bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
T.O. on Dallas coach Jason Garrett: 'I just don't understand why this guy still has a job"

1526568311-NS_10StockT.jpg

Former Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens pulled no punches when talking about coach Jason Garrett in a recent interview.

In talking with 105.3 The Fan's K&C Masterpiece [KRLD-FM] on Wednesday evening, Owens said he finds it "mind-boggling" that Garrett remains at the helm of the Cowboys.

Here are some highlights from the interview.

On Garrett:

"At the end at the day, how can you keep allowing the players to be the scapegoat for what's not happening, especially when you have a head coach that's supposed to be offensive-minded? They're supposed to direct and lead the team to where it hasn't gotten in a number of years, and they've pretty much been in a standstill under coach Jason Garrett."

How do you think the blame avoids Garrett?

"I have no idea. You know what's really tough? When you really look at it, it doesn't make sense for Jason Garrett to continue to have his job. [The organization is] not really expanding or progressing even as a team under his coaching tenure there.

"Let's bring up basketball for a minute. Here you have Dwane Casey of the Toronto Raptors. This guy was voted unanimously coach of the year, has taken Toronto to the playoffs, had three straight years of 50-plus wins and then they don't make it beyond what the expectations are within that organization and he gets fired. And then you have Jason Garrett who has no accomplishments not even close to that and he continues to still have a job.

"It all boils down to players being the scapegoat for his inability to lead the team as he should. For me it's mind-boggling. I don't understand. And I think Jerry [Jones] -- again he's the owner at the end of the day, he has to feel good with himself about the decisions -- but I just don't understand why this guy [Garrett] still has a job."

Who's the better coach: Andy Reid or Jason Garrett?

"That's a slam dunk. Andy Reid is by far the best coach that I've had. And I say that because he realized the talent that I had and he utilized me to the best of my abilities.

"There was no ego when I went to the Philadelphia Eagles despite whatever the media portrayal was of me. I wasn't selfish by any means. Sometimes yeah, I was selfish to a degree that if I know what I can provide and I know what I can do to a defender or a defense to help us win, then yeah why wouldn't I be selfish? Some of the greatests have been said to be selfish.

"I realize what presence that I presented with and without the ball. And that's what a lot of people didn't know about me. Internally there are coaches that knew that about me, and I felt like even with this whole Hall of Fame stuff [the debate about whether Owens belongs in the Hall amid all the reported locker-room strife] that went about, those should have been the guys that really stood on the platform to dispel some of the notions that I divided the locker room or I was an issue here and there.

"But other than that, I knew what I provided. I knew my skill set, and Andy Reid utilized me to the best of my ability. I was playing lights out when I played for Philadelphia. If I would have continued to play there, there's no telling what my statistics would have been at the end of my career."

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"It all boils down to players being the scapegoat for his inability to lead the team as he should. For me it's mind-boggling. I don't understand. And I think Jerry [Jones] -- again he's the owner at the end of the day, he has to feel good with himself about the decisions -- but I just don't understand why this guy [Garrett] still has a job."
Boom goes the dynamite. Now what name is TO posting under in this forum?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Even assholes stumble upon the truth every now and then.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
How many Kool Aid drunks will be bashing TO for this and defending Garrett? They'll go even further than just defending Garrett, they'll use this to validate Garrett and lavish more praise on the Red Fraud.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Garrett is exactly who we thought he was: An intellectual human being with a Princeton education who simply can’t apply those Ivy League brains to pro football scheming. Add in the constant cheerleader-like chattering with rare deeper meaning, and you’ve got an unlikeable character for a television production. And an even more deplorable choice for head coach of the NFL’s most prominent franchise.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Wow, its really nice to see an article calling out the Fraud for what he is. Jerry deserves Garrett. The fans dont!

Reaction score
Garrett is exactly who we thought he was: An intellectual human being with a Princeton education who simply can’t apply those Ivy League brains to pro football scheming. Add in the constant cheerleader-like chattering with rare deeper meaning, and you’ve got an unlikeable character for a television production. And an even more deplorable choice for head coach of the NFL’s most prominent franchise.

Jason isn't smart. You get in to the Ivy League based upon nepotism and politics. His inability to actually learn from the recent past suggests to me that his I.Q. is below 115.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I think you're giving Garrett too much credit. He's not an "intellectual" and I'd bet his Dad being at Princeton has as much to do with him going there than him being some super-smart guy. he's more of a con man than he is an intellectual. A guy that's been riding his Daddy's coat-tails through life until it got him into the NFL after Daddy begged Norm to work his noodle armed kid out.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I think you're giving Garrett too much credit. He's not an "intellectual" and I'd bet his Dad being at Princeton has as much to do with him going there than him being some super-smart guy. he's more of a con man than he is an intellectual. A guy that's been riding his Daddy's coat-tails through life until it got him into the NFL after Daddy begged Norm to work his noodle armed kid out.

That was a quote from the article. Not my take.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I cannot agree more with TO. It is mind boggling how this clown still has a job. He has no clue what he doing . The guy is absolutely ruining the fantastic talent Willie McClay is drafting up for us. He wasted tony romo’s entire career. The guy has 1 playoff win in his time as HC. REALLY? THATS IT???? Garrett’s teams year in and year out, are undisciplined. They continue to do the stupidest things on and off the field. He has no control of his team . Do you hear anything off the field coming out of New England, Pittsburgh , Green Bay ?????? No! Why ? Because the head coaches instill discipline!!!!! His team underperforms on a specific time in the game and..no yelling , no coaching ! just clap your hands . Yeah that’s going to solve everything !!!! FYI that old liver spot of an owner doesn’t give a rats ass about winning . He wants a “ yes” man as a head coach and he’s got em. Jones cares about putting butts in the seats and making his fortune grow , proof is in the pudding .

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jason isn't smart. You get in to the Ivy League based upon nepotism and politics. His inability to actually learn from the recent past suggests to me that his I.Q. is below 115.

Agreed. But even those with average intellect can learn from their mistakes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, another mediocre year and Garrett is gone. He's run his course.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
How many Kool Aid drunks will be bashing TO for this and defending Garrett? They'll go even further than just defending Garrett, they'll use this to validate Garrett and lavish more praise on the Red Fraud.

You just cant make it up:

GMF is a good show. TO's an idiot who has a personal vendetta against Garrett. I consider it a vote in Garrett's favor that that canker thinks he should be gone. If a terrible locker room guy like that comes out *for* you, that's when you have to wonder if the coach is doing his job or not.

From Idgit

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

You just cant make it up:

GMF is a good show. TO's an idiot who has a personal vendetta against Garrett. I consider it a vote in Garrett's favor that that canker thinks he should be gone. If a terrible locker room guy like that comes out *for* you, that's when you have to wonder if the coach is doing his job or not.

From Idgit

I guess if your full time job is blowing old men, in a van, in Walmart parking lot, you can probably rationalize anything.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
TO's an idiot who has a personal vendetta against Garrett.

Now he just has to explain how thousands of other people without a personal vendetta have come to the exact same conclusion.

Top Bottom