theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't even really looked at QB's except that kid from Georgia that looks pretty good. But Dak is my guy......until we have a 1st round pick in 2 years.

Jake Fromm. In another year he may well move himself into top-10 pick overall discussion. He's really developing nicely.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jake Fromm. In another year he may well move himself into top-10 pick overall discussion. He's really developing nicely.

He looked pretty good when I saw him play. I guess the knock on him is his measurables. He's only 6'1" from I what read.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but I want me QB to be able to throw the rock. Kyler Murray is an incredible talent, no doubt about that. He can back up Zeke.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but I want me QB to be able to throw the rock. Kyler Murray is an incredible talent, no doubt about that. He can back up Zeke.
Oh he can throw. He throws a football and it looks like a baseball coming out. He also makes everybody else on the field look like they're running in mud.

Doesn't matter though. He's going to be a baseball player. He'll probably come through Midland when he hits AA and I'll see him first hand.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I don't see how he can survive the NFL at barely 5'10 and maybe 190lbs soaking wet, but the kid has some pretty big time arm talent from everything I've read and the couple games I saw him on TV.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
2018 Draft Class

Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch (No. 19 overall), Texas OG Connor Williams (No. 50 overall), Colorado State WR Michael Gallup (No. 81 overall), Kansas DE Dorance Armstrong (No. 116 overall), Stanford TE Dalton Schultz (No. 137 overall), Western Kentucky QB Mike White (No. 171 overall), Indiana LB Chris Covington (No. 193 overall), Boise State WR Cedrick Wilson (No. 208 overall), Alabama RB Bo Scarbrough (No. 236 overall)

Quietly, few rookies had a bigger impact than the Dallas Cowboys' Leighton Vander Esch. The 140 total tackles look great, but the two interceptions and seven passes defensed are reasons the Dallas defense improved.

O-lineman Connor Williams wasn't perfect, but it's hard to imagine an athlete of his skill level will struggle too much over the long term next to guys such as Travis Frederick—especially after the Cowboys fixed their line-coaching problems midseason.

It shouldn't come as surprise to hear that Michael Gallup lived up to some of his impressive tape, either, as he went over the 500-yard mark despite grabbing just 33 of his 68 targets.

It was a top-heavy class in terms of immediate impact, but that one impact (Vander Esch) propelled the Cowboys. The hope has to be the rest of the class will steadily do the same.

Grade: C

Grading Every NFL Team's 2018 Draft Haul | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Top Bottom