theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Uh oh. If this turns out to cripple this franchise for another decade, probably be more than I can take.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
He's getting what he's worth. And if he earns a big contract in the future its because he earned it. There is no hurry to pay w/o seeing how he does the next two seasons.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
look for this fat ass contract to be a cool $30 million/yr or maybe even a little more

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
look for this fat ass contract to be a cool $30 million/yr or maybe even a little more

If he is a soup bow winning QB by this time next year it would be harder to argue with it.

We shouldn't even be talking about extending him until he's at least the National Conference champion.

If we shit the bed like last year, or even if we're once again a one and done playoff doormat, I'm all about making a change at QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He wont get 30 mils or anywhere near it unless he plays more like his rookie year.

Not even sure why this is a topic for discussion now, they cant do anything until after he completed his 3rd yr.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not even sure why this is a topic for discussion now
Because the dumbasses felt it necessary to flap their cock holsters about it when you're right, it's not even a relevant topic right now.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He wont get 30 mils or anywhere near it unless he plays more like his rookie year.

Not even sure why this is a topic for discussion now, they cant do anything until after he completed his 3rd yr.

i wouldnt underestimate the qb market.

dak is due up after 2019, so i think thats about $33-35 mil if his 2018-2019 seasons are at least average compared to the 1st 2 yrs....which statistically, is pretty good and gives the agent plenty of ammunition when bargaining.

consider that in 2011 payton manning was the highest paid qb...... at $18 mil/yr....... that was only 7 yrs ago.

youre right dbair... its a huge investment and franchise-altering decision, so lets just put that on the back burner.

no i think you need a plan. yo uneed a plan now. and you need a plan for if dak gets injured.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This year will be a big year for Prescott. For me, unless I see a completely different player than I did last year, I'm looking for a QB in the 2019 draft.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This year will be a big year for Prescott. For me, unless I see a completely different player than I did last year, I'm looking for a QB in the 2019 draft.

I regret to inform you that Jerry is gonna pay him no matter what.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I regret to inform you that Jerry is gonna pay him no matter what.

He might. Nothing would surprise me with Jerry. But I won't watch a QB who's paid like a franchise QB that I know lacks the arm talent to lead the team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is the problem with Jerry

If he sees a player perform to a certain standard (whatever that may be) he then believes that that level or performance is that players norm

Meaning he saw Dak do really well and go 13-3 in his rookie year. So in Jerry’s mind that is Dak’s standard level of performance

Anything below that level has to have a reason (or excuse) as to why they didn’t perform up to his accepted standard level of performance

If Jerry sees a player have a killer year then he believes that player can and will always have that type of year

So Jerry will pay Dak solely based off is his rookie performance

He won’t take into account his taking a step backwards last year and he won’t take into account whatever he may do this year (unless it matches or surpasses his rookie season)

In Jerrys mind Dak earned his contract extension and the right to be the highest paid player in the entire NFL in his rookie season

Forget everything that comes after that year. If he did it once he can do it again. That’s the way he thinks

Last edited:
Top Bottom