theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I've never really been bothered by the Zone
Right now the place is intolerable with chest thumping fanbois literally everywhere spewing non stop propaganda. I predict they are all talking draft again by Thanksgiving. The only thing the site is really good for is draft season when some posters put up stuff from subscription sites that I normally wouldnt get to see.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh one more thing. We all occasionally step in shit. My advice if you find yourself in an undefendable or unpopular position you really cant defend, simply punt. You move on, everybody else moves on. Usually works like a charm. You should try it sometime.

I mostly mea culpa rather than punt. But maybe that IS punting. "I stand corrected" is one if my most-typed things.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep definitely most acceptable form of punting, owning it and acknowledging it like you do is best. OTOH a simple silent surrender and walk a way will work if all else fails.

But... You implored him not to walk away. That ain't punting that's quitting.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But... You implored him not to walk away. That ain't punting that's quitting.

Not walk away from the board. Walk away from a position that we all know he cant defend. Dont have to admit you were wrong even though everyone knows it, just not say another word about it and go on to the next subject. Thats what I meant by silent surrender and walk away.

Reaction score
For god sakes. We need more posters and fresh blood around here. Dont be thin skinned and leave. My mind is constantly boggled by people that come in here and dip a toe in the water, see basically the tone of the board, get their panties in a bunch and leave. Usually over nothing. There are no rules, no moderation, NOTHING! It is a blank canvas. How is it that you cant make that work for you?

It's amazing isn't it? Posters are so thin skinned these days. Guess it makes for a good filter. Only those with a pair can hack it here.

Reaction score
Like ex-cons, some people just can't make it on the outside. Freedom freaks them out. They prefer prison life at the Zone, where there's rules, structure and punishment for "bad think." It's their psychic security blanket.

[video=youtube;-p1z2D-A4iY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1z2D-A4iY[/video]

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Its our world and society where weak minded people cant handle the truth or different views than their own. The ability to recognize facts and reality is non existent. And when confronted with reality they are terrified by it.

This is the only forum Ive posted on where there are no thought police or attempts to control the dialogue. What a novel concept!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not walk away from the board. Walk away from a position that we all know he cant defend. Dont have to admit you were wrong even though everyone knows it, just not say another word about it and go on to the next subject. Thats what I meant by silent surrender and walk away.

And ironically, his position might have been very reasonable, not liking the idea of mass accidental death for a dozen people.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's amazing isn't it? Posters are so thin skinned these days. Guess it makes for a good filter. Only those with a pair can hack it here.

I dont understand the need to have everyone agree with you 100% or the need to censor folks opinions you don't like. You can say whatever you want here and while you may catch hell for an opinion people don't agree with, so what? Its just words on a screen from a stranger, toughen up and make your case and don't get butt-hurt if people dont agree.

But these guys always do their drive-by posts and pack up their toys and leave when they don't get the response they were hoping for

at least its good for some lulz

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And ironically, his position might have been very reasonable, not liking the idea of mass accidental death for a dozen people.

There's always the exception. If Jerry had some issue which caused the NFL to force Jerry to sell (ie: Donald Stern and the Clippers situation), I'd be acceptable to that. But barring that, the current situation calls for extreme measures.......

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah I dont wanna talk for Scot but I am pretty sure he just wants the Jones family far from football operations and not necessarily dead. We can all agree that them either selling the team or being completely disconnected from football operations is the only real hope for team success.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont understand the need to have everyone agree with you 100% or the need to censor folks opinions you don't like. You can say whatever you want here and while you may catch hell for an opinion people don't agree with, so what? Its just words on a screen from a stranger, toughen up and make your case and don't get butt-hurt if people dont agree.

But these guys always do their drive-by posts and pack up their toys and leave when they don't get the response they were hoping for

at least its good for some lulz

Just some young folks who have grown up with safe spaces. It's a sign of the time. No dialogue or opinion is accepted or even allowed unless it mirrors their own. Unfortunately for them, the real world can be a cold and cruel place.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah I dont wanna talk for Scot but I am pretty sure he just wants the Jones family far from football operations and not necessarily dead. We can all agree that them either selling the team or being completely disconnected from football operations is the only real hope for team success.

The funny thing is....

If GW read my original post that started this entire thing I said “Jeruh and the entire Jones clan COULD die in a helicopter crash along with the entire front office tomorrow and we would still be fucked as long as Garrett is still the head coach”

So it’s not like I was even wishing for this to happen

It was just the scenario I chose to use to make my point that the Jones are not the only problem with this team. Even with the Jones out of the picture we would still be fucked as long as Garrett is still the head coach.

I could have chosen a massive wood chipper accident at the Jones estate, flesh eating bacteria, or a number of other wonderful ways to go. But the helicopter crash seemed to be the quickest and surest way to get all of them out of the picture all at once.

Maybe GW was triggered because it was a scenario that was too plausible. Who knows

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The funny thing is....

If GW read my original post that started this entire thing I said “Jeruh and the entire Jones clan COULD die in a helicopter crash along with the entire front office tomorrow and we would still be fucked as long as Garrett is still the head coach”

So it’s not like I was even wishing for this to happen

It was just the scenario I chose to use to make my point that the Jones are not the only problem with this team. Even with the Jones out of the picture we would still be fucked as long as Garrett is still the head coach.

I could have chosen a massive wood chipper accident at the Jones estate, flesh eating bacteria, or a number of other wonderful ways to go. But the helicopter crash seemed to be the quickest and surest way to get all of them out of the picture all at once.

Maybe GW was triggered because it was a scenario that was too plausible. Who knows

Overly sensitive snow flakes and the weak minded take things too literally at times and have no context awareness. They are a combination of over sensitive and not very bright. When I say not very bright I mean they have to be right? If one isnt able to think for oneself thats a sign of something.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Gamewatcher must not have checked out the entire DCU Boards before deciding to sign up

He clearly never read any of the Jerry Jones death watch thread

There is clearly much worse than a hypothetical helicopter crash in that thread

LoL

Reaction score
Gamewatcher must not have checked out the entire DCU Boards before deciding to sign up

He clearly never read any of the Jerry Jones death watch thread

There is clearly much worse than a hypothetical helicopter crash in that thread

LoL

I think some of them come here with the crusader mindset that they are going to conquer us all for our badthink. They step into the arena, and find that lions, tigers, and guys with swords are waiting for them with no Emperor Reality to save them. Nor is there an Idgit or Jobberone to banish the meanies for daring to speak their minds against the orthodoxy.

Top Bottom