dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
C seems about right, although I think that could swing upward considerably another year or two down the road.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I still struggle to see how someone that small will last in the NFL. He is nowhere near what they list him at.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Listening to Daniel Jeremiah who IMO anyway is one of the better draft talking heads, on the Rich Eisen show: When asked about Kyler Murray, said without hesitation, somebody will draft him in the 1st round. Raved about him being dynamic and his arm strength, said ball placement was a weakness. Did not say whether he personally would draft him. Anyway good for us as a player drops.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Pick: Kaden Smith, Stanford

When the Dallas Cowboys lost tight end Jason Witten to retirement, they lost a huge part of their offense. While Geoff Swaim hasn't been terrible, he hasn't been the reliable go-target Dak Prescott needs at the position.

Dallas, who traded away its first-rounder for Amari Cooper, should try to get a pass-catching tight end like Stanford's Kaden Smith in the second round. The 6'5", 259-pound pass-catcher could create mismatches for the Dallas offense while also offering Prescott the kind of dependable underneath target Witten once was.

The No. 3 tight end on Miller's draft board, Smith may be available at the bottom of the second round, but the Cowboys could also move up a few spots to secure him.

The 2019 NFL Draft's Answer to Every Team's Biggest Problem | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When the Dallas Cowboys lost tight end Jason Witten to retirement, they lost a huge part of their offense.
Right. Such bullshit. Slow and good for nothing much else but the 5 yard out pattern the last few years. We lost nothing but the waste of a roster spot basically. He was a progress stopper.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Dalton Schultz is going to end up progressing nicely for us. He's gonna get bigger and stronger and his run blocking will improve.

Stanford TE's all seem to end up quality players in this league, I don't see any reason why he wont be one of them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think Dalton Schultz is going to end up progressing nicely for us. He's gonna get bigger and stronger and his run blocking will improve.
Plus he's got good creative genes. Charles M. Schultz's grandson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think he's even 5'10. If he goes to the combine, I bet he measured 5'8 or so at best.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He plays against big, NFL size d-linemen in college, so this might be overblown.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He plays against big, NFL size d-linemen in college, so this might be overblown.

He plays in the Big 12, they have so little NFL talent or NFL style defenses. It'll be nothing like he has seen before.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He plays in the Big 12, they have so little NFL talent or NFL style defenses. It'll be nothing like he has seen before.

But the knock against him is that he's too short, not that he plays against soft defenses. Didn't Mahomes play in the Big 12? Didn't hurt his draft stock any.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But the knock against him is that he's too short, not that he plays against soft defenses. Didn't Mahomes play in the Big 12? Didn't hurt his draft stock any.

Is Mahomes a midget?

Top Bottom