Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

It's a scary disease though. Debilitating and you never get 100 percent lost strength back, from what I've been reading.

Who's our backup center?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It's a scary disease though. Debilitating and you never get 100 percent lost strength back, from what I've been reading.

Who's our backup center?

Looney looks like the guy for now.
Interesting thing, Mark Schelreth reached out to Fred via Twitter. Turns out old Stink had the same thing back in the day. Probably still does, autoimmune diseases don't go away usually.
Kinda cool Stink reaching out, offering up help and such.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
giphy.gif

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Really bad news and hope for Fred's sake he recovers quickly and fully.

Needless to say it's a massive hit to our team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lael Collins now injured as well, limping badly and ankle heavily taped.

Was replaced by Chaz Green.

Connor Williams is the only starting OL in full pad practice now. Tyron was getting his usual day off for veteran rest.

Still no word on whether Zach Martin's latest tests turned out ok, they seem awfully quiet about this. Similar to Fred thing, looks like the usual situation with injuries here. First it's "not all that concerned"...then "day to day"...then "well he should be ready in a week or two" then to GONE for year.

I don't know how they could overcome the potential loss of both Fred and Martin. Not only two starting OL, but also two of the premier players in the league.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Connor Williams is the only starting OL in full pad practice now.

We'll have to keep Chaz because of his versatility. :errf

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Connor Williams is the only starting OL in full pad practice now. Tyron was getting his usual day off for veteran rest.

Still no word on whether Zach Martin's latest tests turned out ok, they seem awfully quiet about this. Similar to Fred thing, looks like the usual situation with injuries here. First it's "not all that concerned"...then "day to day"...then "well he should be ready in a week or two" then to GONE for year.

I don't know how they could overcome the potential loss of both Fred and Martin. Not only two starting OL, but also two of the premier players in the league.

If they are both gone you can kiss this season goodbye

And say hello to a 6-10 season or worse.

The worst part is it would give Garrett another get out of jail free card and allow him to coach for at least one more season

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The worst part is it would give Garrett another get out of jail free card and allow him to coach for at least one more season

After what the Eagles and Vikings achieved last season with multiple key injuries, Garrett should not be allowed to get away with that excuse anymore.

Anyway, is it just me or are there a lot more injuries in the NFL than there used to be? Particularly to linemen. I have a theory about this. Back when football was good, you'd rarely see linemen weigh more than 260-270lb. Nowadays these fat bastards are commonly in the 310-320lb range, sometimes more. I'm just not sure the human body's tendons and ligaments are built to support that kind of weight.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matter of fact, let me be the first to prognosticate: Put me down for Carolina, Bluenoser.

Top Bottom