Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day to everyone and especially those that have served. As I get older and see my kids grow, I appreciate days like today even more; my heart goes out to parents that have lost children in the military that are the same age as my kids. Football becomes meaningless on days like today but I can't help but think about the players that kneel while parents are missing their children, children are missing their parent and spouses are missing their husbands/wives.

I understand the idea that soldiers sacrificed for the freedom of others to express themselves as they choose. Freedom is freedom even if I don't like what folks are expressing. But I don't have to like it, nor the venue and time of protest (during the anthem). Respect to all those that have served and fuck those who can't show a bit of decency and respect for the sacrifices of others.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day to everyone and especially those that have served. As I get older and see my kids grow, I appreciate days like today even more; my heart goes out to parents that have lost children in the military that are the same age as my kids. Football becomes meaningless on days like today but I can't help but think about the players that kneel while parents are missing their children, children are missing their parent and spouses are missing their husbands/wives.

I understand the idea that soldiers sacrificed for the freedom of others to express themselves as they choose. Freedom is freedom even if I don't like what folks are expressing. But I don't have to like it, nor the venue and time of protest (during the anthem). Respect to all those that have served and fuck those who can't show a bit of decency and respect for the sacrifices of others.

QFT and seconded.
It's my considered opinion we all owe a tremendous debt we can never repay.

Top Bottom