Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not 100% sure but from what i remember is that pete carroll was re-taking the reigns on defense. last year was pretty tumultuous for seattle in general, and the veteran voices might hav ebeen getting old? they got rid of sherman and bennett. injuries to sherman, thomas, chancellor, avril, etc. then thomas rumors after cowboys game towards the end ofhte season. losing to arizona and missing the playoffs.

lots of shit going on and not necessarily on the shoulders of the DC. maybe just a pete carroll re-set ?

Supposedly there was disagreement between Carroll and Richard on how aggressive the scheme would be. I read Richard supported being more aggressive, and Carroll wanted to be more conservative going forward.

He has a good track record for developing DB's there and their defense was near the top of the league every yr except this past year, when the team was plagued with injuries.

It's weird. Carroll brought the guy in from the beginning and the first average defensive season he gets fired. That's cold and I'd bet there's something more to it like some type of verbal disagreement where Carroll thought that Richard's was being disloyal or something.

Either way, we need something new on D and he comes with some credentials.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's weird. Carroll brought the guy in from the beginning and the first average defensive season he gets fired. That's cold and I'd bet there's something more to it like some type of verbal disagreement where Carroll thought that Richard's was being disloyal or something.

It was definitely strange, IIRC when it was announced he was let go people that cover the NFL were all shocked. But I did read that there was the disagreement over how the scheme would look going forward.

Either way, we need something new on D and he comes with some credentials.

Agreed

Top Bottom