Jean-Jacques Taylor: What has impressed me about Cowboys coordinator Kris Richard - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jean-Jacques Taylor: What has impressed me about Cowboys coordinator Kris Richard

1. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    Which begs my next question....if Kris Richard is so good, why was he fired from Seattle? Honest question, as I really don't know a lot about him.
    not 100% sure but from what i remember is that pete carroll was re-taking the reigns on defense. last year was pretty tumultuous for seattle in general, and the veteran voices might hav ebeen getting old? they got rid of sherman and bennett. injuries to sherman, thomas, chancellor, avril, etc. then thomas rumors after cowboys game towards the end ofhte season. losing to arizona and missing the playoffs.

lots of shit going on and not necessarily on the shoulders of the DC. maybe just a pete carroll re-set ?

2. Appreciation Dodger12 appreciated this post
  3. Back To Top    #17

4. Back To Top    #18
    Which begs my next question....if Kris Richard is so good, why was he fired from Seattle? Honest question, as I really don't know a lot about him.
    Supposedly there was disagreement between Carroll and Richard on how aggressive the scheme would be. I read Richard supported being more aggressive, and Carroll wanted to be more conservative going forward.

He has a good track record for developing DB's there and their defense was near the top of the league every yr except this past year, when the team was plagued with injuries.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

5. Back To Top    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoRedJ View Post
    And why would he want to work with Garrett?
    gotta assume jerry at least offered him the DC position next yr, insinuating he would be pushing rod out/to retire

but who knows what jerry said/did to close the deal

6. Props NoMoRedJ gave props for this post
  7. Back To Top    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    gotta assume jerry at least offered him the DC position next yr, insinuating he would be pushing rod out/to retire

but who knows what jerry said/did to close the deal
    Thats probably a very good possibility.

8. Back To Top    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by icup View Post
    not 100% sure but from what i remember is that pete carroll was re-taking the reigns on defense. last year was pretty tumultuous for seattle in general, and the veteran voices might hav ebeen getting old? they got rid of sherman and bennett. injuries to sherman, thomas, chancellor, avril, etc. then thomas rumors after cowboys game towards the end ofhte season. losing to arizona and missing the playoffs.

lots of shit going on and not necessarily on the shoulders of the DC. maybe just a pete carroll re-set ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    Supposedly there was disagreement between Carroll and Richard on how aggressive the scheme would be. I read Richard supported being more aggressive, and Carroll wanted to be more conservative going forward.

He has a good track record for developing DB's there and their defense was near the top of the league every yr except this past year, when the team was plagued with injuries.
    It's weird. Carroll brought the guy in from the beginning and the first average defensive season he gets fired. That's cold and I'd bet there's something more to it like some type of verbal disagreement where Carroll thought that Richard's was being disloyal or something.

Either way, we need something new on D and he comes with some credentials.

9. Back To Top    #22
    It's weird. Carroll brought the guy in from the beginning and the first average defensive season he gets fired. That's cold and I'd bet there's something more to it like some type of verbal disagreement where Carroll thought that Richard's was being disloyal or something.
    It was definitely strange, IIRC when it was announced he was let go people that cover the NFL were all shocked. But I did read that there was the disagreement over how the scheme would look going forward.

Either way, we need something new on D and he comes with some credentials.
    Agreed

Members who have read this thread: 17