the Cowboys so I guess it's how my daughter became a fan or maybe she just likes the shades of blue..who knows?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Welcome. Ur posting style will fit right in here. Hope u post a lot more. And Im sure many here will be happy to include your Bengals funeral watch with ours.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For your sakes as Cowboy fans I hope everyone in Cincinnati was wrong about PA, but I really don't think that is the case.
I have always thought this years staff was cobbed together worse than some of the cars I drove in high school. Seems like a bunch of guys looking to mark time towards their pensions knowing full well it might only be a one year ride.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I have always thought this years staff was cobbed together worse than some of the cars I drove in high school. Seems like a bunch of guys looking to mark time towards their pensions knowing full well it might only be a one year ride.

Lets hope its a one year ride and they can all ride out and away with the Red Fraud at the end of the season. This scenario would make it the best season of the Garrett experiment.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
People at the other Cowboys message board are convinced the Richard, our new DB coach is somehow going to make our defense as a whole better. I won't be excited about any coaches added as long as Garrett is still the head coach.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
People at the other Cowboys message board are convinced the Richard, our new DB coach is somehow going to make our defense as a whole better. I won't be excited about any coaches added as long as Garrett is still the head coach.
He made a lateral career move, not a move up. And moving from an annual SB contender to Dallas, that's a downward career move. Obviously other GMs in the league aren't all that impressed with him, or at the very least a DC position would have been offered.

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
A friend in Irving once observed that there are people in Dallas who would pay big bucks to go watch Jerry do nothing but stand on the star on the 50 yardline.. lol That was a few years back..
In Cincinnati if Mikey did the same and stood on the B people would pay big bucks to throw trash at him..

As for me they're just rich old men with more money than brains who get rich . In fact, it's nearly impossible to be stupid enough to get broke owning an NFL franchise. In a perfect world team owners who preside over years of losing should have a way to get fired and forced into bankruptcy, but look at Cleveland. They've been about as bad as a team could be over the past decade and yet can still pay millions of dollars in salaries and never blink an eye.
I've become a bit of a fan of Brian Tuohy and his site, Thefixisin.net if for no other reason than to counter the never ending spin put out by the league telling us who to root for and why. We're to believe that a handful of billionaire team owners give a rats ass about us fans when clearly the only thing they care about is staying rich. /story

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
There's an "other board" worthy of our attention? I didn't notice since evidently I'm not a born and bred cowboy fan..
There's a decent Bengals board, thebengalsboard.com your all probably welcome at as well. When the teams cut the old boards a lot of new boards popped up without the ridiculous posting rules where people were regularly banned for even critisizing the teams or owners. You probably had the same issues of bans over nothing.. Hell, on the old Bengals forum it was a right of passage to be banned at least a few times every season.. lol

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People at the other Cowboys message board are convinced the Richard, our new DB coach is somehow going to make our defense as a whole better.
The only thing I am convinced of is that if this year goes like I think it will, and Garrett runs out of excuses, the next weak ass, only in it to pad his retirement account HC, will have Richard shoved down his throat as a DC.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As for me they're just rich old men with more money than brains who get rich . In fact, it's nearly impossible to be stupid enough to get broke owning an NFL franchise. In a perfect world team owners who preside over years of losing should have a way to get fired and forced into bankruptcy, but look at Cleveland. They've been about as bad as a team could be over the past decade and yet can still pay millions of dollars in salaries and never blink an eye.
You know what. You are off to a really strong start around here. Hang around and keep it up. I can tell just by reading your posts that you are no kid.

Reaction score
The only thing I am convinced of is that if this year goes like I think it will, and Garrett runs out of excuses, the next weak ass, only in it to pad his retirement account HC, will have Richard shoved down his throat as a DC.

The perfect barometer to tell us if it's still the same old shit is if the next HC gets to come and clean house, bringing in his own guys. If Jerry forces assistants on him then we know not to let hope creep back into our souls.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Yep, Richard is the second coming but I kept asking "why didn't his former team want him?" Hell, give me the talent he had in that secondary and I'll do well too, I won't show up for work and do well.

And there must be a mandate out that the players have to anoint the new coaches and dish on the old ones a little. According to Beasley, Dooley never coached him to run a route, guess that showed up last year?

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Tell me about it...
You were there longer than I was, was it always like that? It seemed like every time a new thread started up, there were threats posted about it going political. I knew I was out when they chose to prevent posters from discussing the owners's decision on the anthem. Are you kidding me? One of the most controversial decisions they've ever made and there was Booger, leading the charge on the extreme right.

But ya know, Corso, it's like the Cowboys, the owner can do with it whatever he likes but don't go selling that as a free discussion forum. In that regard, DC.com was far better.

Corso

Spectator
Reaction score
You were there longer than I was, was it always like that? It seemed like every time a new thread started up, there were threats posted about it going political. I knew I was out when they chose to prevent posters from discussing the owners's decision on the anthem. Are you kidding me? One of the most controversial decisions they've ever made and there was Booger, leading the charge on the extreme right.

But ya know, Corso, it's like the Cowboys, the owner can do with it whatever he likes but don't go selling that as a free discussion forum. In that regard, DC.com was far better.

Always like that. That's why I'm banned right now. Well, hijacking a thread for 3 pages, talking about "bovine secretions" had a hand in it, but what fun it was!

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Always like that. That's why I'm banned right now. Well, hijacking a thread for 3 pages, talking about "bovine secretions" had a hand in it, but what fun it was!
Sounds like a great time and worthy of an award not a ban. That's executive material right there for the Post Jackers Guild.

Top Bottom